Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future of Swtor


Baizak's Avatar


Baizak
01.02.2012 , 04:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitiatix View Post
What do I think? Well, I know Blizzard has been renowned for communicating and listening to their players on a daily basis since launch.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
Sounds about right.

I'm going for APB fate however.

Bioware staff get fired by EA, Bioware goes bankrupt.

hmmm...http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net...31/351/eb6.jpg
Proud Member of <The Meat Bags> on the Corellian Run Server
Mains: Mistai and Baltimore

Jamus_Divinus's Avatar


Jamus_Divinus
01.02.2012 , 04:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Goonin View Post
The Future of Star Wars The Old Republic


1. The Free Month ends, the subscription base of players drops by 1/3

2. Only the naive people still playing the game realize that its broken, unfair and unplayable (see: bugs, GM's unfairly banning, ect.) Subscription numbers begin to decrease faster and faster.

3. The player base is now under 50k, Not enough players to keep the game running

4. The game goes Free to Play, bringing back all the old players.

and finally

5. SWTOR enters the MMO graveyard along with Warhammer, Age of Conan, Rift, SWG, ect. and is completely forgotten once GW2 is released.
You are a few midichlorians short of a force sensitive

Disagree with all 5 points. Guess that makes me naive. I can live with that
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
1,000,000,000+ Mounts:262/270 Pets:225/241
Achievement points:44250 Ships mastered: 24/24

MBirdy's Avatar


MBirdy
01.02.2012 , 04:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jestertron View Post
no they do listen. I got hacked twice and I got my account taken care of. That is good customer service.
Thats not listening to development ideas... thats something every damn company would do, and how is that "listen from day 1" the mass hackings didnt occur til a year or 2 into its life.

again, talking rubbish... but ive come to expect it off mmo forumers.

Goonin's Avatar


Goonin
01.02.2012 , 04:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Blacktailstalker View Post
And there you go, seems your a wow fanboy lol. All the things you mentioned was in one form or another at vanilla wow too. I think swtor delivered a better game at launch then wow did.


I am so tired of this argument, THIS IS NOT A VALID RESPONSE.
The reason WoW is justified in having these problems at launch is because they were the FIRST ONES TO ENCOUNTER THEM. Nobody had made and MMO of that size before and nobody had to deal with what they dealt with.

SWTOR came out much much later, THEY WERE ALREADY AWARE OF POSSIBLE ISSUES AND BUGS BECAUSE ITS HAPPENED TO GAMES BEFORE. There is no excuse for them not to have fixed them before launch.

I want you to imagine World of Warcraft and SWTOR are two separate boats. Yes, Boats.

When World of Warcraft first hit the water, it was the first boat of that size to ever sail, obviously there was going to be unforseen issues, SINCE NOBODY HAS SAILED IT BEFORE.

SWTOR is a boat that hit the sea more then 4 years after World of Warcraft, THEY WERE ALREADY AWARE OF HOW BIG BOATS ARE SUPPOSED TO SAIL, AND YET THEY IGNORED IT COMPLETELY.

Do you understand? They had precedents they could have looked to, but yet they decided to hide behind their "OH ITS INNOVATIVE GROUND BREAKING GAMEPLAY" argument instead of giving the players what they want and making a stable game.

/mad

Jxspyder's Avatar


Jxspyder
01.02.2012 , 04:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PsYcHoSeAn View Post
You're not having faith, you're a fanboy.

Not a single sane person would release a game in the state that SWToR currently is.

For example look at PvP.
Level 11 and level 50 players in the same Bg.
REALLY? How drunk do you have to be, to implement it like that?

Oh, yeah, i forgot, the buff you get...
Gives the level 11 a nice 10k hp buff and lets him do some more damage.
But a lvl 50 with his 15k+ hp can still go afk and drink a cup of coffee, come back and just 3-shot-the lvl 11 without having the fear to die...

Or the auction house.
Yeah, i can search for heavy armor, but when i only need a helmet i have to look through 20 pages of heavy armor just to realize, that not a single helmet is on sale right now...

And i'm not even starting about the bugged companion bars, my broken BH Quest (or should i say my multiple bugged BH quests, since you have to download the english client cause all the other languages have major bugs in it which make it impossible for you to proceed) , the broken flashpoints and the ridiculous useless Ilum, where friend and enemy don't care about each other, cause killing people doesn't give anything useful but flagging towers gives...

Long story short:
Having faith is useless.
Money won. They wanted to release it for christmas so they get the most possible number of people to buy it...but now they don't care at all about those players. The bad reputation will go away once theyll release Miltiary Shooter #4 and Single Player RPG #18....each with their own fanboy-base...
Odd how not a single sane person would launch a game in the state of TOR, yet the state of TOR at launch is significantly superior to the state of WoW, WAR, Aion, DCOU, Rift, SWG, oh and WoW were at launch. Apparently the MMO genre as a whole is ripe with lack of sanity.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

Jxspyder's Avatar


Jxspyder
01.02.2012 , 04:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Finaly View Post
SWG started to really die with the "new gaming experience"
Well before, actually. But keep pretending.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

MBirdy's Avatar


MBirdy
01.02.2012 , 04:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Goonin View Post


I am so tired of this argument, THIS IS NOT A VALID RESPONSE.
The reason WoW is justified in having these problems at launch is because they were the FIRST ONES TO ENCOUNTER THEM. Nobody had made and MMO of that size before and nobody had to deal with what they dealt with.

SWTOR came out much much later, THEY WERE ALREADY AWARE OF POSSIBLE ISSUES AND BUGS BECAUSE ITS HAPPENED TO GAMES BEFORE. There is no excuse for them not to have fixed them before launch.

I want you to imagine World of Warcraft and SWTOR are two separate boats. Yes, Boats.

When World of Warcraft first hit the water, it was the first boat of that size to ever sail, obviously there was going to be unforseen issues, SINCE NOBODY HAS SAILED IT BEFORE.

SWTOR is a boat that hit the sea more then 4 years after World of Warcraft, THEY WERE ALREADY AWARE OF HOW BIG BOATS ARE SUPPOSED TO SAIL, AND YET THEY IGNORED IT COMPLETELY.

Do you understand? They had precedents they could have looked to, but yet they decided to hide behind their "OH ITS INNOVATIVE GROUND BREAKING GAMEPLAY" argument instead of giving the players what they want and making a stable game.

/mad

I lol'd ..... "as big as WoW" are you kidding? EQ and FF11 were equally as big if not bigger at launch.

And if you think bugs are related to "history of OTHER games" your sadly mistaken and should stop talking about technical details that you clearly dont understand.

knightblaster's Avatar


knightblaster
01.02.2012 , 04:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jxspyder View Post
Apparently the MMO genre as a whole is ripe with lack of sanity.
The MMO genre as a whole is a catalog of failure. It's most;y a poor genre, really. Only one game in it is very popular, and the rest generally have small playerbases full of fanboys. As originally implemented, MMOs really appealed to only a small number of players relative to gaming as a whole. And that hasn't changed, other than one game. What has changed is that a lot of money is being spent on games that have a small appeal.

Nyliana's Avatar


Nyliana
01.02.2012 , 04:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Goonin View Post


I am so tired of this argument, THIS IS NOT A VALID RESPONSE.
The reason WoW is justified in having these problems at launch is because they were the FIRST ONES TO ENCOUNTER THEM. Nobody had made and MMO of that size before and nobody had to deal with what they dealt with.

SWTOR came out much much later, THEY WERE ALREADY AWARE OF POSSIBLE ISSUES AND BUGS BECAUSE ITS HAPPENED TO GAMES BEFORE. There is no excuse for them not to have fixed them before launch.

I want you to imagine World of Warcraft and SWTOR are two separate boats. Yes, Boats.

When World of Warcraft first hit the water, it was the first boat of that size to ever sail, obviously there was going to be unforseen issues, SINCE NOBODY HAS SAILED IT BEFORE.

SWTOR is a boat that hit the sea more then 4 years after World of Warcraft, THEY WERE ALREADY AWARE OF HOW BIG BOATS ARE SUPPOSED TO SAIL, AND YET THEN IGNORED IT COMPLETELY.

/mad

And how would Bioware and EA learn from blizzard's mistakes?

BW:
"Hey blizzard, remember when you were having that problem with looting that made you game unplayable LOL? How did you fix that broham?"

BLIZZ
"Good times brohamster, here let me teach you how to make the perfect MMO launch..."

Ninja please.

Some issues you can't reproduce except in production.

Your argument only makes sense for a second MMO from the same developer. If Diablo III came out and you couldn't undo spent points or respec in some format like you couldn't when diablo II launch, I would give you full rights to /mad

Give the game a bloody chance.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị:ị:▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
Achaea UO EQ DaoC SB EvE PS AO AC2 SWG WoW COH WAR Aion Rift RoM TOR

DarkZenith's Avatar


DarkZenith
01.02.2012 , 04:30 PM | #30
Notice how all these doom and gloom posts are made by those who joined in December? Hilarious.