To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

JohnAnconia

Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.

Edited by JohnAnconia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fewer abilties =/= easier to play. Conversely, More abilities =/= harder to play.

You'd be suprised how hard MM sniper is for most people, even though it only takes FT, TD, Snipe, SoS, Ambush to do a main rotation.

For your sage and sniper you listed main rotational moves that have small CDs. Yet Force Push is main rotational? Stasis? Are you kidding me?

You listed Sweep, Leap, Zealous Leap, (Guardian Leap? LOLWUT?), Dispatch, Combat Focus, Exhaustion, Blade Storm as the only moves I see that are main rotational.

Your ability to taunt and do miscellaneous tank things does not contribute to the skillcap of hulksmashing. We're not saying Guardians are easy to play to full potential. They're simply easy to play to extremely effective potential, something most classes cannot do.

Edited by Zunayson

Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

I have one too. I hit "enrage" I leap, I smash, I start smacking the target in the face to lower the smash cooldown after laying on force crush... and I smash again.

What's so difficult about that?

Fewer abilties =/= easier to play. Conversely, More abilities =/= harder to play.

You'd be suprised how hard MM sniper is for most people, even though it only takes FT, TD, Snipe, SoS, Ambush to do a main rotation.

For your sage and sniper you listed main rotational moves that have small CDs. Yet Force Push is main rotational? Stasis? Are you kidding me?

Force push resets the CD on force leap and force leap makes smash/sweep autocrit... Have you ever played a guardian/jugg?

And you want to ignore the shockwave/singularity building ability, force statis?

(Guardian Leap? LOLWU, Dispatch, Combat Focus, Exhaustion, Blade Storm as the only moves I see that are main rotational.

Apparently you've never encountered a situation that requires guardian leap + force leap... *roll eyes*

And no, I'm not talking about main rotational abilities. Balance sage/leth sniper usually don't need any abilities other than those that I've listed. Feel free to point out anything that I've missed. (Don't start talking about things like force quake which doesn't belong in balance spec or scatter shot which results in a dps loss in most cases in wzs.)

BTW I didn't even include ms/ravage for jugg/guardian.

Your ability to taunt and do miscellaneous tank things does not contribute to the skillcap of hulksmashing. We're not saying Guardians are easy to play to full potential. They're simply easy to play to extremely effective potential, something most classes cannot do.

Which is why I did not include taunts in my counts.

And how are balance sage/leth sniper harder to play? Throwing out dots plus FIB/DF or Cull? Is that hard?

Edited by JohnAnconia

I have one too. I hit "enrage" I leap, I smash, I start smacking the target in the face to lower the smash cooldown after laying on force crush... and I smash again.

What's so difficult about that?

So your rotation only consists of four buttons? I'd like to know which four those are.

On a more serious note, most specs in this game are incredibly easy to play.

So your rotation only consists of four buttons? I'd like to know which four those are.

On a more serious note, most specs in this game are incredibly easy to play.

Including smash.

If you including kiting / anti kiting abilities sorcs need to use: knockback, force slow, force stun, force lift, force sprint, cleanse, self heals....lol.

I have 5 50's and I gotta say jugg smash is not hard AT ALL. So many specs need to be that much better of a player to but up those numbers.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11

The fact is that's all guardians/juggs need to do to totally blow up the warzone.

A good smasher can pretty much wipe a whole team in 2 rotations, of course they have to be stupid and stack up but I've seen it happen plenty of times.

Honestly, the only problem I have with them is the reduced smash cooldown...if that was changed I think they would not nearly be as OP.

Mind explaining why sniper/sage dps are harder to play well compared to jugg/guardian?

Also, a good sage dps is a million times more difficult to play than a smash jugg and they can't compare to the damage output of smashers.

Including smash.

If you including kiting / anti kiting abilities sorcs need to use: knockback, force slow, force stun, force lift, force sprint, cleanse, self heals....lol.

I have 5 50's and I gotta say jugg smash is not hard AT ALL. So many specs need to be that much better of a player to but up those numbers.

Pretty much this.

Including smash.

Since most people on this forum are assuming that pvp'ers will always stay close to each other to eat smashes, I don't see why it is fair to require sages to kite the same group of clueless people all the time. (At least such kiting doesn't require a very high skill level..)

Edited by JohnAnconia

I'm using all available abilties on sorc/sage. Not saying that it's harder to play but if you're sticking to only 6 abilties you're not doing it right. To make it easier for msyelf on sage heal hybrid I'm toggling between quickbars, just got to keep track of what key each position is bound to when cycling.

Rage focus is actually extremely easy to play. This comes from someone with both a jug and a sentinel having played the spec before.

Yes it's true, that you need a high skill level to be extremely effective on your jugg/guard (stance dancing when needed, taunts, intercede and so on). But hell on a dps sage, you need that amount of skill to stay alive long enough to do the damage a rage jugg can do within a few cds.

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.

ROFLMBO @ takes skill to play, sorry but you will get no sympathy for that argument from the community.

I'd also point out that as a rage jugg, I stack nothing but power.

becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause smash auto crits. I have a guildmate with his smash jugg... he has 1200 bonus damage... takes the hard work out of min/maxing. No other class has that.

the easiness is only partly due to the 'few buttons' aspect. the bigger thing imo is that the basic rotation has built in utility such that one doesn't have to think much beyond the basic rotation, namely the slow on force crush, the obliterate root, the multiple methods of building shockwave and the braindead resource management that comes from having free smashes with a full stack.

People in the know say it is easy for a few reasons. One is it takes little skill to do pretty well on it in most situations if you are geared. Also, if you are in a premade the class is EXTREMELY easy to play as your defensive cds are strong and should give your healer time to heal you and you time to get out of the fire. Another reason is that it is a pretty strong class in wz type group 1v1s (by this I mean someone attacks you and the fight is basically a 1v1 but it is not a duel out in the middle of nowhere either). Having leaps on a short cd make the class very escape friendly as well.

If you put these together then you can see that it requires very little awareness to play at a decently high lvl once geared. Now people in the know say it has an extremely low softcap for skill not hardcap. The soft skillcap is what I have talked about.

If you pug a sent/mara you can do drastically better than someone who is only playing at the softcap. Of course here if you have a ph then the class is still omg easy.

Also, you show your lack of skill with how you talk about vguard/ptech. In a premade vguard/ptech is laughably easy just like sent/guard, however in a pug environment with a team that is near even to your team or better then vguard is actually a class that very very few ppl can play well. Most will just spread their dots and occasionally taunt but still the wrong person. It requires being in the sweet spot, never being a tab target, taunting properly, and bursting ppl down at the right time. Sure you can spread dots and have high chart numbers but this means nothing.

^bad

"i do....damage...i get....mvp votes...i win..PUGs"....THIS only further proves how terrible you are.

But the main reason for me still stands, (and im a jugg..have been since pre lauch)..anyone saying SMASH REQUIRES SKILL is a cluless pvp player that found a spec where they can "shine" so they like to feed this illusion that they are actually skilled..

im not sayign smash spec CANT be played in a SKILLED manner...im saying SMASH requires NO SKILL to be played and still succeed...you can backpadel click and tunnel vision an entire game , using only the 4 main abilities AND STILL get 300k damage.....ITS EASY TO PLAY SMASH...REALLLLY EASY.....all you have to do is get 4 stacks..leap..smash..rinse repeat..

its boring..unskiled.ANY good player will tell you that..

wake up, you ar ebeing carried by an easy spec..spec vengence and do 500k damage...or achieve as much as any smash in your wz and you will see the dif in sklill required..

edit:also..next time use REAL Qualifications to show how GOOD you are...not the normal warzone garbage, that prooves zero, its like special olympics...show ratings..

Edited by filipesantana