Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

twinkiefatsack
12.01.2017 , 07:46 PM | #191
Roll back the servers and remove anything and everything. People will be pissed, but oh well. This is beyond game breaking. There isnt even a point to credits at this point. I'd even be fine with just removing credits all together and starting from scratch. There are only so many things that they can do to completely fix this issue.

ZETA_SCORPII
12.14.2017 , 03:05 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by twinkiefatsack View Post
Roll back the servers and remove anything and everything. People will be pissed, but oh well. This is beyond game breaking. There isnt even a point to credits at this point. I'd even be fine with just removing credits all together and starting from scratch. There are only so many things that they can do to completely fix this issue.
This is the dumbest thing I've read on the internet today. Congratulations bub!

Tharandil
12.15.2017 , 09:11 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by WaveRun View Post
Can you please address the latest exploits with companion gifts and deflated gtn prices due to it
The bug has since been fixed by the latest patch. The companion gift vendor on the imperial fleet sold gifts for a fraction of the original price. If you would buy them in large quantities and resold them back to the vendor you could make a big profit. Some people have made billions of credits this way.

Bioware is trying to punish these people by analyzing data and follow the credits. Unfortunately many people knew of this exploit and tried to hide their wrongdoings.
We'll have to see what Bioware's answer will be and if they truly will be able to come up with a justified punishment.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Bladeofhonour
12.19.2017 , 07:43 AM | #194
Pheww.. Now i am glad, that all the boosts are intended dbl EXP/CP + free huge EP boosts from quests.

SubterraL
12.20.2017 , 07:35 PM | #195
My money's on bioware letting these *********** get away with it like they always do.

MaximusAetius
12.27.2017 , 04:01 AM | #196
I'm genuinely surprised people still find exploits in this game lol
Love the game? New? Be sure to use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/4CKd7j we will both gain benefits and even greater benefits if you subscribe.

Theeko
01.15.2018 , 07:55 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusAetius View Post
I'm genuinely surprised people still find exploits in this game lol
I'm surprised they find them in newer MMO's tbh

Savyl
01.23.2018 , 07:01 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we move towards the expansion launch, I wanted to post a reminder about our exploit policy and to talk about how it will work with Galactic Command. First, a general reminder on what to do if you think you have discovered an exploit:
  • Discontinue the questionable action immediately.
  • Send a private message to myself or Tait Watson on the forums with any and all details you have on the issue. Do not make a public post with this information.
  • Submit an in-game bug report.
  • If you happen to hear about a possible exploit, do not test it yourself. This can leave you open to action being taken against your account.
With those reminders in place, let's talk about Galactic Command and specifically Command Experience Points (CXP). When you reach level 70, most activities in the game will reward you with CXP, which will earn you Command Ranks and subsequently Command Crates. Since Command Crates are your source of end-game gear we are going to be extra diligent and harsh on exploits relating to CXP. As a reminder, an exploit is using the game in an unintended manner to gain an advantage, typically through the use of a bug or subversion of game mechanics.

If anyone is discovered to have abused an exploit related to CXP we intend to take severe action, including:
  • Resetting that character(s) Command Rank to 1
  • Stripping all gear/items earned from Galactic Command
  • Standard ToS action up to and including permanent ban
Again, if you discover an exploit, please refrain from using it and report it to us privately as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!

-eric
I hate to sound ignorant, but can you please clarify exactly what an exploit is. I've grouped with players who take shortcuts to bosses instead of fighting their way through the mobs like on A Traitor Amoung the Chiss or other flashpoints.. usually involved jumping, getting a stealth to run through to next save location and then everyone dying to spawn at nearest location to boss, etc. Then there is this LOS.. line of sight that people do. Is this considered an exploit or not? I'm asking this question here because it's so common and I think we as players all need to know if this is allowed or not. Exploit rules need to be more specific and cover just about any possible scenario. We need clarity and examples. Most new players have no idea what an exploit is so they just basically follow the group.

Thanks.

Tsillah
01.23.2018 , 08:56 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by krisknife View Post
i dunno. guess it depends on your server, back in the day I was always annoyed having to clear my mail box of at least a dozen different gold farmers selling money and their 1 credit attached(before f2P). Would get them throughout game play always assumed it was spam, not a GTN sale like now. These days I get maybe one once a week from the same freaking seller over and over, everytime I get mail i know I made a sale at GTN, quite the difference for me. Truth be told we had loads more people back in the day, and with more people come more farmers, when people go farmers go.
Are you sure you don't have your time lines mixed up? I remember the 1 credit messages but those came well after F2P had been introduced.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Tolkyyn
01.23.2018 , 09:37 AM | #200
An exploit is an unintentional (by devs) way you can get extra of something, like credits or xp/cxp. Here is an example. Recently on fleet one of the vendors was selling the Cultural and Imperial Memorabilia companion gifts for 1/10th of their normal sale price. However, they would buy them back for the same price. If you bought them for gifts, fine, they didn't mind too much, but if you bought them and resold them back to vendor, you made tons of credits and they threatened to shut your account down.