Solo queuing PvP on this server is horrid..

KillaDeuce

It's actually pretty good compared to most other servers.

I'd recommend if you are solo queueing and there is no premade that you volunteer to guard the off node, otherwise no one will do it (or someone will do it and just abandon it without saying anything). This should greatly increase your win ratio.

Unfourtunatley the PUGs are in a state of disarray right now. Its an RP server so most of the guilds dont touch PVP. Then you have PVP guilds. People who PVP togeather on Voice comms. They pretty much dominate with exceptionally coordinated gameplay and individual player skill. If your solo queing you roll the dice. Either you get lucky and group with one of the servers leet PVP communities, or you get on a PUG and get facerolled.

I would imagine its like that on most servers. Perhaps you just experienced a terribad PUG. Been on a few of those myself before. All you can do is lean back in your chair and chuckle. Type a GG and move on.

Well I was on POT5 and Bastion before here. Guess just being pvp servers makes a bigger difference then I expected. Came here for an old guild I reunited with.

6 wins over 4 days switching between an Repub trooper and Imp BH. Doing mainly pvp with class missions in between. Wanting to tear my eyes out sometimes.

Was hoping someone could tell me it's better at 50 so I would keep going. guess not. LOL

Well I was on POT5 and Bastion before here. Guess just being pvp servers makes a bigger difference then I expected. Came here for an old guild I reunited with.

6 wins over 4 days switching between an Repub trooper and Imp BH. Doing mainly pvp with class missions in between. Wanting to tear my eyes out sometimes.

Was hoping someone could tell me it's better at 50 so I would keep going. guess not. LOL

Sub 50 I really haven't seen that much inequity. Working on a Gunslinger and BH at the moment so I'll toy with either faction and while I feel I have a slightly higher win rate on the BH (i.e. imp side) it is not by any amount that feels grossly disproportionate.

That said you occasionally find those little ruts/runs where a group of 3-4 that's overgeared (i.e. knocking on or over 15k HP)/coordinated stomp onto the field and for those times if its opposite faction I'd just step away for a few to level.

I played 4 of my 50's pretty much all day yesterday, probably about 30 total games and across all 4 I have 5 total wins against my weeklies for the week. PuGs can be bad...or, maybe it's just me :p

I think I just have terrible luck. I was switching back and forth between factions and just could not get matched w/ the teams I was constantly playing against.

I've been away for a week or so cause of work/ boredom in general with the game, but was leveling a new alt the week before i left. Solo que only on the imp side. I kept up with win/loss record.

Thru a 100 games 78 wins-22 losses, with at least 5 losses due to joining losing match late. This covers levels 10 to 26, pvping only.

Am I trying to say this makes me any good, absolutely not, i mostly suck, but it proves that having a singular player on one side that has even the semblance of a clue, tilts the odds significantly in that teams favor.

Essentially, yes the pugs are really often that bad.

I've been away for a week or so cause of work/ boredom in general with the game, but was leveling a new alt the week before i left. Solo que only on the imp side. I kept up with win/loss record.

Thru a 100 games 78 wins-22 losses, with at least 5 losses due to joining losing match late. This covers levels 10 to 26, pvping only.

Am I trying to say this makes me any good, absolutely not, i mostly suck, but it proves that having a singular player on one side that has even the semblance of a clue, tilts the odds significantly in that teams favor.

Essentially, yes the pugs are really often that bad.

Yeah, in sub 50's a decent player can totally tilt the game significantly. I'd say I win around 70-80% of my sub 50 games most days.

Imo, good players have a much more significant impact in sub-50 PVP than 50. I agree with Lamech, and since most players have alts on both sides, the 'which side is better' debate is moot because in my experience good players are good through multiple toons. I seldom see a good player who is amazing on one toon and piss poor on another.

I played 4 of my 50's pretty much all day yesterday, probably about 30 total games and across all 4 I have 5 total wins against my weeklies for the week. PuGs can be bad...or, maybe it's just me :p

I think I just have terrible luck. I was switching back and forth between factions and just could not get matched w/ the teams I was constantly playing against.

As to "could not get matched with the teams I was constantly playing"-- makes sense overall. Remember in a pug there's 8 open slots but when solo queuing there's only 4 (sometimes 5) open slots alongside a premade, so assuming all else is equal in terms of population representation queued up you are about twice as likely to wind up in that pure pug as with a quartet that group queued.

I'd recommend if you are solo queueing and there is no premade that you volunteer to guard the off node, otherwise no one will do it (or someone will do it and just abandon it without saying anything). This should greatly increase your win ratio.

I beg to differ.

The times I've lost because people failed to trust each other in a game... No player or group has any right to complain if they ignore the rest of the team, and absolutely does not get to take credit for wins and blame others for losses.

Nevertheless, solo can be bad overall. In that case, all you need to do is to put some effort into leading the Warzone, it becomes very obvious in the first minute of the game who can and cannot use Ops Chat. Sadly, not everyone (pug or otherwise) joins Warzones planning to do their best. But some of them are more than willing to do it if you give them enough incentive and it takes only a few seconds to type a message to assess them.

The question was if it gets better at 50, yes, it does get better. But if you are solo queuing, it will take a very long time until somone bothers to heal you or trusts you enough to use you as something other than a scapegoat when things go wrong.

Edited by Advanderer

I feel like solo queueing has gotten a bit better on the PUB side, actually. The win ratio has gone way up compared to the old days. You always will have the flow of new 50s, but many of the new 50s now are alts of experienced players rather than noobs in PVE gear like we saw last spring. My biggest issue is lack of heals. The premade groups have healers that focus on their own group...which is understandable I guess. Keeping 4 people alive who are in voice chat, in theory, is more effective than trying to keep everyone alive. I tend to get FF a lot when I'm not in a premade. It gets frustrating when I get no heal <3

Im new to this server (the game actually) and have been doing nothing but solo queue on pub side and tbh its been pretty good for the most part been winning more than losing. While there have been some really poorly balanced games they seem to happen to both sides equally so it balances out in the end. Anyway been fun playing here and should get better (for me at least) once i become more familiar with class mechanics and all.

Akia 41 sage

Go back to po5 imo.

I got a 50 mara there and its such a relief if you mainly soloque. on this server you have to roll with the punches alot more, you can play your a-game but it dont matter when the 7 other is undergeared/bad vs a 4man ewh who's playing 24/7.

atleast on po5 you drop wz, get a fresh new one, here not so much.

Go back to po5 imo.

I got a 50 mara there and its such a relief if you mainly soloque. on this server you have to roll with the punches alot more, you can play your a-game but it dont matter when the 7 other is undergeared/bad vs a 4man ewh who's playing 24/7.

atleast on po5 you drop wz, get a fresh new one, here not so much.

I would agree with this guy.

Solo queueing on this server at 50 IS horrible, because of the gap between some of the average PUG's you can get and the decent PvPers who usually run in premades. Friend of mine told me on PvP servers they would votekick you if you showed up to a warzone in PvE gear, not the case here.

And yeah, because of the way the system works, you are much more likely to get grouped with a pure PUG group than you are with another premade when you solo queue.

I have only been playing this MMO for 2 months and I have done a lot of solo queing for pvp. You really do have to roll with the punches, but I think the main issue is people think they can coast through it and have had no real pvping experience. For example these are some of my observations.

1) At the beginning of a pvp match look around, if any of the guild tags have brotherhood in them hold on as you are most likely going to lose. Especially if there is more than one.\

2) you will see 4 people beating on a healer..... none of them will ever interrupt

3) Huttball- people will not pass and/or get open for a pass. If you have the ball they will form a train behind you., Datacore-your whole team will only attack 1 door , turret matches- your team will lose nodes because they think killing is more important than interrupting the capper.

4) In huttball your teammates will stand in the end zone hoping the opposing ball carrier will leap to them. BTW they will not have a knockback on their toolbar either.

Honestly players just need to realize how important interrupts, focusing, and watching nodes is and then you will see more wins. Sometimes you get in with some of the pax people on your team or silent council and their players seem to understand these concepts and you will destroy the other team like 4 games in a row. Right now its just luck of the draw, until the bads quit pvping or learn to use more than 3 abilities.

I tend to solo queue a lot or get in a small group of one or two. If you see a good player, it never hurts to ask if they are in a group, and if not, if they would want to join you. My typical response if I happen to be in a group is to tell them to put me on their friends list and whisper me every once in awhile to see if I am free. You'll find a good amount of decent players are willing to queue up with others if they haven't already been snatched up.

I play a lot in both 50s and sub 50s, on both sides. You get a good mix of good and bad matches, it's the nature of random queuing. I haven't rerolled on any other server and really haven't even thought about leaving. I have a sorc on Pot5, but I haven't bothered getting her past the starting planet since I am quite happy here. Both sides have a good mix of skilled players. You aren't going to win every match and you need to go in knowing that. Sure it is frustrating when you seem to get the crappiest pugs on the server against a good group. Just keep at it and giving it your all because not every game is going to be like that.

@Zorion & everyone who keeps on promoting POT5

Why are you guys still on this server? If you have toons on POT5 and it is so much nicer, why are you still here? It's a bit confusing because when you promote another server and consistently play on TEH, it sends mixed signals.

Because there is several reasons and frankly I see no reason to validate myself to you.

However in lack of your imagination or whatever take your pick I'll serve you a few of my reasons :

1. I have friends on this server that I do enjoy spending time with as in the social aspect of the game.

2. I have stressed out I enjoy the solo-queing aspect over on po5 alot more than on Ebon Hawk.

I imagine you understand that generally speaking the game have several aspects that ppl enjoy, rp, pve or pvp.

Since pvp is a part of the game, at times the pvp on this server isnt very enjoyable to do, its nice to get an escape to po5 where its a blast generally speaking.

I strongly advise ppl not to go to Po5 if they're main focus is on RP, pve is ok, but rp is a total no-go "rp-lol" etc etc.

Sorry for horribad grammer & spelling but I should be in bed by now I bet lol.

So far I've only promoted the pvp-part @ po5 and in particual for people who mainly enjoy soloqueing.

It's not that bad. People forget there are a lot of new players who have never pvp'd in this game before. There isn't a practice warzone where people can practice their mechanics for the warzones and most of the time, most people in a group don't have the patience to teach other people what to do. But once people figure out how to play their class after doing a few hundred warzones they get better and they improve. If you're grouped with a bad group, I say suck it up, play through it, and try to make it a learning experience for yourself.