From legacy to elite war hero?

heechJunzi

Hi folks,

I've been grinding a lot of rwz comms, buying war hero gear, and then sending it to my new alt as legacy gear. So, it looks like my op will hit 50 and have 4-5 war hero pieces waiting for him.

But thinking ahead... how am I going to get elite war hero gear for my op agent? The war hero shells are with my *other* toons. Does this mean my other toons will forever have to grind the elite war hero gear (and whatever subsequent tier) for the op agent? Is there any other way around this?

Any chance Bioware will let us turn in legacy gear with war hero armoring, and get elite war hero?

Essentially, you have 2 options. Either get your ranked comms on your main that has the war hero pieces and trade in and swap for elite war hero like you're doing now and pass them through legacy gear or use the 5 pieces as a good start and pick up those BM and WH pieces after getting everything else so you have them to trade in later.

As of now, the only Elite War Hero pieces available are weapons, and those you can get by the same method you've been using (which may or may not be legit) with the Legacy Bowcasters from the recent event

I'm really thinking ahead to whenever the full set of elite gear comes out. The mainhand.. I don't have the legacy weapon so I have to grind it anyways.

Hopefully they will provide direct upgrade path from legacy.

I have been playing this game since it came out with some short breaks interspersed, but have really only played on my vanguard. I have a few low level alts but I'm leveling one up right now. How do you send WH gear to your alt? I didnt know this was even possible (probably because i never paid attention as until now i have really only played the one class). Sorry if this is a really noob question. I appreciate any information you may have. thanks again.

I have been playing this game since it came out with some short breaks interspersed, but have really only played on my vanguard. I have a few low level alts but I'm leveling one up right now. How do you send WH gear to your alt? I didnt know this was even possible (probably because i never paid attention as until now i have really only played the one class). Sorry if this is a really noob question. I appreciate any information you may have. thanks again.

You can put modifications into the legacy gear sold at the vendors on the starter worlds (DK and Coruscant). You get BM and WH gear for the main pieces, pull out the WH mods and stick them in the legacy gear. This gear can then be used by anyone in your legacy or you can pull the mods out when it gets there and put it in any orange gear. This allows you to bypass the BoP part of PVP gear. Only the 5 main pieces are sold as legacy gear though, so you will still have to gear up on the alt somewhat, but it makes things much easier.

PM'd you with specifics

You can put modifications into the legacy gear sold at the vendors on the starter worlds (DK and Coruscant). You get BM and WH gear for the main pieces, pull out the WH mods and stick them in the legacy gear. This gear can then be used by anyone in your legacy or you can pull the mods out when it gets there and put it in any orange gear. This allows you to bypass the BoP part of PVP gear. Only the 5 main pieces are sold as legacy gear though, so you will still have to gear up on the alt somewhat, but it makes things much easier.

^^ But this too :D good luck with it and enjoy

I'm wondering, could you do this to get War Hero mods from lower level alts when they hit 50 after banking comms, to a toon you already have level 50 that is undergeared?

For example, when an alt hits 50, take the banked comms, buy WH gear, strip the mods and put in legacy gear and send it to the 50 that has been collecting dust. Then; after you are done with alts, you have a 50 that isnt so far behind from sitting taht you then use to grind out actual WH pieces themselve to then trade for EWH armor, sending stripped mods back to the alts and therefore getting them geared as well.

I'm wondering, could you do this to get War Hero mods from lower level alts when they hit 50 after banking comms, to a toon you already have level 50 that is undergeared?

For example, when an alt hits 50, take the banked comms, buy WH gear, strip the mods and put in legacy gear and send it to the 50 that has been collecting dust. Then; after you are done with alts, you have a 50 that isnt so far behind from sitting taht you then use to grind out actual WH pieces themselve to then trade for EWH armor, sending stripped mods back to the alts and therefore getting them geared as well.

You are restricted from purchasing BM and WH gear until you hit 50, so this will not work.

Edit: I may have misread, but you can send mods from any gear bound to you through legacy gear to any alt, although currently legacy gear is only available for chest, hands, feet, head, and legs.

Edited by Jadescythe

Yes, you can definitely do this. But why not just play wz's with your main?

I think he saying, have all his alts, as they hit 50, buy a different piece or 2, so one toon ends up with full (or close to it) and then farms pieces for the rest. Seems like too much trouble for me but whatever...