Plz bioware

Spaceozone

Actually, I don't know a single person who likes this wz. Most of my guildmates just leave instantly. It's horrible. Rishi arena is badly designed too. Funny how bioware were proud "we made 2 pvp maps, we care!".

I know a lot of people who think it's fine... in any case, it hard to imagine this player actually bothered checking before making this highly intelligent post.

It would be nice if they actually brought the 'reward' for bothering to play this awful map inline with the others. 80coms for a win is either STILL broken or new standard.

Once players bother to read the tool tips, the map isn't too difficult to grasp - but this game has a player base who get confused by 'pass the huttball' or 'watch the door and call inc early' - so throwing a map like Odesson at them, must send them into a frenzy before returning to the cantina and staring at the bright colours

I think that Pugs find this map very difficult to co-ordinate in.

With the others, the incs are pretty clear cut, but the random nature of the node spawn and power-ups make it near impossible to co-ordinate 8 strangers. Maybe it's my home server, but a pug group who were calling incs in one WZ get OPG the next and ops chat suddenly goes completely dead.

Besides, I reckon most pugs just run around to the biggest groups and spam AoEs to rack up big numbers on the board, take their credits and comms and move along.

Even our pre-mades with a plan can get in a tangle sometimes. - Getting the wrong power-up or covering the one node that doesn't spawn.

I really don't like the arena format, but Rishi is the one I hate the most.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Bioware, can you delete the odessen warzone please.

Thanks from all pvp players :D

I actually really like the Odesson Map. It's really not that bad once you learn how to properly play the mode. Sure communication is kind of a problem, considering people just like to go mute. But, there are occasionally games where people do talk in the chat. (whether they're just calling out or directing the team or w/e). It was confusing for me at first, but I didn't dislike the map.

i actually like this map, but if with a team that knows how it works, there is no mistery. The worst are people with red buff with them, coming to their teams zones and thinking: "I'm iz gonna of halpz, i uses red buff here." and the zone ends, some people even quit the wz after witnessing this. hahahahahahahahaahaa

and the rishi arena i like very much, nice addition.

This wz is not hard at all or anything. Its just plain boring and wrong cuz no pvp is involved. You can win without pvping. Its get buff, stay in a box wz where sorcs with their knockback and roots are even more annoying. Same Merc can rekt melee whos standing in bloody box trying "objective".

I see a lot of ppl just running around avoiding any confrontation. How is this fun?

I just do solo hunt a lot or facetank enemy node when there is 6 of them trying "objective"

Only way this wz is ok is when its competitive with fighting for buffs and nodes but that dont happen often.

/ranked 8v8 pls then

Actually, I don't know a single person who likes this wz. Most of my guildmates just leave instantly. It's horrible. Rishi arena is badly designed too. Funny how bioware were proud "we made 2 pvp maps, we care!".

odessen is a good idea though. it's a different kind of objective oriented map. the problem with it is that the rounds are relatively short, so even if you know where you need to go, by the time you get there, half of the nod charge has already been used up. it's also extremely frustrating to have to stand in that one box. as a mostly ranged player, my entire game is based around making separation, but if I need to keep my feet in the box all the time, then it's a huge advantage to the melee and the sniper (who is basically designed to control a space). finally, it's the WZ that most requires coordination. but it also seems to have the most pugs (nature of x-faction I guess). well...you see that problem, right? oh. and the learning curve is steeper than most WZs. nothing like seeing a teammate turn off your node with the red buff. or have someone stand on a node you control the whole rnd with the green buff on his hands.

odessen is a good idea though. it's a different kind of objective oriented map. the problem with it is that the rounds are relatively short, so even if you know where you need to go, by the time you get there, half of the nod charge has already been used up. it's also extremely frustrating to have to stand in that one box. as a mostly ranged player, my entire game is based around making separation, but if I need to keep my feet in the box all the time, then it's a huge advantage to the melee and the sniper (who is basically designed to control a space). finally, it's the WZ that most requires coordination. but it also seems to have the most pugs (nature of x-faction I guess). well...you see that problem, right? oh. and the learning curve is steeper than most WZs. nothing like seeing a teammate turn off your node with the red buff. or have someone stand on a node you control the whole rnd with the green buff on his hands.

A lot of people zombie play the map. They follow others around and stay in a capped node for objective points until it ends.

I do disagree that ranged have a disadvantage, they can burst people down while they approach the node, or pop them from the outside if they want to cap it while melee has to stay in.

This is my favorite warzone map!

yes you can win it without any real pvping, but if that's what you want go play ranked. This is a warzone, you play for objectives not kills. At least thats what i think biowares intent of warzones was supposed to be. But you play however you want, no one's stopping you. :D

Edited by wiseread

I need to know *** I am supposed to really be doing. I attack random enemies. Sometimes there is a deathmatch in an area and then other times, I just go stand somewhere and we win. Is that whats supposed to happen?

it's a very bad map for random teammates. very bad. it looks like it would be pretty fun if the whole team were in vchat together. of course, I'm sure that if it were an 8v8 ranked map that the skill cap would be so high that they'd find a way to break the map like AHG and Vstar and CW where entire aspects of the game are skipped for one reason or another. that's not accusing ranked players of anything. the maps just don't hold up to higher levels of competitive play. nevertheless, the odessen map would seem to require a higher degree of teamwork than any other map if for no other reason than it's so difficult to move around effectively that you really need to convey your decisions/plans very quickly at the end and beginning of reset periods.

This is my favorite warzone map!

yes you can win it without any real pvping, but if that's what you want go play ranked. This is a warzone, you play for objectives not kills. At least thats what i think biowares intent of warzones was supposed to be. But you play however you want, no one's stopping you. :D

Wouldnt let anyone stop me, dont worry about that :)

You can play both objective and pvp. If I meet a player underneath in Alderaan we almost certainly have 1v1 but in Odessen most people just run away :0 dont know why, id have thought they are scared if i was any good but no.

And btw warzone means zone of war and war is where you fight, no?

And someone who didnt know what to do, check out Snaves Odessen guide video. It will explain everything and you will never struggle again. Its linked somewhere on this forum or just type that in youtube and its there.

Edited by MackPol

I hate it as well. I don't want it deleted, but I wish we could opt out of one WZ at least. That way I also wouldn't have to play Huttball with people who don't want to play it and thus makes it a much more frustrating experience.

But yeah, probably not going to happen. Population and all. "Mah queue times!"

Edited by Luxidenstore

Wouldnt let anyone stop me, dont worry about that :)

You can play both objective and pvp. If I meet a player underneath in Alderaan we almost certainly have 1v1 but in Odessen most people just run away :0 dont know why, id have thought they scared if i was any good but no.

And btw warzone means zone of war and war is where you fight, no?

And someone who didnt know what to do, check out Snaves Odessen guide video. It will explain everything and you will never struggle again. Its linked somewhere on this forum or just type that in youtube and it there.

I'll look up Snaves video on it. I just was already busy trying to figure out other things to where it didn't rate on my priority list.

It's funny. Since it came out, I have randomly logged in and PvPed from time to time on my sniper but I never got it until yesterday. I think it was because I was in mids and it was taking a couple minutes to fill matches at times.

Edited by Technohic