How to find the NPC for a specific mission

Plo_Coon

I see several web pages that list all the missions and give the name of the NPC that you get them from. But I cant find any that give a more accurate location than a whole map. Is there a site that gives NPC coordinates? How do other people find specific NPC's?

If you're looking to be a completionist and make sure you pick up every quest on a planet, I don't know of a site with a comprehensive list of every quest pickup in the game.

There are very few (maybe around 1 per planet) quests that are picked up out in the field. Almost all the quests are picked up in questing hubs.

If you're asking about finding an NPC related to doing our turning in a quest you already have, what you want to do is open up your missions (missions is what swtor calls quests) menu (it's one of the clickable menu buttons at the top of your screen) and make sure its little circle is lit up, so that it's on your quest tracker.

Now, you can go to any speeder taxi on the planet, and the destination menu will have destinations that have active quests for you marked in green. If you mouse over these destinations, it will tell you what quests are active at that speeder location.

If you take a speeder taxi to a location with active quests, you can use your world map to zoom in on that area and see exact locations of where quests or turn-in npc's are located.

Once you get used to it, it's a very handy and intuitive system.

yes, as Draloch wrote above, I'm not aware of any system that will make sure you did not miss any mission on a planet. Most of the times the mission givers are close to each other, but there are a handful of missions that triggers upon entering an area (very rare).

yes, as Draloch wrote above, I'm not aware of any system that will make sure you did not miss any mission on a planet. Most of the times the mission givers are close to each other, but there are a handful of missions that triggers upon entering an area (very rare).

Also a few on each planet out in isolated spots near a road. Not a major loss if you miss them, but helpful and usually fairly easy.

Yes....I was taking a completist point of view. I wasn't having any difficulty of finding contacts that are 'green' or seeing the 'mission offers'. I was wondering, if you knew a NPC's name, could you at least look up a coordinate and go there specifically...in the interest of not missing a mission you just happen to not wander past. Or an Easter Egg perhaps? Edited by Plo_Coon
spelling

As a complettist, I play with an extra laptop next to me, and while many websites exists that list the missions available by planet etc, none seems to provide the exact location of NPCs, just the name. So that leaves you to look around sometimes. I think one of the issues is that there are some NPCs that move around as your quest line progresses. That makes tracking them a bit harder.

There is a great article on this forums about the list of heroics and bonus by planet, and it lists where to pick them up. It helps quite a bit. Link follows :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=455175