1-49 doesn't count?

Cindron

First time I saw someone say it I just figured they were trying to flame a thread and moved on. But I've seen it multiple times now. I'm curious to know why some feel levels 1 through 49 nothing but a grind and that the game does not really begin till you reach 50? To me this attitude completely misses what an mmo is. That they are playing like it is MW3 or something similar.

I'm not trying to start any rage fights or crazy accusations I am honestly wondering how many feel that 1 through 49 is nothing but a grind and why?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange considering the grind doesn't really start until you reach lvl50. :p

I kinda like to know what grind your talking about at 50...lol..

1 thru 49 that where the adventure meets the road to get to 50 I guess unless I'm missing the point... if you took time too hear the missoin stories then you understand the lore of the game..

at 50 you do dailies everyday everyday and maybe taken in a few hm flashpoints wow big deal... O there PVP haha...

thing of it is they could just as easily said everyone is level 1 and this is the game your acquire your abilities thru these missoins and gear etc...lol and there no level 2 until expansoin..haha,, You hear all the time in every MMO,, well you have not played until your 85..lol Safe to say old SWG was not like that you had your tree talents and you adventure was jsut like everyone elses..

I kinda just dont get it lol.. maybe its a power trip well not until ur 50 you dont know how to play or have fun lol....

that like saying if you have not unlocked A console game secret missoins then it doenot count lol....The real game is hidden from play

SPRPG's are about the leveling, MMO's are about endgame... It's where Bioware went wrong.

They already have the leveling, give the game some time and it will have the end-game to support it. They aren't mutually exclusive you know, most devs just focus on the end-game but that doesn't mean it's the only thing that matters. Most people are just used to it being that way.

Yes, the end-game in it's current state is atrocious but I keep playing because I see the potential and wish to support BioWare in making it happen. From the dev interviews, they've acknowledged just how bad it is and I give them credit for being honest about it, which in turn gives me hope that they actually intend to improve it tremendously.

Take WAR for example, the devs told people to l2p and that sorcs/BW's were fine. Then later nerfed them, but it was too late at that point. BW is honest about the games shortcomings.

SPRPG's are about the leveling, MMO's are about endgame... It's where Bioware went wrong.

I would argue that that is not the fundamental end-all.

MMO's are about playing a game with other people through your journey from 1-cap. The Endgame is just another quotient of the equation.

First time I saw someone say it I just figured they were trying to flame a thread and moved on. But I've seen it multiple times now. I'm curious to know why some feel levels 1 through 49 nothing but a grind and that the game does not really begin till you reach 50? To me this attitude completely misses what an mmo is. That they are playing like it is MW3 or something similar.

I'm not trying to start any rage fights or crazy accusations I am honestly wondering how many feel that 1 through 49 is nothing but a grind and why?

It's all about personal opinion. There are a lot of people who only like what they refer to as 'end game' stuff like raiding and they generally (not all, probably) dislike leveling to reach that goal of theirs, but there are just as many people who enjoy leveling, the stories, RPing, PvPing, and whatever else games offer, as well as those who enjoy some of each. To each their own, I say. No one way is right or wrong.

I kinda like to know what grind your talking about at 50...lol..

1 thru 49 that where the adventure meets the road to get to 50 I guess unless I'm missing the point... if you took time too hear the missoin stories then you understand the lore of the game..

at 50 you do dailies everyday everyday and maybe taken in a few hm flashpoints wow big deal... O there PVP haha...

thing of it is they could just as easily said everyone is level 1 and this is the game your acquire your abilities thru these missoins and gear etc...lol and there no level 2 until expansoin..haha,, You hear all the time in every MMO,, well you have not played until your 85..lol Safe to say old SWG was not like that you had your tree talents and you adventure was jsut like everyone elses..

I kinda just dont get it lol.. maybe its a power trip well not until ur 50 you dont know how to play or have fun lol....

that like saying if you have not unlocked A console game secret missoins then it doenot count lol....The real game is hidden from play

Grind is doing something repetitive to get a desired result, like grinding for gear, which is basically all the endgame in SWTOR has. Sure the stories are cool the first time, but then they get repetitive. Do you listen to the dialog every single time you do dailies while you save up the 360 comms needed to buy 3 pieces of Rakata jewelry? Did you do all of the dailies 10 days in a row to save up to buy a lvl 50 white color crystal for 2.5 million? Do you watch the cutscenes when doing Black Talon or Esseles for the 40th time? etc etc

Edited by MorgonKara

True,

I rather not grind at 50..lol i dont do the dailies,, and very seldom do hm flashpoints, The game pretty much over for me and same goes for WOW,,, END GAME is at 60 O wait its 70 Sorry Its now 85,,, see the point... Another thread started 1 thru 84 dont count lol...

But I do is PVP its simple

True,

I rather not grind at 50..lol i dont do the dailies,, and very seldom do hm flashpoints, The game pretty much over for me and same goes for WOW,,, END GAME is at 60 O wait its 70 Sorry Its now 85,,, see the point... Another thread started 1 thru 84 dont count lol...

But I do is PVP its simple

Even PvP is a gear grind. Don't get me wrong, I actually like a certain amount of grinding, I'm just pointing out how the grind starts at 50.

Edited by MorgonKara

Funny, when I started playing MMO's there was no gear attached to it at all. People PvP'd for *gasp* fun. Shocking, I know.

Which ones? I've never played a MMO where gear didn't matter in PvP, although in say SWG gear was crafted or gotten from PvE. TOR is a lot different because you obviously need the PvP gear to compete, but at the same time it makes it possible to only PvP to be competitive. The other cool thing is that the WZs make it possible to lvl through PvP. If you tried to pvp at lvl 10 is SWG you were basically a free one-shot kill for a lvl 90 -not even, you would probably just die from area damage.

Edited by MorgonKara

Which ones? I've never played a MMO where gear didn't matter in PvP, although in say SWG gear was crafted or gotten from PvE. TOR is a lot different because you obviously need the PvP gear to compete, but at the same time it makes it possible to only PvP to be competitive. The other cool thing is that the WZs make it possible to lvl through PvP. If you tried to pvp at lvl 10 is SWG you were basically a free one-shot kill for a lvl 90.

I played SWG when there were no levels. Silly NGE tourists *snort*. WoW had no pvp system at the beginning. AO had none either. DAoC had no PvP gear either when I played it. EQ2 had no PvP at all really. EQ1 only had grief fests. Aion had ganking for the lolz. I could go on, but you get my point.

The only game I played that had full PvP system and gear at launch was WAR. Everything else was just sort of added along the way yet people killed each other in games because it was fun with no rewards whatsoever. Most just make statements that are simply false because they are under the assumption that games had fleshed out PvP systems because they had them when THEY played the game.

I played SWG when there were no levels. Silly NGE tourists *snort*. WoW had no pvp system at the beginning. AO had none either. DAoC had no PvP gear either when I played it. EQ2 had no PvP at all really. EQ1 only had grief fests. Aion had ganking for the lolz. I could go on, but you get my point.

The only game I played that had full PvP system and gear at launch was WAR. Everything else was just sort of added along the way yet people killed each other in games because it was fun with no rewards whatsoever. Most just make statements that are simply false because they are under the assumption that games had fleshed out PvP systems because they had them when THEY played the game.

NGE tourists lol, you do know that the NGE existed like 8 years longer than pre CU yeah?

Edited by MorgonKara

1-49 does NOT count. It's an artificial barrier, a roadblock, put up to hold you back from doing the things that are actually fun all in the name of extending your subscription time. I'd rather just start out with a level 50 character and jump right into end-game activities. They could have cut out the 1-49 leveling and sidequests and instead spent that time designing more end-game stuff; better PvP, more Operations, capital ships, etc. and it probably would have been a lot more fun.

NGE tourists lol, you do know that the NGE existed like 8 years longer than pre CU yeah?

Way to disregard my entire post and just cling to an obvious disgruntled remark intended as a joke. /golfclap

1-49 does NOT count. It's an artificial barrier, a roadblock, put up to hold you back from doing the things that are actually fun all in the name of extending your subscription time. I'd rather just start out with a level 50 character and jump right into end-game activities. They could have cut out the 1-49 leveling and sidequests and instead spent that time designing more end-game stuff; better PvP, more Operations, capital ships, etc. and it probably would have been a lot more fun.

woah really? i have so much fun with the class stories and the planets. i almost feel the exact opposite, that the endgame is a time-sink.

Sorry, your personal, subjective opinion doesn't make something true. Additionally, if you remove everything that is not end-game, where is the end of the game to make the distinction of it being end-game? Riddle me that.

I have a feeling those people you're talking about were just trying to flame threads. There is no grind in this game that I've seen. 3 50s, a 46, a 37, a 34, and a couple lowbies here. Closest thing I can think to a grind is trying to kill the (Imperial side) Avatar of Sel-Makor solo. lol Luckily, once BioWare fixes a bugged glowing mission interactive for my Agent, I'll be able to get off Voss without even having to kill ol' Sel. :D Yes, I purposely overlevelled my Agent just so I wouldn't have to face him this time around. I'm not a masochist. :p