Fastest LI HM run

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xeno very nice... I still haven't touched HM EC with my guild as most have transfered to the APAC servers and I couldn't so BW basically stuffed most of the SEA'ians... oh well I'm just lvling an assassin purely from PVP'ing in the server now.

• 1 month later...
1/10. Not believable enough to make people bite OP. Good try though.

Actually it's not that hard once you get the mechanics down. I recommend Dulfy's blog if you need help.

As for their gear clearly their DPS had Columi grade mainhands because without that their DPS would have been to low. You can do this with only 2 pieces of Columi depending on WHAT pieces they are.

• 4 weeks later...
The real question is how fast can you do LI HM with 2 melee dps? :)

Try that with an undergeared commando healer.

We'll try one with two melee dps, its would be pretty ragecage to be honest. Our best with a Marauder/Merc

Two sentinels for DPS, Shadow tank, and Commando heals. We timed our run last night and actually had one of our worst from a feel perspective. We clocked it at 20 minutes and change from the first boss to end. Definitely not our best performance, I think we're around 20 minutes even on our best run from start of instance to end. We have a video just have to put it up on YT. Our best on KuS was about 25. Damn cut scenes!

Did it in about 25-30 mins the other night with what I'd call one of my most ideal setups. All guildies, one of our best sorc healers, our best sorc dps and our 2nd or 3rd best sniper. And myself being a PT tank.

I did push it to be as quick, but I wasn't pushing the group to speed run so to speak. So I think if we tried we could make it in 25mins, maybe even 20 if you cut out the seconds taken to quickly decide what were doing on bosses etc and just generally pushing ourselves.

However.bear in mind we are mostly in all Black Hole with some Campaign pieces :p doing it solely for the weekly.

So basically you're all saying that I can run HM LI with my guildies with my Columni and Tionese I already have? I have everything from chest to feet in Columni and 1 piece Tionese and a PVE blaster. My guildies keep saying to get more gear. If you all are running this in 25-40 minutes, then why the heck am I grinding for gear? Edited by LG_XxLegacyxX

Did I say 4x5k dot? I said bombs. Dr. Lorrick, you know? Anyone who is not interrupting Incinerate should be shot out of mercy lol.

Dr lorrick freeze himself in position for a second before throwing bomb, the position one would assume to throw shuriken for exemple. There is plenty of time for a competent tank to move on his side and not get hit by the bomb, the boss is frozen, he will not follow the tank for a second.

You can easily avoid all 4 grenades. You might get 1 or 2 if you're a bit slow but getting all 4 of them? Your tank must be really really REALLY bad. Like, please never tank ever bad.

Doing it with all melee DPS is deffinately much harder, like everything in this game :/

But if you can't handle hard KP and EV then you most likely won't be able to do LI.

Edited by NasherUK

55min, Columni geared group (group of friends who have been PVEing since the beginning of WoW)

See, I believe this but the rage timers are too tight, the damage too much, and the mechanics too hard for a group of non-geared folks saying they ran it for the first time and have no problems because "they be skillzed l33t yo!"

Mind you they have ran it 3-4 times over the last 3-4 weeks and they are sill in "unmodded 42-49" gear...

None of them mind you have talked about the bugs that come with the droid (maybe 1 out of 6 times he won't bug) or the once in a while bug with the Pipe Jumper or the bug that can occur with the Dr.

Here's the big question for the l33t players... Which power does the Droid use first: Plasma or Incinerate? What makes the Droid have a greater chance of launching an Invisible Incinerate? How many Utility Droids are there on the first encounter after the Droid? How do you get past the 2nd mini boss without fighting him?

See, for someone who fights this Encounter 2-3 times a day, every day these should be answers that just pop out at you. I can see the beginning of this fight all the way to the end... From the bird getting eaten at the beginning to the DPS race on Dr. Lorek to the Thunderbolt you can get from him. I know which bug is a wipe and which ones I am able to get around by running in a circle. I also know you don't need a Tank to do this FP.

Lost Island Story Mode is about as hard as Kaon is on HM... Lost Island Hard Mode with Range is about as easy as 8 man EC (sm). Lost Island (hm) with melee is harder than EC (sm) and not quite as hard as EC (hm).

Which power does the Droid use first: Plasma or Incinerate? What makes the Droid have a greater chance of launching an Invisible Incinerate? How many Utility Droids are there on the first encounter after the Droid? How do you get past the 2nd mini boss without fighting him?

Random. No idea, never seen it happen. Four. Pull the preceding trash mob back, causing the miniboss to remain in his cage.

With well-geared players, 20-25 minute runs are perfectly feasible. With a couple of geared players, fresh 50s can be carried if they're competent. The flashpoint is definitely doable in Tionese gear, with Lorrick being the biggest challenge.

I also know you don't need a Tank to do this FP.

There goes any credence for your opinions.

This flashpoint IS NOT HARD WITH MELEE. Unless you consider thinking while moving challenging.

Edited by Aurojiin

I think its good that some people cannot get past the first boss and I can run it less that 40min.

All you need is a geared tank and a leet healer like myself.

Lies, if one of your dps don't know what they're doing it completely ruins you're whole run. Like what happened to us last night.

I would say everyone needs to know what they are doing, and be at least paying attention to stats a little bit and rotations.