Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nice trick with withholding 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Nice trick with withholding 1.2

WildbloodX
03.13.2012 , 11:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Now, Explain why Diablo 3 isnt out. Is it to sell WoW subscriptions?
Because people know Blizz can take their time and release a game that had most content people expect. I would not say BW as proven this IMO, so people want it ASAP to have access to the content they expected in release.

MaulIsGod
03.13.2012 , 11:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by rawhead_wrecker View Post
And if they'd released it alraady with any bugs at all you'd be complaining....

1.2 is a huge step forwards in a game that's still in it's infancy, to suggest that they've held 1.2 back to string people along and get them to re-sub is just tin-foil hat talk.
/agree
If I'm not back in 5 minutes - - - - Just wait Longer.

Tarbacca
03.13.2012 , 11:47 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by WildbloodX View Post
Because people know Blizz can take their time and release a game that had most content people expect. I would not say BW as proven this IMO, so people want it ASAP to have access to the content they expected in release.
Lol. D3 is going to be garbage, thats why they give it for practically free if you do the annual sub for WoW.

texasfanboy
03.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarbacca View Post
Yea, they're adding so much content that it could practically be an expansion. I dont see how they expect them to add new WZ's, new color crystals, add a ton of other stuff, in the amount of 3 and a half months.
Most MMOs have several patches worth of additional content in the pipeline prior to launch. That's not what's taking so long.

This is also a major class-balancing patch. This is what's causing the delay. It's much better to get this done right the first time than spend another two months patching weekly trying to get the classes in line.

Holden_Dissent
03.13.2012 , 11:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
They dont care if you resub.

It comes out when its ready.

Now, Explain why Diablo 3 isnt out. Is it to sell WoW subscriptions?
They are releasing Diablo 3 without PvP to get it out there early (but still late). I think they're shooting themselves in the foot.

texasfanboy
03.13.2012 , 11:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarbacca View Post
Lol. D3 is going to be garbage, thats why they give it for practically free if you do the annual sub for WoW.
Actually, it's the other way around. That promotion was added right as the game hit it's pre-expansion dead zone. We won't see new content in WoW until November. People are goign to get restless because Dragon Soul isn't good enough to hold people's interest for a full year. As a result, they came up with this promotion to discourage us from cancelling our subs during the dead period.

It worked amazingly well.

Azzras
03.13.2012 , 12:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Holden_Dissent View Post
They are releasing Diablo 3 without PvP to get it out there early (but still late). I think they're shooting themselves in the foot.
What's amazing is they developed WoW in less time than it's taking for D3 to come out.

(And it will not live up to the hype and bomb)
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Pagy
03.13.2012 , 12:02 PM | #18
my account expires march 30

if 1.2 isn't out by then, i'll have no reason to renew and i won't be looking back. i'm not going to pay for another month to see if 1.2 is worth my time or not.

it's too bad; it seems they have the cycles and resources to support the game, they just pick the wrong stuff to tinker with.

instead of adding content they should have been fixing the glaring bugs and massive class imbalances.

i was in a warzone last night with 7 inquisitors and 6 consulars.

this game is beyond saving at this point.

uziforyou
03.13.2012 , 12:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by rawhead_wrecker View Post
And if they'd released it alraady with any bugs at all you'd be complaining....

1.2 is a huge step forwards in a game that's still in it's infancy, to suggest that they've held 1.2 back to string people along and get them to re-sub is just tin-foil hat talk.
Lol, tin foil hat talk.....so true. There certainly aren't a lack of conspiricy theorists in these forums where Bioware has some sinister purpose behind everything they do, or don't do.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

WildbloodX
03.13.2012 , 12:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzras View Post
(And it will not live up to the hype and bomb)
ooh I doubt that, D3 will be awesome, I just don't know how I am goind to find the time to play it and TOR!!!>>? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!