Pub Vs Imp Dailies

I personally have the exact opposite opinion. I have 4 pub 50s, and 2 imp 50s. I started with my pub 50s, and I'm very familiar with the pub dailies. Not as familiar with the imp dailies.

I suspect it's just perception. I did pub dailies for months before I ever had an imp 50 to run through. So, I "know" the pub dailies like the back of my hand and can bang them out quickly. You mentioned it feeling like things are twice as far apart - I have the exact same perception, but in reverse lol.

Well I do wish the Pubs had a simple BH quest like Imps do where you just scan guys in your base and return.

Eh, but the pub BH dailies, you can complete almost all of them in the same exact area. Much less spread out than Imp side. Also, CTS is a bit faster than EoT.

Empire feels like it has a bit of an edge in Section X now that Air Strike Codes are auto-drop and the prisoner leaders are no longer bugged. Seems to flow a lot better, and less running into a damn dungeon where you cant speeder around.

So I recently started doing dailies on my level 50 Vanguard, a change from my Imp toons, and I feel like the dailies take 2X as long as the Imperial side.

Is this just my weird confusion or are they truly "farther apart" and longer.

Black Hole for Empire IMHO a bit more compact and faster

The same for Illum

And Empire side on Belsavis dailies (not Section X !) are much shorter and convinient to do

It's not mostly about time to do a quest but mainly because of time to get there i think

bad logistic

Black Hole for Empire IMHO a bit more compact and faster

The "scan guys in base" makes this true! :D

The same for Illum

Personally, don't see a huge difference here.

And Empire side on Belsavis dailies (not Section X !) are much shorter and convinient to do

Don't see this personally. The Pub dailies on Belsavis are extremely well laid out. Straight line almost through all of them.

It's not mostly about time to do a quest but mainly because of time to get there i think

bad logistic

Agreed, but then, the Imp dailies seem worse for this. The Domination outpost quests take you a farther than the Wilderness and Meltwater quests do. When you get to the tomb, the Republic can do its Heroic 2s in the same area on the way to the final dailies which are just running in a circle around the tomb.

section x

republic is faster. empire has to kill certain spawns in the bunker which dont respawn that fast and are few in number. empire has a quest to free prisoners which until recently was always bugged but still has tons of mobs around the pens. quest involving killing the dread guards takes longer.

black hole

empire is faster .their h4 last boss is stupid easy as it does little damage, you cant get locked out of the room, doesnt bounce around nor has multiple aoes. one quest can be done with out leaving the quest givers. there is no waiting for nodes either that two of the non area quests have for the republic. both area quests are the same.

ilum

about the same but empire side is faster as turrets and droids in the cave dont respawn all that fast if lots of players are there for the republic. one empire quest is way out of the way and used to be always bugged but now can be done.

belsavis

empire side is faster as there isn't only five leaders spawn points that everyone needs to kill three of. same with the droids and free the commandos. empire side only has one like this getting the parts for the datacron. the savant one might be included in this but neither was as bad a the leaders ever were and are.

been doing these dailies for almost a year now. have 50s on both sides. this is just my observations doing them on well geared toons solo.

Faster Dailies:

Belsavis: IMPS

Ilum: IMPS

Black Hole: PUBS

Section X: IMPS

That's my experience as well. The difference in BH is mostly down to End of Torvix taking a little longer than Chasing the Shadow. Ilum on the pub side is mostly hurt by the stupid shield gathering quest. If they changed that to a 100% drop rate it would be fine. On Belsavis you have to travel a little more between quest nodes on the pub side, since the quest givers are all spread out.

The balance for the most part is not too bad, though. Except for Section X. It takes much, much longer on the republic side than on the imp side, thanks to two quests that take a hellava long time to solo, and require that you fight through most of the mobs within two moderately large dungeons.

I also believe it is only perception and habit. After several pub toons and getting used to these dailies, it took me quite a few runs to make a routine out of the imp ones.

Though I find Poisonous Strategy to be way more difficult than Darkness on Ilum. I can solo the H2 without a sweat on my scoundrel healer but there's no way that I could do it on my op healer, it's just that I can't deal with 2 golds going crazy on AOEs compared to the one gold on the pub side.

Edited by demotivator

Though I find Poisonous Strategy to be way more difficult than Darkness on Ilum. I can solo the H2 without a sweat on my scoundrel healer but there's no way that I could do it on my op healer, it's just that I can't deal with 2 golds going crazy on AOEs compared to the one gold on the pub side.

PS is very hard to solo without a character with an in-combat CC, because both of the Jedi that pop out will slam you with a constant series of stuns, knockbacks and other annoyances. In a two-man group (it is a heroic, after all), however, it is much easier than DoI, with it's million trash mobs with massive aggro radius. In DoI, the trash is more dangerous than the bosses.

PS is very hard to solo without a character with an in-combat CC, because both of the Jedi that pop out will slam you with a constant series of stuns, knockbacks and other annoyances. In a two-man group (it is a heroic, after all), however, it is much easier than DoI, with it's million trash mobs with massive aggro radius. In DoI, the trash is more dangerous than the bosses.

If you encounter trash at all during DoI, you are doing it wrong.

If you encounter trash at all during DoI, you are doing it wrong.

This. And that's actually another reason why the pub heroic is way easier, you can make your way "through" the trash with no sweat, the imp heroic requires you to clean the place first before hitting the console.

Edited by demotivator

section x

republic is faster. empire has to kill certain spawns in the bunker which dont respawn that fast and are few in number. empire has a quest to free prisoners which until recently was always bugged but still has tons of mobs around the pens. quest involving killing the dread guards takes longer.

black hole

empire is faster .their h4 last boss is stupid easy as it does little damage, you cant get locked out of the room, doesnt bounce around nor has multiple aoes. one quest can be done with out leaving the quest givers. there is no waiting for nodes either that two of the non area quests have for the republic. both area quests are the same.

ilum

about the same but empire side is faster as turrets and droids in the cave dont respawn all that fast if lots of players are there for the republic. one empire quest is way out of the way and used to be always bugged but now can be done.

belsavis

empire side is faster as there isn't only five leaders spawn points that everyone needs to kill three of. same with the droids and free the commandos. empire side only has one like this getting the parts for the datacron. the savant one might be included in this but neither was as bad a the leaders ever were and are.

been doing these dailies for almost a year now. have 50s on both sides. this is just my observations doing them on well geared toons solo.

i disagree on section x when i do section x on my feels feels like it takes a hell alot longer granted only done it a few times on my pub i usually don't even do section x dallies on my pub since i can do it on my imp faster

Faster Dailies:

Belsavis: IMPS

Ilum: IMPS

Black Hole: PUBS

Section X: IMPS

^^Mostly Agreed :)

I don't notice any considerable difference in the time it takes me to do Belsavis on either side.

Rep side Ilum just feels like a zig-zagging travelling nightmare with a damn cave of doom at the end whereas Imp side has a more logical questing route which eliminates most of the backtracking required. That said I usually solo the Rep heroic and skip the Imp one.

Black Hole I don't see much of a difference especially since they improved the respawn on the gerbils. I do find EOT easier to solo, CtS requires a strategic death on my part to get through the first room.

Section X is not remotely fun for me on either side but Rep is slightly worse because of the overly large dungeons with speedy respawn timers.