Hybrids

Monterone

Love them... have played many different ones since launch and in beta, although much less so in beta. Lightning/Madness and Corruption/Lightning, Immortal/Vengeance, Darkness/Madness and Darkness/Deception, Shield Tech/AP, Medicine/Lethality etc... all of these were fun at one point, some still are...

However, it seems to me BW is against them and always trying to remove their viability, often at the cost of ruining full trees, and sometimes, indirectly, the shared trees as well.

Instead of creating a patchwork of interconnected talents within trees, why not just code this one simple thing:

- Requires acquiring the 36 point talent for full effect.

This can now be added to any talent that becomes questionable, and does not require creating links between multiple talents.

Wouldn't this be easier? Although problematic while picking up talents while leveling up. How would that be overcome, max level only?

Just a thought, looking for a discussion while baking the idea. :p

Edited by Monterone

Or make full trees actually better.;)

That would be ideal. We can still hope for that 2.5 years later, right? :)

And I agree, it complicates leveling but I find leveling way too easy in this game. End game is really all it's about. How many times has a tree been ruined because a talent got changed, that created an op hybrid and then something else got nerfed as a result and unnecessarily so. Nerfing a shared tree now also kills the other tree, where there was no issue to begin with.

Just frustrated thinking about all the things that were removed that really did not have to be. :)

Edited by Monterone

I say we go crazy instead by turning hybrid into the standard. You want to be a sorc with TB, creeping terror and a bunch of healing abilities? Knock yourself out.

Allow people to put their points wherever they like in the trees, with no regards to how many points they've previously placed. Full smash tank? You got it. This would add depth to the game :)

What if it did not go into effect until you hit 55 or whatever the max level is?

Who cares if people have fun with hybrids in the lowbies? Try whatever you like... spec any way you like, learn all the talents and what they do. But once you get to 55, certain talents only work if you spec full tree.

Is that terrible? I agree, it could be, but it could also resolve many issue that have plagued end game.

Make the capstone skill worth a damn. It's all going to change with 60 anyway. No need to balance it now. That is assuming we will get more skill points. Given 5 more points, you will have capstone abilities plus the first 3rd tier abilities to balance. It's gonna be hybrids gone wild!! Edited by StrikePrice

I say we go crazy instead by turning hybrid into the standard. You want to be a sorc with TB, creeping terror and a bunch of healing abilities? Knock yourself out.

Allow people to put their points wherever they like in the trees, with no regards to how many points they've previously placed. Full smash tank? You got it. This would add depth to the game :)

This....would actually be really really dope. My two main qualms with this game are that the global cooldown is so freaking long I feel like 80% of the button mashing I do is in the space between global cooldowns, and that the spec combinations are so boring. There is almost no strategy to this game when it comes to specialization and A decent rotation takes about 6 minutes to learn and 12 minutes with the dummy to master. I am definitely is support of free skill point assignment.

Oh wait but pve durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ......................................

Edited by Aristore