I Play Hybrid Wrath+CL, Nurf That And...

Cempa

I Play Hybrid Wrath+CL, Nurf That And...

Lose my money for good.

I do not care for any of the 31 abilities you have, they suck..Sorry but they do.

I enjoy playing my hybrid Wrath+Chain Lightning spec with all the defensive PvP abilities.

Any one else enjoy hybrid and seeing all the changes think that BW will nurf hybrids to the ground?

Edited by Cempa

They probably will, and they will arguably be justified in doing so. If you're so attached to that particular spec that you'd rather quit than play a different style, well, so be it. I doubt Bioware is going to reverse their dev engine because you decide you're gunna quit if they don't. Besides, that's borderline temper-tantrum behavior anyway (and every parenting book out there says to never give in to temper-tantrums).

On a side note, they're going to get a lot of flak regardless if they nerf the sorc hybrid build without buffing the pure builds. I imagine that's probably why we've been thus far spared from the hybrid deathstick, despite the Assassin's getting it rammed where the sun don't shine.

As much as I enjoy the 18/23 specc I would very much welcome a buff to full lightning / madness...

Especially because going all out crazy on CL + Wrath makes you go oof so extremely fast unless you specc into Lightning Effusion. However, you sacrifice dmg for force sustain which is unfortunate.

If they buff 31pt talents to a degree that makes them useful in PvE I'd be ever so glad to switch to Full Lightning / Madness...although I think that Madness would easily come out on top since many of the current fights require you to move around a lot and that's where instacasts from Wrath, Deathfield, etc. really shine.

We will see what happens...hopefully they get it right because it seems that they did do a good job on the Operative / Scoundrel (I've been talking to good players that are happy with the class even after the nerfs...Also there were many voices from the Operative / Scoundrel camp before the nerfs that agreed on the class being overtuned)

I'm attached to it because the 31 builds are lack luster, give me a solid 31 build that is as fun as the hybrid and I will gladly switch!

Lightning Strike Vs. Force Lightning

Force Lightning is just more fun, not sure why but it is for me.

Force Lightning snare bypasses Resolve as with all snares!

Suppression / Lightning Barrier / Backlash / Lightning Effusion / Haunted Dreams / Corrupted Flesh give me all of those with Force Lightning and then we have something to talk about.

My current build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zfc0rzMrZcMcRsrzb.1

19/22 and I am sure many will not like it but its what I can be most effective with and have most fun with.

PS: I tried the 31 Lightning and the very first time I cast Thundering Blast I was expecting a THUNDER but saw a 2xxx tickle...I was like ***! All that 31 points and 50% and just 2k! If that wasn't bad enough its on a CD AND a 2sec cast lolz.

Tried Creeping Terror and it is a gimmick of a spec! Deathmask is gimmicky, Creeping Terror is gimmicky.

Last Edit: With current trees I would gladly spec 31 Lightning if they buff Alacrity. Meaning we get more bang for our buck.

Edited by Cempa

Last Edit: With current trees I would gladly spec 31 Lightning if they buff Alacrity. Meaning we get more bang for our buck.

qft

Seeing as there is an excess of alacrity on our PvE gear which he have little to no use at the moment especially since most Sorcs are some variation of the 13/28 hybrid specc where pretty much everything is an instacast.

Theoretically, 31 Madness is the top DPS spec right now but you lose out on the AE advantage of CL in the hybrid build.

Lightning has core issues due to scaling (TB gets no benefit from crit for example), RNG and skill proc times. Not to mention that it's extremely hindered by any movement.

If FL had its scaling reduced, the playstyle would remain the same but you'd drop in power. That, combined with a rather significant boost to Conduction would help alleviate some of the problems.

Seeing as the next patch is killing Assassin/Shadow hybrids, you can count on Sorc/Sage hybrid options being eliminated in the near future.

I've been anticipating the nerf and have leveled a few Republic alts to help with pop balance. I also just got into the Diablo 3 beta, which will keep me occupied should the game continue to get worse with rampant class alterations.

Lower TB cast to 1.5s or make it instant. Increase dmg by 20% or add a dot internal dmg component and keep same cd. Make Lightning barrage tier 2 in lightning and add to corruption crit tick to reduce cast time of TB as well.

Couple ideas.

a grav shot from a republic trooper(1.5 sec cast) crits me for 3k damage and applies 4% armor debuff on me.

Make my lightning strike hit for 3k and make it apply 4% vulnerability to the target and I just might go full lightning spec , until then heh

a grav shot from a republic trooper(1.5 sec cast) crits me for 3k damage and applies 4% armor debuff on me.

Make my lightning strike hit for 3k and make it apply 4% vulnerability to the target and I just might go full lightning spec , until then heh

Grav Round / Tracer Missile is on the third tier of the Gunnery/Arsenal tree for Commando/Merc - equivalent to Chain Lightning or Death Field for Sorcs.

A base ability should never be anywhere near the same as a talented one. Which coincidentally is the reason that Creeping Terror should be improved to do more damage then Affliction...

#themoreyouknow

Lightning needs a spell like Spiritwalkers Grace to allow casting while moving for a short time. It's the most immobile spec in the game. Even snipers have more that 1 skill that can be cast while moving. All Lightning gets is shock and a Dot. Edited by JumpDrive

Lightning needs a spell like Spiritwalkers Grace to allow casting while moving for a short time. It's the most immobile spec in the game. Even snipers have more that 1 skill that can be cast while moving. All Lightning gets is shock and a Dot.

Conveniently forgetting about Insta CL are we :D

Theoretically, 31 Madness is the top DPS spec right now but you lose out on the AE advantage of CL in the hybrid build.

No, it is Hybrid 13/28, Hybrid 7/18/16, Full Madness, and Full Lightning. Each spec is within 5% of the lowest, with 13/28 at the top. With short encounters, 5% dps is that much noticeable.

I will say this, I do greatly enjoy one thing with hybrid that is very enjoyable to me compared to pushing us to 'pure' 31+ specs-- variety

Everyone has their own little spin on the favored hybrid variation, some with very little difference some with a lot. I've seen anything from 13/28 to 20/21. Obvously wrath+chain lightning remains steady throughout but the variations are nice to see.

I leveled pure lightning most of the way because on paper it is much closer to my preffered playstyle, only relenting around 45ish to try my own hybrid take and haven't looked back.

Now with a spec I'm sure many would scoff at (only 17 deep in madness) I am having a ball and doing fairly solid in warzones while churning through pve content in a beastly fashion.

This variety is a great thing, and why in some ways I kind of hope they don't go too heavily into pushing you to the 31 point talents down the road.

Now with a spec I'm sure many would scoff at (only 17 deep in madness) I am having a ball and doing fairly solid in warzones while churning through pve content in a beastly fashion.

Naw, 0/25/16 and 7/18/16 are two very potent variants on the hybrid Wrath+CL combo.

What's all this about? Is there a patch note that says something about hybrids getting nerf?

The Assassin hybrid specs got shafted by recent changes in 1.1.2, effectively killing both hybrid specs that had developed. Given that we also have a very high incidence rate of hybrid specs, it seems logical to conclude that we're likely next on the chopping block.

I am not sure why you only stopped at 17 (are you passing up instant cast whirlwind?) but there is basically no reason to go above 18 in madness if you pvp a lot (instant cast whirlwind + wrath) and put the rest of the points in lightning to get the 30% proc on CL for added damage, or split some in corruption.