Confused about TOR place within the SW canon.

NobleSpec

Now it's official that SWTOR and all of the TOR games are part of the "legends" group like many other stories.

In my opinion this is really irrelevant because this storyline takes place way before the movies, nothing will affect it.

But it just makes my head turn when they didn't come out and say it was canon because of a couple of reasons.

They stated SWTCW animated series was Canon. And in this series I can recall a moment when Pre Vizsla (if I spelled it right) tell Kenobi that he acquired his black light saber blade when " His ancestors raided the temple during the Fall of the Old Republic" . I was wondering if this was a reference to the Sacking of Coruscant, or another event I missed or we haven't seen yet in TOR.

Another one, is probably Just a hunch, but there was a quick (a very quick) tease on TCW where you can see the helmet of Casus Fett sitting on a shelf during one of the episodes. You can find that one on YouTube.

And finally this one is more direct. They stated that Darth Bane and Darth Plageus (spelling again) are canon characters created by Lucas. No clue if the novels about Darth Bane are canon but there is a little segment in the first book in the Darth Bane trilogy where he mentions and describes Darth Revan and his conquest.

I may just be over thinking it. But what do y'all think about these references?

I think that they are formally stating that as few things are canon as possible to keep their writing options as open as possible. While it's not canon until it's referenced in the new stuff, it's not non-canon until they contradict it. That being said, I'm not sure why they felt they had to make Kotor legendary since it really has very little to do with the 'modern' timeline/history and is lore that's still in use, unless it's that they only wanted to confirm what they had to for the current projects.