adding fouls in pvp

NakodaTheJedi

we need to add a point loss system in pvp for stun spammers and people who use the rakghoul event virus to infect people during pvp and cheat that way

Ummmm what???

Sorry, but that is either the worst troll attempt ever or just the worst idea ever. I can't make up my mind :o

Using the rakghoul virus sounds unintended and in need of a fix.

As for stun spamming, that is, unfortunately, part of the game. It's a consequence of every class having an easy-to-reach stun on hand.

RL games need fouls because the players can break the conventions of the game and the only thing stopping them is a human referee/official, who is watching closely. Short of exploits (which are not intended) games don't have this problem because the rules are enforced by the technology itself, i.e. the only time players can do something that is against the rules is if it's an exploitation of the technology / use of a loophole, resulting in unintended gameplay. If you're certain something is an exploit, it's usually best to report it through some means and hope it gets fixed.

If you can tell them how to do the exploit (the steps involved) that's even better, though it's generally good practice to avoid doing this where other players can see it, since that will often lead to a rush of exploiting. And of course, though you probably don't need to hear it, if you ever do find an exploit, don't use it a bunch purposefully and then report it later, since that just looks like you were waiting to report it until you tired of taking advantage of it.

If you read the posts on resolve, you can start using stuns to your advantage- and know when and when not to use your breaker(s)

If you buy a plague antidote stim, Rackghoul plague should cease to be a problem. - Or if you're in lows/mids then think about a T.H.O.R.N. relic, which stops it in tis tracks, is legacy bound and cheap to buy (and augment for PvE)

It's just another thing to check before starting to PvP - stims, medpacks, adrenals, class buff everyone, bubble people, guard healers, mark enemies, start your HoTs i.e. : Have a PLAN!

BTW is stuffing the Huttball under your shirt an exploit? :eek:

If you read the posts on resolve, you can start using stuns to your advantage- and know when and when not to use your breaker(s)

If you buy a plague antidote stim, Rackghoul plague should cease to be a problem. - Or if you're in lows/mids then think about a T.H.O.R.N. relic, which stops it in tis tracks, is legacy bound and cheap to buy (and augment for PvE)

It's just another thing to check before starting to PvP - stims, medpacks, adrenals, class buff everyone, bubble people, guard healers, mark enemies, start your HoTs i.e. : Have a PLAN!

BTW is stuffing the Huttball under your shirt an exploit? :eek:

But doesn't this stim go away when you die? This can be a very costly tactic during the event @ 1k every time you die.

Can't remember about the need to re-apply after death....I so rarely come across plague carriers these days.

though if people are dying more than the reward from the WZ, then there's probably something wrong with the way they play.

T.H.O.R.N. relics stop the plague too. - Though you probably can't swap them out during WZ, but you can equip them before accepting the pop.

And wouldn't the plagued player infect his own team too?