Simple Mercenary / Commando PvP fixes for 1.5x

TheNinjaboy

[ * Jet Boost * ] - Provides the Mercenary with 5 seconds of immunity to all charge and negative pull effects after activation. Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds i.e. pre-1.2.

[ * Hired Muscle * ] - Revert to pre-1.2 settings. Now provides 2% critical per point.

[ * Death from Above * ] - Radius increased to 7m. Effect now knocks down enemies instead of knock back.

ARSENAL TREE

[ * Tracer Missle * ] - Reverted back to pre-1.2 damage minus 10%. This is what was stated on 1.2 patch notes.

[ Kolto Vents has been replaced by EMP Shield ] - This is a passive ability that is automatically activated for 10 seconds after the Mercenary is interrupted. Prevents 1 interruption effect. This effect cannot occur more then once every 10 seconds.

[ * Power Barrier * ] - Reverted back to pre-1.2. Reduces damage by 2% for 15 seconds. Stacks 5 times.

Additional abilities need to stack Arsenal debuffs and buffs to encourage more active rotations.

Also I would like for the Developers to be more honest with the players. When you state it's a 10% damage reduction make sure it's 10% and not 40% or 50%.

Post your suggestions here.

I agree with the Hired Muscle change (no reason to nerf it in the first place tbh) and with the DFA change (should go back to 8m like it was before)

Jet boost making us immune to charge/pull for 5s is a bandaid. its not like they can use the charge/pull and nothing happens; your opponent will just wait 5s and leap/pull you.

tracer missile DOES NOT need a damage buff. i can hit with 2.5-3k easily with it still. there was no 50% damage nerf, it was 10%. the QQ on this issue has been legendary, and massively incorrect.

power barrier should be reverted back to the way it was, i agree there.

The issue with Mercs only rears its head when the going gets tough.

In casual PvP, you could argue that Mercs are fine. Its when the ish hits the fan that Mercs just roll over and die.

In these "hit the fan" situations, a bigger DFA or 3% crit is not going to save you. They are good overall upgrades but will really do nothing in the intense, end-game battles that Mercs need help with.

Insta-cast power shot will up our DPS, without it being considered a DPS buff. This will make our kiting significantly more viable due to the increase in damage. It would open so many more tactical options that a minor boost in another stat isn't going to give.

The issue with Mercs only rears its head when the going gets tough.

In casual PvP, you could argue that Mercs are fine. Its when the ish hits the fan that Mercs just roll over and die.

In these "hit the fan" situations, a bigger DFA or 3% crit is not going to save you. They are good overall upgrades but will really do nothing in the intense, end-game battles that Mercs need help with.

Insta-cast power shot will up our DPS, without it being considered a DPS buff. This will make our kiting significantly more viable due to the increase in damage. It would open so many more tactical options that a minor boost in another stat isn't going to give.

hopefully bioware is reading the suggestion in that massive thead of ours, a lot of good ideas like the ones you describe are in there

All I would be happy with, would be a quicker cool down time on Vent Heat, from 2 minutes to 1 min 30 seconds or even better 1 minute. This would solve the only problem I have which is Heat build up.

The Merc the more I master mine, the better he is becoming and is certainly competitive against any other classes, regardless of what some will say. I think understanding the class and tweaking armor with the right augments and using your specials more efficiently is how to manage this difficult class in PVP.

But ultimately, a Vent Heat buff is all I would like to see them do to be honest. I think with a Vent Heat buff I would see my damage go up to around 600-700k with management.

Edited by FatEdd