Those SWTOR/MMO Moments

DSpectre

One of my noob moments. It was a year or two ago, and I was playing my Sith Warrior on Voss. I needed a couple more exp to level and was getting my butt handed to me by a quest, so I was hoping that leveling would solve some of that as I already had a new hilt and some gear that would help.

I see a bunch of Republic guys standing around, near this cliff face, that has a long path above it. And I see a blue inter actable item. I think to myself SCORE LORE ITEM! I can level, equip this stuff, and go back an finish this quest. At the time there were like 7-10 Republic guys hanging out but I figured, I wasn't flagged or anything, no issues. So I click the blue inter actable item.

That is when all hell broke loose and I summoned a world boss; much to my chagrin and embarrassment. I ran like hell and I think I wiped out all the republic players, I almost logged on a Republic toon and apologized but I was too embarrassed and logged off.

Edited by Tazhok

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a bunch of Republic guys standing around, near this cliff face, that has a long path above it. And I see a blue inter actable item. I think to myself SCORE LORE ITEM! I can level, equip this stuff, and go back an finish this quest. At the time there were like 7-10 Republic guys hanging out but I figured, I wasn't flagged or anything, no issues. So I click the blue inter actable item.

I believe everyone, at least once in the SWTOR career, has clicked that item. They should just label the damn thing "FREE CANDY".

Its in a spoiler as Sith Warrior spoilers

So I was fighting Baras on korriban, and as he started channelling voice of the emperor, my game suddenly glitched, the channelling immediately finished and he killed me, then i couldnt revive, So i sat there swearing at my computer for about 5 minutes.

I got so annoyed because every i tried to relog, i was still dead, so I said screw this, and left the game. About a month later I rejoined the game and i was able to revive, I went back to the Darth Baras fight and kept dying......god i was terrible at my warrior......

I believe everyone, at least once in the SWTOR career, has clicked that item. They should just label the damn thing "FREE CANDY".

They specifically mention that over at TVTropes as a perfect example of "schmuck bait."

So of course, after reading about exactly what would happen if I clicked it, when I saw it . . . yup, I clicked it.

Worth it.

Another one:

Doing Assault on Tython, fighting that elite major (I can't remember his name - Onis?)

He's laying down the orbital strikes. They kill me (as they have every time I have done this FP.) Lucky for me, I get a combat rez. So I pop back up and . . . immediately die to yet another orbital strike. Like, I took one step forward and then I was dead.

I do remember one story that is tragic, but with a happy ending.

In trying to find a guild on my 55 Juggernaut, I came across one run by a guy we'll call Dicky. He was recruiting for a roleplaying guild, and I was extremely happy, not having RP'd in ages. I quickly join, and am welcomed happily. There are something of 50 players online, in a guild of 85. Dicky here had been doing some mass-recruiting, trying to get as many people as possible.

I continued talking to Dicky, brought up that I had some experience running guilds and such, and it was also brought up that I was female. Upon hearing this, Dicky promoted me to "Emperor," giving me as much guild powers as possible. I'd been in the guild five minutes. And while this might sound bad, can I be blamed for wanting to keep some of that power?

As time goes on, I recruit some real RP'ers, and over the course of a few days I have a band of 8-10 loyal people who know what they're doing. Unfortunately, the rest of the guild does not. Dicky is inviting anyone and everyone, and we reach 180 members by day three.

The days pass until a week has gone by, and most of the true RP'ers are upset/concerned. Dicky can't run a guild, most people can't RP, and Dicky has made some rather inappropriate comments to multiple female members. A friend and myself work together to gather as many people in secret, preparing a mass exodus. In the end, we got 34 loyal members to leave.

We orchestrated the plan, and, let me tell you, it was beautiful. My friend started typing into chat, basically listing everything wrong. Dicky kicks him from the guild. Then it's my turn. I list my problems with him. He whispers me, and goes on in chat, practically crying about how his "wife" had "betrayed the emperor." I was cracking up at this point, and then we all /gquit.

In the end, we went on to start a much more successful, much more serious roleplaying guild. While it didn't last extremely long, the time our new guild lasted was very fun. I made some of my closest friends on SW:TOR thanks to that awful man Dicky.

I remember once, there was my old guild master, named A'thena, and back in the day, I wasn't as ICly strong as I am today(Meaning I was around level 40, and a mere acolyte in the guild), and our guild master...She god modded A LOT...Which means, in RP, she'd constantly do things that could be a toon killing move, without rolling, or asking if it was alright.

Anyways! She had just been brought back form a rakata mind trap, and my toon, Rikor, kinda told her off right before she was imprisoned in said trap, and she came out saying "Rikor, come give ole' A'thena a hug, for old times sake, yes?" *Evil grin*. And of course, I couldn't refuse...My main character ended up taking a lightsaber to the gut, and then slashed upward, cutting open his chest. :(

Are we still working with moments from other MMOs? Because I had a great moment in a different game a while back.

Planetside 2

I was on my New Conglomerate character, taking a Terran Republic base. I had just cleared off a hallway with three enemy players in it (a remarkable feat, considering I usually die after killing just one opponent) as I heard gunfire coming from an adjacent building. I jumped from the second story to the ground and ran in the door just in time to see a lone friendly player finish teamkilling one of our own squads. He turned to leave, presumably to flee to another part of the battle to further weaken our efforts, when he found himself face-to-face with me. The traitor frantically tried to reload, but to no avail. I emptied a barrage of Gauss rounds into his face at point blank range, killing him almost instantly. One of the most satisfying kills of my gaming career.

Edited by bionamaster

I remember once, there was my old guild master, named A'thena, and back in the day, I wasn't as ICly strong as I am today(Meaning I was around level 40, and a mere acolyte in the guild), and our guild master...She god modded A LOT...Which means, in RP, she'd constantly do things that could be a toon killing move, without rolling, or asking if it was alright.

Anyways! She had just been brought back form a rakata mind trap, and my toon, Rikor, kinda told her off right before she was imprisoned in said trap, and she came out saying "Rikor, come give ole' A'thena a hug, for old times sake, yes?" *Evil grin*. And of course, I couldn't refuse...My main character ended up taking a lightsaber to the gut, and then slashed upward, cutting open his chest. :(

I heard stories of that rather crazy person from someone else... Regardless, they sound absolutely insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a doozy of an encounter...

Minding my own business GSI grinding on Ald when a call comes over general "can someone help me?"... nothing unusual there really considering it's a grinding planet... a couple of people ask for a little more detail - no response.

2 Minutes later, the same guy asks again, so I end up sending him a /whisper to see what the bother is. Apparently this poor soul's having trouble with his class quest, I ask him the usuals - is he the right level? is he and the comp appropriately geared? both answers are yes - I do a quick /who to find out what class he is (Sin) and ask him to double check Khem's gear and that it's defense based as he's mentioned the companion won't tank - to which he replies "Khem? I'm using Revel" /facepalm number 1.

This gentlemen then proceeds to ask me whether Sin or Mara's better for DPS, and I tell him Mara (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it's ages since I've played my sin) but then proceeds to log his mara in... and asks me how can he do the quest he was having trouble with on his Sin... /facepalm number 2

I once had faith in humanity...... once

Waiting for balloon to the datacron in Tatooine an imperial player stood there too. We /bowed and decided to wait together. Had a bit of a chat. Got on the balloon and dropped down - on the wrong side of the vehicle! Both of us jumping and jumping, couldn't get to the datacron! So we decided I'd try to detonate him to the other side, which worked. He then returned and force pushed me onto the other side. We both dropped off to get the second datacron on the vehicle.

So glad opposing factions can communicate properly!

Trying to get HK. Just need the last piece. Get into HM Foundry. Little difficulty, even though most of us hadn't done it before. Only a couple of deaths. Get to the last fight. Take him down to about 1/3 health And then . . .

Hailstorm knocks out my internet connection. Oh well. Maybe next time.

My Guild and I were running some Warzones last night. We ended up in an extremely intense Novare Coast match. We started out capping the Middle and Western turrets, and held the line. The Imps wouldn't go down easily thanks to their extremely talented Sorc, but evenbtually their numbers began to drop. Then they stealthily capped our Western turret. The battle raged on, and eventually we were at 2% to their 20%. But at the last moment, one of our Officers and I captured the Eastern turret, and we won. It was the most intense match I've ever been in in SWTOR.

• 1 month later...

Going for the overwatch achievement. Having tremendous difficulty, of course. I think I managed to fail at every step of the way, even the easy ones.

No matter. In the home stretch. Approaching his platform. I could walk across, but better play it safe and jump . . . and I jump past him . . . and past the platform . . . onto the hangar floor below.

As I fly past him, "Achievement Unlocked"!

So it's not so much "Meet the Sniper" as it is "Glance in the Sniper's General Direction as You Plummet Hilariously to Near Death."

A long time ago, I joined a small 2 person guild run by a couple from the same country as me.

They were very nice and friendly and helpful and we had a great time.

But then I became unemployed and couldn't afford to sub any more so I left the game (before it went F2P).

I came back again a few months later and found that I was the guild leader now.

There was no MOTD and checking the logs I could see that the other members had not been online for several months.

So I waited a week, logging on as often as I could, to see if they showed up.

Nothing.

Sent their characters an e-mail in-game asking where they were.

Waited a few more weeks.

Nothing.

So, I looked in the guild bank, and there was no cash but a tab full of mats and some gear. (Now 1½ months after I started playing and 3-4 months after they last were online)

So I sold the stuff and disbanded the guild.

Wasn't much there, like I said, so I made maby 200k off it.

TWO DAYS LATER I get an e-mail from one of them asking why all their characters were kicked from the guild.

I explained the situation and told them I was very sorry and willing to pay them back or get their gear back by buying it off the GTN.

But, they just accused me on doing it on purpose to ruin them and told me they were never going to play the game again.

I never heard from them again :(

A long time ago, I joined a small 2 person guild run by a couple from the same country as me.

They were very nice and friendly and helpful and we had a great time.

But then I became unemployed and couldn't afford to sub any more so I left the game (before it went F2P).

I came back again a few months later and found that I was the guild leader now.

There was no MOTD and checking the logs I could see that the other members had not been online for several months.

So I waited a week, logging on as often as I could, to see if they showed up.

Nothing.

Sent their characters an e-mail in-game asking where they were.

Waited a few more weeks.

Nothing.

So, I looked in the guild bank, and there was no cash but a tab full of mats and some gear. (Now 1½ months after I started playing and 3-4 months after they last were online)

So I sold the stuff and disbanded the guild.

Wasn't much there, like I said, so I made maby 200k off it.

TWO DAYS LATER I get an e-mail from one of them asking why all their characters were kicked from the guild.

I explained the situation and told them I was very sorry and willing to pay them back or get their gear back by buying it off the GTN.

But, they just accused me on doing it on purpose to ruin them and told me they were never going to play the game again.

I never heard from them again :(

LOL...... Thats great.... I would have been like "Im sorry but being Guild Leader I found it in the best interest of the guild to remove those who have not been playing"

I Think i'll post these up on an Image share site saying "The good moments of SWTOR that make you want to play the game" or something along those lines.

SO i'll start on the ones i have already since they all seem to be good towards NICE moments.

Maybe we can start getting Guilty Confessions of things you did in SWTOR to intentionally cause chaos or grief? Hoping to get some good ones!

PS I enjoy reading all your replies, i'll see if i can add one or two more of my own sometime soon when i have a few minutes.

Happy Gaming!

-Nikki <3

Ok, i think this will be w good one. So:

DP first boss. Bestia. After two wipes three people raged and quit ops. I was waiting for replacement one!!! hour. After that time i got pretty bored with /slap on bestia so i Warned the group that i will try to solo her. Half of th e people went out of the room and the other half did not. I started countdown and attacked. The people outside were "lol-ing" and the ones inside were: what the **** are you doing?

I replied that i gave them a warning and over a minute to leave the room. They answered that he would not think i will be so stupid. (Me? Uhm...) and got booted from group confused...

Written from tab so sorry for any typos i made.

So I thought I'd share this story:

A few weeks ago I had been doing lowbie pvp with a few friends (I was a level 20-something Scoundrel, friends were a level 22 Sentinel and a level 18 or so Vanguard, this was the Vanguard's first pvp match)

We got Ancient Hypergate, the Sentinel and I explained how the game works to the Vanguard, and we jumped into the fray.

For the first half of the game, our team is getting decimated, the Imperials have a large lead over us, and it was at the point where the Imps needed one more round to win, so I decide "Screw it, let's go for a stealth cap." My Sentinel friend and another Scoundrel decide to follow me, while the Vanguard said he'd try to keep them occupied in the center.

We get there, there's one guard around the tower, all orbs had just been deposited, and the Sentinel is hiding behind a rock. I stun the guard from stealth, the other scoundrel begins capturing the pylon, and I stun the guard again with flash grenade when he uses his CC break. We cap the pylon, the three of us kill the guard, and the other scoundrel and I immediately stealth, unwittingly leaving the Sentinel out alone when all 8 members of the other team charge the pylon. After he went down, the other Scoundrel and I manage to keep the Pylon from being captured for the next 30 seconds, which put our team in the lead, and led to a victory for the match.

One of my best memories from lowbie-pvp, and somehow our Vanguard managed to go from three commendations to be mvp for our team from his actions in the center. When we asked what he did, his response was: "I don't know.."

Wanted to share my story, though it's not a fun one. More like a dramatic one, imo. Forgive lenght.

I was recruited into the Guild I am still in on Rep Side on my day one, when F2P went on. I was extremely new, but the GM who recruited me seemed quite willing to help me learn my things.

So, first month or so was me playing and focusing on learning, never using chat and working on my first char - Jedi Guardian, Tank speeced. ;)

However, come the end of the year, I got to befriend a couple of people, but noticed the whole Officiers team and the GM were basically nowhere to be found. :(

As some met to address the issue, we chose one of us to take the message to the GM. Day after, GM officially left game and made that person GM.

That person did her best - claimed to be female, and while I do believe her, I'm referring to her avatar here - to take the Guild back in shape, and thus asked for volunteers to become Officiers.

I told her and the others that I was still fairly new, but they were so supportive that I accepted anyway my seat as RP lower Officier. ;)

Time went by, our Guild went to raiding and running PvP premades. I got to help there aswell, becoming a good tank on the way. Basically, I was always running an event, no matter the kind, also filling absents' places with my characters.

Still, part of the Officiers' team claimed the GM was not doing her part, since I had to fill in. She just confessed me she was having a really bad time in RL, which is why I took it upon me to work harder, and while I kept details to myself, I also managed to get the Officiers to trust me there. :o

GM came back and did her best again.

Time went by, some Officiers had to leave game and we obviously replaced them. I got to Higher RP Officier, and trained two supporters for my seat, since for some reason I was always needed somewhere doing something else. The GM was kind of elitist with us Officiers, always wanting us to do our best, but tbh I liked that.

Others didn't, it seems. While I was 3rd in command - she chose another as her right-hand-man to avoid voices about my supposed love for her to spread on my request - I was also tasked with gathering complains and suggestions.

One day, out of the blue, I logged in and saw the GM and her second in command arguing publicly on how the Guild was going to shambles. Boy, was I shocked! :eek:

I did my best to keep things civil, but to no avail. GM left Guild making the second in command GM, and two Officiers she handpicked to help, and that were always extremely helpful were kicked too. I stepped down from my rank right away but still remained in that Guild - still had friends there, and I still have.

We moved on Imp Side, turning the Alt Guild we had there into our new home. I of course did as I did before, helping wherever and whenever needed. We got to raid there aswell, but at one point our GM got depressed, the way they treated her - a minority of Officiers, actually, if she wanted she could have kicked them, but she felt they had the same right to be there that she had - really dug on her. :(

She took a few days off and in the end, left game. Too many painful memories, though she was really sorry I was going to remain, for that meant we'd lose track of each other. I was actually what you'd call a bodyguard. Yet I got to become GM, that day, and I kept working to make things right.

Sadly, it lasted only a few more months: my RL got a mess, and I had to leave for half a year straight. Passed GM rank to my own second in command - another woman, good worker with a not bad leadership skill level - and proceeded to clear things up.

As I returned, that Guild was gone, 99% of people left game altogether. :(

Even the GM, pregnancy and so on - also got pics via email. Nice kid. :o

At any rate, I was still in my first Guild on Rep Side, but enormous changes happened there too: GM was gone, another, reasonable guy was GM in his place and most Officiers migrated to the twin Imp Guild. I was offered second in command rank as soon as I logged, but sadly I decided it was not my thing. In the end, as I found ont, ppl kept talking about me those whole 9 months, since I stepped down. I obviously offered to help if needed, just... not as an Officier. Too many painful moments there...

Well, right now I am still there on Rep Side, mostly helping with whatever, though RP died as I was off. :(

On Imp Side, I found a RP Guild of really high level, which is why I am satisfied for the moment, though that 1% of Imp Side Guildies from the old times keep messaging me and saying hello, to remember the old times. I feel moved anytime one of them takes a moment to ask me how am I doing, calling me for a raid or a WZ. I also got asked to retake my role in the new Guilds they joined/founded, but I always refused, it's not my thing, obviously.

So, here we are now. A story beginning in an average way, growing glorious and getting dramatic... while stabilizing in the end on a sad and yet moving note. Hope you like it. :)

If there was a crying face with smile it'd be here, but since there isn't... this one will do. :o

I'm not trying to brag here, but it is my favorite moment so far in SWTOR:

I must have spent hours and hours grinding creds for the casino event. My luck is usually so terrible that I figured it would take the better part of two months and millions if I were to even win the Rancor. I ended up with just over 3 mil and logged in right at 11am edt when the event went live. Went straight to the casino from the fleet, bought 50k worth of smuggler tokens and played the smuggler machines for about 5 minutes until I got roughly 7 Kingpin tokens. I went over to the kingpin machine and won the rancor on the 3rd click... probably even the server first who knows.

My luck is never that good... well not usually :)

Not an MMO, per se, but still a multiplayer game. Very interesting experience I thought I might share.

Rust

After dealing with the despicable bandits and murderers that is the average Rust community on the Official Servers, my friend and I settled down on an abandoned server with rules that we liked. Things went well, but eventually a fresh player joined our server. Deciding to go against the untold rules of "kill everyone on sight" Rust players are wont to follow, I found him and supplied him with what he needed to get started. Thinking I had befriended the player (who was very young, judging by the way he acted) I logged off for the night while my friend stayed on to gather materials and blueprints (for those of you unfamiliar with the game, when you log out of a Rust server, your character stays online and sleeps, still vulnerable to murder and looting).

I logged in the next morning to the news that our newfound friend had raided our base (a small camp set up in an abandoned warehouse), leaving just enough time for my friend to take my gear and some of the supplies we gathered and flee into the mountains. After respawning in the wilderness, since my Steam friend had to kill my character in order to take my supplies to safety, I managed to meet up with him. He also supplied me with an M4, a powerful assault rifle, and we waited tensely in an abandoned hangar until morning, when we set off in search of the traitor. Fortunately for us, he gave away his position with a blatant trap ("ill give a free m4 to the first person who finds me! im waiting at your old base"). This is where the story becomes truly intense.

We approached the warehouse. My friend hung back with a bow, playing the role of the sniper in case I couldn't reach the traitor in time. I crouched next to the entrance to the hangar, my heartbeat actually audible in real life. Just as I was preparing to go in guns blazing, I saw a single chat message appear on my screen: "hi". I whirled around to see the scumbag standing behind me with a rifle pointed at my head. For whatever reason, he didn't kill me immediately, giving me time to blow him away with a hail of bullets to the head. We took what gear that we could from his pack (including his own M4 with plenty of room for attatchments, which I still use to this day) and ran into the wilderness, warning him that if we ever saw him again we would kill him. I think I will always remember seeing him standing over me like that.

Anyway, he left the server. Came back a few days later, after we had gotten enough explosives to break into his base and destroy what possessions he had in there. He saw what we had done, swore at us, and left, never to be heard from again. The rest of the players we've run into on the server have been nice enough, fortunately. But we don't give them supplies anymore.

Swtor - I'm level 54 trying to get warzone commendations so I can buy 2 relics at 55. A wz pops and I jump in, I take the West Point and guard that while my team mates try but fail to capture the central point. The ops leader gets quite mad with everybody's performance. My response is that I don't mind losing quickly since I just want the daily/weekly quest. A few others pipe up that's all they want too. So we all move to guard the west point and leave the imps to have the others and everybody (even the imps) stand around until it's done. Was nice for a few of us anyway :)

Earth and beyond - an EA space sim mmo and probably my fondest memories of any mmo. I loved every about this game and my Jenquai explorer who could wormhole from one end of the galaxy to the other. I was so excited about The first wormhole skill I got (no other class had quick travel type skills) I gave everybody free trips for an hour.

Anarchy online - I believe this game is still running, truly no great moments as it was such a grind. There is something to be said for faster levelling nowadays.

Lotro - I played a captain, one of those classes people want in a group but don't want to play. My favourite memory is running a group with myself and 5 hunters burning down a fp (or whatever the term is in that game, it's been awhile) in record time. I could buff DMg and off heal... I miss having a utility class to play instead of this tank/dps/heal simplicity.