rant scoundrel heals

power-alex

<rant>

Why even make such a week healing spec?

As much as I might enjoy it in pve in pvp it is ABSOLUTELY USELESS.

1 measly 3k heal and 1k hots that get 3 gcds to apply against 10-15k hits that every dps has rotationally. Woot!

Every other heal is FOREVER cast or channel that can be interrupted a hundred ways or LOSed by your teammate that tries to chase down or escape the enemy.

Absolutely no burst potential and no strong heals on the move. But hey, they gave us diagnostic scan on the move. I'll just use that while getting hit by 10k overhead slashes or energy bursts or whatever trying to run away.

Thank you for that incredible experience, whoever made that spec.

</rant>

Erm? Op healers are still really good and used quite often in 4s ranked for their sustained healing to deal with pressure comps. If you want bursty heals play a sorc.

so basically if i dont have a pocket tank and some dps to peel for me i MUST play a sorc, otherwise i'm no use to my team. That is exactly what this rant is about. Healing specs are way way imbalanced?

so basically if i dont have a pocket tank and some dps to peel for me i MUST play a sorc, otherwise i'm no use to my team. That is exactly what this rant is about. Healing specs are way way imbalanced?

Erm....the games balanced around the trinity man, get used to it.

So are you ************ about yolo or regs or what?

Probably regs.

Try thinking proactive instead of reactive. surgical probe refreshes kolto probe's duration and buffs your healing so get them all going as your team heads into mid or whatnot, and then just go through the main rotation and use surgical probes instead of reapplying. Ops have (counting 2 kolto probe stacks as 1) 4 HoTs two of which are AoE and can go through this rotation rather fast making it quite hard for dps to burst through. Also just as a side note, Kolto Injection can match Dark healing crit for crit.

Ah, no, Scoundrel is not bad in the regs. Sage and Scoundrel simply got reversed in the most desirable healer order, is all. It's just Scoundrel's healing is obsessive compulsive in nature, and requires switching targets continuously. Once you get used to picking your value targets and rotating them it is actually tons of fun, and more so than a Sage. Well, imho. ;)

when i get bored of healing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YdusXgim4&list=PLHUVjJ925gvkwvecjaHhx1dnLkvF46fMP

Operative healer is a lot of fun for me. more challenging than sorc or merc IHMO and keeps me engaged. tanks are nice to have and good peels on the dps but not needed for every situation. when i get bored i steal caps...that 7 vs 2 (eventually) stealing and defending the entire cap time on hypergate was a ton of fun :rak_03: