Agent - Operative Healer Aggro

What is the point of being a healer, when you get aggroed so hard that, you waste all your action, to heal yourself, and have nothing, for the group?

I was in the Battle for Ilum, and, without firing a shot, or healing anyone, i would get aggroed by the bosses, and insta-killed.

Now I understand that it was a hard mode version, and its supposed to be hard, but 3 other guys, were on the boss, and i purposely didn't attack, or heal, so that they could build aggro, and yet, the boss jumps to me, then insta kills me. We wiped so many times, that we gave up. We had a Tank, a Dps, and second Healer(he never got aggroed until after i was killed).

So my question is this. Is Operative/ healer bugged or nerfed with a high aggro chance?

If so, please allow us to switch professions, so i can change to BH, if you are going to screw with Agent- operatives, just because some guy playing something other than Agent, got upset at Agent Healers.

Firstly: you had two healers?! Seriously? Let me tell you: you would've wiped and failed no matter how much you aggroed.

Secondly: you're probably talking about the bug with stealth. Don't use stealth to start a fight. It can sometimes make you aggro from far away. With your normal heals you're not going to pull any more aggro than the next healer.

Also, your tank sucked. Tell him about taunt next time. And may I suggest using the vanish ability?

There's also a fairly big chance that you're trolling, because your story just sounds so ridiculous. If that's the case, disregard my advice.

Edited by Boissi

For Battle of Ilum the first boss's elite, bonus boss, and last boss all have some random aggro mechanics. That's why they were jumping to you. Also if any of the bosses spawn adds (second boss specifically) they are going to jump to the healer most likely. Edited by SunsNRses

For Battle of Ilum the first boss's elite, bonus boss, and last boss all have some random aggro mechanics. That's why they were jumping to you. Also if any of the bosses spawn adds (second boss specifically) they are going to jump to the healer most likely.

Yup. And for the first boss, the pair of guys, if you don't just skip 'em, the lightning guy is not that bad as long as people interrupt the chain lightning. For the final boss, just need to keep people topped up on health.

As to adds, yeah, they'll do that, unless someone picks them up. Usually the best way to handle that sort of thing is to position yourself and your team properly. You want the adds to have to pass near the tank/dps to get to you. That way, they AoE and you're in the clear.

Edited by Battilea

Yes, i tried my deaggro special, combat cloak, waiting till tank built up aggro, not being cloaked, at the start.

everything possible.

i had 35 heal stims saved up, now i have 2. my credits got so low, a guildie, had to loan me some,for repairs.

would having a high cunning have anything to do with insta aggro,insta kill?

i have decent but not top endurance, without buffs, 13080, after buffs about 15000.

any advice, other than , ltp, would be helpful. thanks.

ps....i've had this problem in every HM, but nothing,in normal mode

Edited by -Slaughterhouse-

nope. the only advice is L2p. because honestly, as a sawbones healer, I've never run into this problem unless perhaps I prehotted my tanks on accident before a pull. if they run in and the boss is ranged, it will shoot me first until the tank is hit. so if you are running into this kind of trouble, your tanks gotta l2p

nope. the only advice is L2p. because honestly, as a sawbones healer, I've never run into this problem unless perhaps I prehotted my tanks on accident before a pull. if they run in and the boss is ranged, it will shoot me first until the tank is hit. so if you are running into this kind of trouble, your tanks gotta l2p

Not just the tank, but the DPS as well.

The tank should try to grab aggro on a bunch of stuff, including the highest hp mobs. The DPS should eliminate the mobs the tank doesn't grab first, then eliminate mobs on the tank in a way that makes the fight easy as fast as possible (usually means killing the lower hp stuff first). And both DPS and tank should keep an eye out of for mobs targeting the healer and prioritize dealing with those.

a big DUH...to the last 2 posters.

You really think, i would come here, if it was that easy?

This complaint was posted by me, only after i had same issue, in multiple HM's over 4 days.

We had good tanks, and still as described, what happened, is what i described.

i ask for help, and typical, i get the same old bs, "ltp". thanks for contributing.