Bioware is terrible at balancing classes

ST_Licon

all of you who work at bioware and are currently "improving" SWTOR's experience by giving us new cartel items THAT WE HAVE TO PAY FOR are terrible, most likely this thread wont be read by any dev but seriously bioware you cannot balance anything, each time you make 1 class OP as hell, first it was known as focus/rage/smash spec that was SERIOUSLY OP, then 2.0 came and then began the Grav round/Tracer missle spam fest, "oh i know guys lets make GR and TM hit for 6-10k and spammable then lets give them the ability to be immune to interrupts" ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME BIOWARE you didnt think of the consequences at all. same happened to Focus/Rage/ Smash spec, lets buff the AOE spec so it can hit 6-9k (pre 2.0) and that can be done to 5 people. yep bioware thats a good idea, a team wont ever think to take 4 of them. then you gave the most OP ranged class - Sniper/gunslingers the ability to not die, firstly they have their original stuns, now they have a roll and each they go into cover they get an immunity, so they still hit the highest and now other classes cant hit them, yep thats smart. and now AOE specs are the way to go with a sent or mara, single target cant hit high enough, so every Warzone is full of Derp smash and grav/tracer spam.

Im only posting this in hope you guys actually realize your just killing your own game, APAC is now dead with no news of server transfers, you balanced and continue to balance your classes terribly. i suggest you actually listen to your community rather than your stupid game designers from now on, they play the game not you guys if you guys want a Story fulled fun time go play something else, and let us TOR fans love star wars not hate it because of you

Too bad no game can balance classes/characters. Seriously. Get over it. Look at every game there is and you will find people crying about class imbalance. The only way to completly stop it is to have only one class and everyone playing the same. Even then people would still find ways to complain.

Now. Do what all the good players do and learn to beat whatever the fotm is.

Ps. If you were paying attention tm spam has been around since the begining. It's something bad mercs/commandos do and if you can't beat it you should reevaluate pvping.

Too bad no game can balance classes/characters. Seriously. Get over it. Look at every game there is and you will find people crying about class imbalance. The only way to completly stop it is to have only one class and everyone playing the same. Even then people would still find ways to complain.

Now. Do what all the good players do and learn to beat whatever the fotm is.

Ps. If you were paying attention tm spam has been around since the begining. It's something bad mercs/commandos do and if you can't beat it you should reevaluate pvping.

true not denying that MMOS have unbalance, but the fact being theres a difference between OP and unbalanced my meaning by that is, while for e.g grav round just as example can hit 5-9k so can master strike from a sentinel difference is master strike has a cooldown. now thats an aceptable un balance as sentinels have other moves to make up the dps, but you have to admit that comparing both a sentinel/ mara and a merc/commando VS the sniper/slinger thats the OP problem, at least a commando can be hit, sniper/slinger A) hits the highest out of ranged dps, B) has cover to reduce damage C) now has a roll for another escape as well as their other stuns and a immunity each time they go into cover.

thats the OP part, now the little un balancing like smash and grav rounds i understand but when a class like the sniper gets that buff it destroys pvp.

okay tell me how you counter snipers/slingers then, not being a ******** but seriously how do you counter them, i play a sent and guardian. i shouldnt have to rethink PVP in total because of something like that, you rethink how you pvp when Focus/Rage/Smash spec got its buff you learn how to counter a single move, but an entire class's dynamics thats OP please tell me how you have worked out how to counter them

They are A LOT better than cough cough (blizzard). Your class is a god one week and crap the next. Then the following week you are a god again. At least here things are consistent. lol

Seriously though anyone who says this mmo or any mmo is balanced needs to go back to xbox lol MMOs are never balanced but SWTOR is pretty close

Edited by Zergnaut

There is no need to scrap it, they need to make teamwork the most powerful thing in game, one man shouldn't be able to carry a team, if a team is bad then it loses, if the teamwork is good, then they should perform well, this is not properly enforced in warzones and thus you have these one man army type PVP builds that can solo three or four players at a time.

Not only is this significantly more balanced than the majority of other MMOs out right now -- you're also complaining about two different teams.

Trust me. You don't want the CM team working on class balance. The only thing they would do is balance the attractiveness of each class.

There is no need to scrap it, they need to make teamwork the most powerful thing in game, one man shouldn't be able to carry a team, if a team is bad then it loses, if the teamwork is good, then they should perform well, this is not properly enforced in warzones and thus you have these one man army type PVP builds that can solo three or four players at a time.

No one wants to use teamwork. They EXPECT to be that one man army. That's why they usually run ahead of the group, get killed and then complain that the other class was "OP", instead of realizing that the other guy got lucky and one of the guys on his side caught up to him and fired a few shots. I've seen it happen in every other MMO. It's a waste of time trying to change their tactics. They won't listen or even care. Notice how if you're in a match with preset rules to victory, everyone ignores it and just rushes the middle of the map and kills each other, leaving every man for themselves? If they can't comprehend "Hold the line" to win the match, how can we expect them to learn "work as a team" is the key to victory?

Since the players can't play the game the right way, why bother holding them at all?

Scrap it and leave that to the game type it works best in, rather than force it into a sect it doesn't belong.

all of you who work at bioware and are currently "improving" SWTOR's experience by giving us new cartel items THAT WE HAVE TO PAY FOR are terrible, most likely this thread wont be read by any dev but seriously bioware you cannot balance anything, each time you make 1 class OP as hell, first it was known as focus/rage/smash spec that was SERIOUSLY OP, then 2.0 came and then began the Grav round/Tracer missle spam fest, "oh i know guys lets make GR and TM hit for 6-10k and spammable then lets give them the ability to be immune to interrupts" ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME BIOWARE you didnt think of the consequences at all. same happened to Focus/Rage/ Smash spec, lets buff the AOE spec so it can hit 6-9k (pre 2.0) and that can be done to 5 people. yep bioware thats a good idea, a team wont ever think to take 4 of them. then you gave the most OP ranged class - Sniper/gunslingers the ability to not die, firstly they have their original stuns, now they have a roll and each they go into cover they get an immunity, so they still hit the highest and now other classes cant hit them, yep thats smart. and now AOE specs are the way to go with a sent or mara, single target cant hit high enough, so every Warzone is full of Derp smash and grav/tracer spam.

Im only posting this in hope you guys actually realize your just killing your own game, APAC is now dead with no news of server transfers, you balanced and continue to balance your classes terribly. i suggest you actually listen to your community rather than your stupid game designers from now on, they play the game not you guys if you guys want a Story fulled fun time go play something else, and let us TOR fans love star wars not hate it because of you

Stop qq and take it like a man...

Always the same with pvpers qq about classes.... bh is fine as it is.

No one wants to use teamwork. They EXPECT to be that one man army. That's why they usually run ahead of the group, get killed and then complain that the other class was "OP", instead of realizing that the other guy got lucky and one of the guys on his side caught up to him and fired a few shots. I've seen it happen in every other MMO. It's a waste of time trying to change their tactics. They won't listen or even care. Notice how if you're in a match with preset rules to victory, everyone ignores it and just rushes the middle of the map and kills each other, leaving every man for themselves? If they can't comprehend "Hold the line" to win the match, how can we expect them to learn "work as a team" is the key to victory?

Since the players can't play the game the right way, why bother holding them at all?

Scrap it and leave that to the game type it works best in, rather than force it into a sect it doesn't belong.

Look up the info on how ESO is going to do open-world PVP, don't look at GW2, their PVP is nonsensical, but look at how ESO has revealed they are doing, this is exactly the type of PVP that DOES work as you HAVE to use teamwork based tactics to win or you lose regardless of how OP you may or may not be.

Stuff like Warzones I agree are so insanely difficult to balance that it is almost a lost cause, open world however can be the total opposite story.

true not denying that MMOS have unbalance, but the fact being theres a difference between OP and unbalanced my meaning by that is, while for e.g grav round just as example can hit 5-9k so can master strike from a sentinel difference is master strike has a cooldown. now thats an aceptable un balance as sentinels have other moves to make up the dps, but you have to admit that comparing both a sentinel/ mara and a merc/commando VS the sniper/slinger thats the OP problem, at least a commando can be hit, sniper/slinger A) hits the highest out of ranged dps, B) has cover to reduce damage C) now has a roll for another escape as well as their other stuns and a immunity each time they go into cover.

thats the OP part, now the little un balancing like smash and grav rounds i understand but when a class like the sniper gets that buff it destroys pvp.

okay tell me how you counter snipers/slingers then, not being a ******** but seriously how do you counter them, i play a sent and guardian. i shouldnt have to rethink PVP in total because of something like that, you rethink how you pvp when Focus/Rage/Smash spec got its buff you learn how to counter a single move, but an entire class's dynamics thats OP please tell me how you have worked out how to counter them

Really? Did you ever play WoW when Paladins were gods? Might as well not even try to kill them. It was pointless. Honestly, I have not experienced anything in SWTOR like that. But yeah, there is no real balance in MMO's, there will always be an exploit. You shouldn't get so tense about it. Just take the beating and move on.

The only way we can have truly balanced PVP is to REMOVE IT ALL ENTIRELY.

MMO PVP is a terrible concept that will never work. Best to scrap it and leave PVP to FPS.

I wouldn't go so far as to say leave it to FPS games, but yeah MMO PvP is pretty bottom of the barrel. If you're gonna do PvP you really have to build your entire game around it, and I don't know of many MMOs that have done that. The mechanics and game design choices that work for PvE usually don't mesh well with the needs of PvP, so trying to tack on a PvP section in a game that's been built primarily for PvE is just foolish. I wish more developers would recognize that and focus on one or the other so we'd all get better experiences.

Look up the info on how ESO is going to do open-world PVP, don't look at GW2, their PVP is nonsensical, but look at how ESO has revealed they are doing, this is exactly the type of PVP that DOES work as you HAVE to use teamwork based tactics to win or you lose regardless of how OP you may or may not be.

Stuff like Warzones I agree are so insanely difficult to balance that it is almost a lost cause, open world however can be the total opposite story.

Last I heard of their Open World PVP, it was land locked in Cyrodiil and was more of PVE questing where the mob just happened to be another player.

Link me the latest news?

Last I heard of their Open World PVP, it was land locked in Cyrodiil and was more of PVE questing where the mob just happened to be another player.

Link me the latest news?

Actually there are going to be full sieges, with resource management being crucial, the main prize is the control of the Imperial City, the most powerful guild leader in control will become the Emperor/Empress, I won't bother linking as all you need is a youtube search.

heh you seem under informed about pvp in ESO. They do indeed have siege but its 1 zone in the entire game. You also have to rebuild after victory. But their actual pvp in game is reduced to flag running. You run around gathering scrolls to buff your team. Its pretty terrible. Don't let the siege combat fool you pvp in ESO is a glorified deathmatch.

heh you seem under informed about pvp in ESO. They do indeed have siege but its 1 zone in the entire game. You also have to rebuild after victory.

That one zone is an entire province.

Also, of course you have to rebuild, it's meant to be siege warfare over multiple cities and keeps, not king of the hill 1,2,3,4,5,6....

the sniper/slinger thats the OP problem, at least a commando can be hit, sniper/slinger A) hits the highest out of ranged dps, B) has cover to reduce damage C) now has a roll for another escape as well as their other stuns and a immunity each time they go into cover.

okay tell me how you counter snipers/slingers then, not being a ******** but seriously how do you counter them, i play a sent and guardian.

if snipers are your biggest problem in pvp then no wonder your qqing on the internet like a real pvper lol

really snipers??? you think their op to the point of breaking pvp

your also qqing about tracer missiles lol

Edited by Vis-Tecum

L2Troll please. Grav Round absolutely doesn't hit for anywhere near 9k.