New class changes 2.10

Neoforcer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat

Opportune Attack now triggers 50/100 percent of the time when Ataru Form deals damage

Hand of Justice now triggers 33/67/100 percent of the time when Ataru Form deals damage. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

Lovely Jubbly!!

Ehh true. Although if they want to reduce RNG on it I think the best way for them to fix this would be to make it so you need two ataru form hits or something along those lines for it to reset. That would stop it from resetting on the leap and reduce the RNG.

Slaughter not proccing while gore isn't on cooldown would be nice at 100% proc chance.

No you have it wrong mate currently you get 2 stack and one one from set bonus. See here tell me were is says 2 stack from hitting reckless only it says in combo of the talent Electric Ambush

Electric Ambush now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Static Charge when Recklessness is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Recklessness upon exiting combat.

Ok, now I'm 100% certain that you don't understand whats going on in those notes and that you have no idea how to play your own damn class. Please log into your toon and look up the difference between your static charge stacks and your recklessness stacks.

No you have it wrong mate currently you get 2 stack and one one from set bonus. See here tell me were is says 2 stack from hitting reckless only it says in combo of the talent Electric Ambush

Electric Ambush now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Static Charge when Recklessness is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Recklessness upon exiting combat.

You are confusing Recklessness charges with Static Charges.

Recklessness charges are those things that give you increased crit chance;

Static Charges are those things that give Discharge damage.

Right now, when you hit Recklessness, two things happen:

1) You gain 2 (3 with set bonus) charges of Recklessness that increases the crit chance of your next two force attacks by 60%

2) You gain 3 static charges. Each static charge increases the damage of Discharge.

After this change, you will only get 2 static charges, leading to Discharge doing significantly less damage or requiring you to wait until you proc 3.

Edited by Master-Nala

Slaughter not proccing while gore isn't on cooldown would be nice at 100% proc chance.

I don't think that is necessary, no other spec that has or had RNG procs has ever needed something like that. The problem with carnage is that both its procs stem from ataru procs and ataru can proc off of almost every single ability a carnage marauder uses.

A better solution would be either something like what Cellperfect suggested, or making it so ataru form no longer procs off of every melee attack.

I don't think that is necessary, no other spec that has or had RNG procs has ever needed something like that. The problem with carnage is that both its procs stem from ataru procs and ataru can proc off of almost every single ability a carnage marauder uses.

A better solution would be either something like what Cellperfect suggested, or making it so ataru form no longer procs off of every melee attack.

I think he was agreeing with me there actually.

Just barely learned about these changes coming up in 2.10 LAWL...

So essentially, marauder has Carnage spec dumbed down a bit and de-cluttered (which should be free), and agents get a damage buff? Where's the damage/survival buff for marauders? My carnage marauder will see virtually NO change in 2.10 considering the way I've been speccing/playing him since 2.0... And who cares about dot specs? Anyone that's anyone play DOT specs in a match they q'd to win?! Gawwwd.

11% redux on probe dmg for a 12 SECOND cool down time reduction?... Sounds more like its a typo and it should be 22% dmg reduction? Someone confirm? Again, this is a near 50% cool down time reduction for an 11% dmg reduction?... And agents right now "suffer" in the defensive dept... And players cry for defensive buffs?

This is a massive buff. Both practically and mathematically :eek:

Off topic, but rlly on topic: It's clear now that BIOWARE has reps spreaded out thru the servers playing amongst us, or groupies/slaves/minions who collect data and report... No doubt.

Edited by Seengularity

As a sorc healer main, the QQ about the sorc healer changes not being enough amuses me. I find them at least worth testing, and potentially hilarious (in a "make them pay" kind of way).

As a corruption (technically bubblestun hybrid--though I have more points in corruption so I won't display as 'skank' for arena matchmaking purposes) sorc, I spend a lot of time stunned and whitebarred. Polarity shift is quite helpful with whitebar as then the only counterplay is burst--and I usually run with a tank for that. Even if I'm electronetted in such a situation I pop my adrenal, call it out for the tank, and electronet, while still sometimes effective, is actually less than an automatic death.

The issue with polarity shift not being enough for viability was strictly a matter of its cooldown. Now if I return to pure heal spec I can reset its cooldown to effectively be a minute or even slightly less on average. With as much time as I spend whitebarred (and remember we get 2 stunbreaks), I see some very good potential for that to be a game-changer.

The change to corrupted speed is also potentially interesting. I'm curious to know what the exact magnitude of the "Hindered" effect will be. A self-centerd AOE slow on 20 second cooldown might actually give us some ability to "make them pay for trying to kill us" and increase the effectiveness of repositioning to a tolerable level.

True that Force management isn't getting buffed, but I spend enough time evading and playing cat and mouse with 3 enemy dps (thereby diverting their attention) in warzones that I can regenerate some while "on the run." While not ideal, I have acclimated myself to Force management as is.

I for one will at least reserve the QQ until the practical effects of these class changes can be known. Of course those of us who are not good at cooldown management and/or expect to turret heal without worrying about resource will find these changes "not enough." But I do see potential in these buffs for those of us who have endured sorc healing through the most painful of times; we're so used to being at the bottom of the heap that we can take any buff and run with it.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

The only way this 'buff' to healing sorcs might make some difference is if the 'Hindered' effect also locked out any sort of leap/gap closer targeted on us as well. If it is just a snare and every melee can just loleap/force speed/hold the line/etc right after us anyhow it is pretty much worthless.

The only way this 'buff' to healing sorcs might make some difference is if the 'Hindered' effect also locked out any sort of leap/gap closer targeted on us as well. If it is just a snare and every melee can just loleap/force speed/hold the line/etc right after us anyhow it is pretty much worthless.

They said the hindered effect is the same as mando electronet (without the damage).

I think this is basically it for deception, madness or so some madness heavy hybrid with low slash now clearly will out perform deception in its classical pvp setting. Thanks QQers well done.

but yeah operatives are kings of stealth burst again :p

combat will no be boring has hell, maybe i should start playing smash then.

I think this is basically it for deception, madness or so some madness heavy hybrid with low slash now clearly will out perform deception in its classical pvp setting. Thanks QQers well done.

Combat will be great again. Nothing is more boring than spamming a key over and over again praying for a 30% proc. **** that ****. I'll take reliability over BS rng.

All i see is that mercs and commandos will still be excluded from all forms of ranked pvp, as per biowares design.

Go into yolo que and most people are bads but get a merc on your team and you know it's a loss even before it begins :mad:

Now they give the only thing unique to those classes to sorcs. They want to give them the ability to escape. So now commandos and mercs are the only ones without the true ability to escape. Don't even mention HO, it's too easy to negate.

All i see is that mercs and commandos will still be excluded from all forms of ranked pvp, as per biowares design.

Go into yolo que and most people are bads but get a merc on your team and you know it's a loss even before it begins :mad:

Nhilas disagrees with you as he is the best group ranked commando healer on the server. You mentioned all forms of ranked which includes grouped ranked as well, hence my rebuttal to your argument. In yolo you are correct, mandos are not the best. However, who needs mandos in yolo when you have 4 juggs or 2 juggs, 2 powertechs? No need for heals!

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I don't think it'll be boring persay it'll still be a bit of work to time things correctly while you're not stunned etcetc

I don't understand some of the people that qq about this buff making it better 1v1 since tbh it really doesn't majority of its dmg is still in a window which any smart player will stun through. Its not like we're getting unstoppable its just reverting it back to more like pre 2.0 i guess.

Edited by AngusFTW