Need help inventing a guild name

Renok_

Hello everyone!

Back in the day when I was still playing WoW..

I had a couple of guilds I managed with some of my friends.. The problem is.. Comming up with a name is not our cup of tea and since we wanted to make a new guild in this game.. We need some of your help :)

We like short names.. One or two words.. Cool sounding.. :)

Examples:

Legend

The Legend

Stuff like that ;) words with a meaning but just that word and nothing else ;)

Feel free to add any suggestions :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

This might come across as mean but isn’t intended that way.

A guild name is its identity. It should be something that reflects the attitude of the guild and it should be something interesting. Frankly if you can’t come up with the name on your own I question your ability to run a good guild. It’s a lot of work and picking the name is only a small part of that.

This might come across as mean but isn’t intended that way.

A guild name is its identity. It should be something that reflects the attitude of the guild and it should be something interesting. Frankly if you can’t come up with the name on your own I question your ability to run a good guild. It’s a lot of work and picking the name is only a small part of that.

I appreciate your comment ;) I have lead a good guild in WoW.. So I don't question my ability to lead one.. I'm just having problems comming up with a name.. This has nothing to do with the guild's attitude since you do not know how this attitude is going to be before the guild has actually started :)

I appreciate your comment ;) I have lead a good guild in WoW.. So I don't question my ability to lead one.. I'm just having problems comming up with a name.. This has nothing to do with the guild's attitude since you do not know how this attitude is going to be before the guild has actually started :)

Really? You don't know what kind of guild attitude you want? That's not good. I knew exactly what sort of attitude I was going for and the name was the first step. The name appealed to the sort of people I wanted to attract and I carefully recruited based on that, getting people with the same kind of attitude until we had enough for a couple of regular raiding teams and then some, and it's worked incredibly well. If you don't have a name you don't have an identity and if you don't have an identity you're not offering anything unique. If you're not offering anything unique you're not going to have anything in common for people to bond with and you're not going to have a cohesive guild.

The guild name is an advert in itself, you should be thinking of what kind of guild you want to have and what you want people to think of when they see the guild name.

I recommend something that makes people laugh - that way if someone sees your guild name, lols and decides to apply at least you know that you find the same sort of things funny - that goes a long way. If you want a really serious guild pick a really serious guild name. if you want a guild full of elitist a-holes pick an elitist a-hole name, and so on. Don't just ask randoms because you can't think of anything good.

I've been around a lot of MMOs and i have seen Guild names where i swear the leader just thought of the coolest words he could think of and put them together like <Reborn Legacy>.

Also don't do anything generic like:

<Knights of ________>

<Legion of _________>

<________Of Darkness>

Etc.

Like people said before you should think of something creative or funny, or something that just feels right for your guild's identity.

I think you should ask your fellow members to contribute, and then make a vote. In that way it will become one of the very first big descision you have taken together, and your guildies will be proud of their name.

By starters: No offence meant.

My personal opinion is that the Guild Names are often childish or un-professional- For example: something like Death Dealers; or Republics Finest, is either childish or lore unfriendly.

A good guild name sounds professional, while I believe that Legend doesn't sound professional but instead when I think of that guild all I see is a group of l33t speakers.

Just my 2 cents :)

Could you give an example of a "proffesional" guild name?

Because that's what I want it to be.. Proffesional.. No whiners, just people, having fun.. Doing stuff.. Relaxing after a hard day of work ;)

And especially own some stuff up ;)

By starters: No offence meant.

My personal opinion is that the Guild Names are often childish or un-professional- For example: something like Death Dealers; or Republics Finest, is either childish or lore unfriendly.

A good guild name sounds professional, while I believe that Legend doesn't sound professional but instead when I think of that guild all I see is a group of l33t speakers.

Just my 2 cents :)

Make something in Huttese. Lots of nice sounding names.

http://www.completewermosguide.com/huttdictionary.html

and

http://www.completewermosguide.com/huttnoncanondictionary.html

expanded beyond canon based on Quechua (the south american language that they loosely based huttese on).