Stronghold Hook And Room Reset Problems

Xina_LA

Greetings, fellow stronghold addicts!

There are several places in strongholds where the hooks don't work right. I know there are at least 4 that either don't accept or don't release items on Yavin 4. If you know where these are, please post them on the Big List thread...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=921318

If I remember correctly, here are two. Can you confirm?

* Yavin 4 (Balcony Doorway) -- Enter the main temple, take the first door on the right, go all the way to the balcony. Turn around to face the stairs. The small wall hooks on either side of the doorway won't accept decorations.

* Yavin 4 (Outer Temple Doorway) -- Go through the main temple and out across the bridge. Enter the large building on the right. Turn around to face the doorway. The large wall hooks adjacent to the doorway (on the walls of the short hall ending in the doorway) won't release decorations once they are placed in them.

There are also places where glitches prevent us from resetting a single room of furniture. I believe both Yavin 4 and Nar Shaddaa are notorious for this. If you know of any, please post to the Big List.

Hopefully if we compile a neat list of stronghold issues, the devs will be more tempted to fix them.

Thanks, Xina_la! I never encountered these problems in my SHs, but I'll check these and post back.

I have noticed that occasionally in all SHs that when hooks fail to function, if you right-click on a differently sized hook elsewhere in the room it somehow fixes the issue. I don't know if you tried this on the hooks you mentioned - or if it will work - but I'll give it a go myself.

I love strongholds, but I despise the hook system.

I haven't had that problem with the small wall hooks to either side of the balcony doorway on Yavin. I checked this last night and was able to place an ambient machine there, on either side, and pick it up again.

I also tried the hooks on that entry "hallway" in the building you described. You mean the large wall hooks that face each other, to either side adjacent to the doorway? I didn't have a problem with those, either. Is there something specific that you did that maybe I haven't tried? What size object is stuck, on what hook arrangement? Was it stuck immediately, or only after logging in/out? Can you move the object within its hook (up/down, side, rotate)? And if you try to change the hook arrangement, does the decoration stay stuck there?

Edited by Mireleni

Is there something specific that you did that maybe I haven't tried? What size object is stuck, on what hook arrangement? Was it stuck immediately, or only after logging in/out? Can you move the object within its hook (up/down, side, rotate)? And if you try to change the hook arrangement, does the decoration stay stuck there?

If you exit the main temple, cross the bridge, and go to the outer building on the right.

Go through the doorway. Stop and turn around at the end of the short entry hall.

There are Large wall hooks on either side of the doorway, against the walls of the entry corridor.

I put banners in these hooks.

When I go back later, I click the hook but it shows me nothing in it.

I can place a second object in the hook and then both decorations appear in the hook.

I can reliably remove the second object from the hook.

Changing the hook layout doesn't release the original item, but it does release the secondary item.