Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's not you, It's me: Why I cancelled

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
It's not you, It's me: Why I cancelled

Armidian
03.13.2012 , 12:14 PM | #1
I have been playing MMO's since Ultima Online. UO, Eve, SWG, Warhammer, and WOW I played for years. I was a hardcore raider, a FC, a guild leader, and i am a Star Wars and Bioware fan boy.

I have been anticipating SWTOR's release for years up until December. I recruited friends into following it and eventually buying it. I played the beta and loved it. I bought the collector's edition. I took a character to 50 and few other to thier 30-40s. I joined my servers top raiding guild and cleared EV with them. Bioware was right, story changed the genre in a positive way. This was the game I was "waiting" for after I left WOW. Having said that SWTOR lived up to my expectations and more.

Now having said that, after the first couple months I have gradually stopped playing and focusing back on other games I enjoyed before SWTOR (Moba's, shooters etc). I felt like a lot of people in saying, I was tired of playing WOW and wanted something new that was just as good if not better. Well I got that and after playing it i have realized i don't find the genre fun anymore. All the reasons I look back fondly on WOW and the other mmo's I have played are here, i just don't feel them anymore because I have already raided great content, participated in massive world pvp, and made boat loads of IGC playing the market. Bioware it's not you, it's me.

Good luck folks.

Eillack
03.13.2012 , 12:18 PM | #2
I can has your stuff?

Overlord_Baal
03.13.2012 , 12:18 PM | #3
It's very nice to see someone unsubscribe that isn't raving. I'm not sure if this was your intent but your post almost had a positive air to it.
The Eldrazi Legacy
Laharl Level 50 Marauder - Damage
Kozilek Level 50 Operative - Medic
Ke'al Level 37 Sage - Damage

Deirhese
03.13.2012 , 12:19 PM | #4
Have a good one.

Armidian
03.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #5
I men't it to be positive and i'm sure there are plenty of you guys who absolutely love it (and I feel like i should be right there with you). SWTOR is my last MMO.

Synystar
03.13.2012 , 12:28 PM | #6
I agree 100% with you, except for i pretty much skipped wow, as i knew it was linear and attract the new MMO kiddie, i'm sick of it. This just is another linear MMO that i cannot stand, and i'm a big star wars fan; so i'd figured i'd try it to 50, but it ended up being the same old boring Kill x mobs, PvP till your eyes bleed.. you become absolutely sick of the game.
A game i'd love to see again was star wars galaxies, I didn't feel a push to level, as there was none, i'd like a SWG2 sandbox to play in. I hated the game when they attempted to break down all the professions in the NGE, thats when i quit for wow, stayed in wow for a month and realised that linear was not the way to go... that brought me here, hoping that the starwars genre would keep me entertained... i was wrong.
I like a open world where you can be social with other players, instead of getting crapped on when you ask a stupid question, or even called a troll. And i'm sorry, but one-click and forget crafting... just brought simplicity to a new level.
-People already asking for a server merge is not a good sign, and a game that costed so much money, already beginning to fail. Also opening free weekends and friend trials is another hint that they are not getting the subs they hoped for. Once developers get there head out of the hole, maybe, just maybe i can get into a MMO an ADULT can play, with players that are themselves, Kind and compassionate.
On a closing note, i'm sorry to the ones who do like this, i do like the starwars aspect and i can't put everyone down, as this game could be good for others. It is well done in the sense of a linear game, and i've gotta say that i have met some good players that i still talk to... not many but some
-1 sub, i'll be on this board to see updates and play for the sub i paid for, then get out of your hair bioware.
Tan'er of Tarquinas; Miss you SWG-pre!

Averran
03.13.2012 , 01:00 PM | #7
Hello everyone,

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, but will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. We encourage you to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like and wish you the best.