Coming back after a year : What is the waiting time?

Hello all,

I've reinstalled SWTOR this last weekend and was hoping to bring back my brother as well. His biggest concern (and I would say that it's also mine) is the waiting time to find groups for flashpoints, operations and heroic missions.

Here are a couple of questions :

- Is there a "LFG" tool now? Does it work for everything, even heroic missions?

- How long do you need to wait, in average, to have a 5men formed? (Peak hours versus any other time of day)

I'm just curious cause well, "Instances" are what we enjoy doing the most and of course, if we can't do that (because of long waiting time), chances are we'll stop playing after the first month... :(

Thank you for your help, see you in game :)

Hello all,

I've reinstalled SWTOR this last weekend and was hoping to bring back my brother as well. His biggest concern (and I would say that it's also mine) is the waiting time to find groups for flashpoints, operations and heroic missions.

Here are a couple of questions :

- How long do you need to wait, in average, to have a 5men formed? (Peak hours versus any other time of day)

I'm just curious cause well, "Instances" are what we enjoy doing the most and of course, if we can't do that (because of long waiting time), chances are we'll stop playing after the first month... :(

Thank you for your help, see you in game :)

Summary TL;DR

Is it "relatively" easy to find a group for instances? By easy I mean "it doesn't take an hour +"

Thank you

Edited by Deamonition

The LFG tool's time depends on what your doing (low level FP's) Versus 50 or 55 FP's, but for 50+ Tanks/healers get them to pop quickly, while DPS may have to sit there for awhile. Sometimes (depending on the time of day your on), it can take 40+ minutes for a DPS to get put into a HM FP.

If one of you plays a tank and the other a healer, group together then queue you are pretty much guaranteed an instant group. If you're both DPS and queuing together you're going to be sol

Ok thanks, that's pretty much what I was expecting. For sure one of us will role tank and perhaps I'll create another to have a healer. But ya, when we first played (at launch) we were tank+dps. It was relatively long to find groups, but decent.

Thanks for the information

What my bro and I do is we always que with one of our tank toons while the other dps, that almost always ensures a quick que and allows us to also gear our dps. Also is always nice knowing you'll have a decent tank with you :D

What my bro and I do is we always que with one of our tank toons while the other dps, that almost always ensures a quick que and allows us to also gear our dps. Also is always nice knowing you'll have a decent tank with you :D

What about level 50+ Operations? I read somewhere on the forums that it is not possible to use the group finder for level 50ish Operations?

Is that true and why? Kind of look dumb to me. How difficult would it be to just add them to the list of instances available in the group finder?

You can que for 50 ops before you hit 55, after only 55 ops, however you can still que for 50 fps. Also, try forming pug groups, I have no issue starting a group aside from hm 55 ops and that is only due to finding people who are either willing to run alts or guildless who know all the fights is hard. For SM ops even pre 50 you should have no issue forming groups for them. Just don't sit around and wait for que or someone to form a group, do it yourself and it'll be easier, plus it gets your name out there which is HUGE. Eventually you'll either have a guild to run with or people hitting you up when you log on to join them.

- Yes, but nobody ever uses it for the heroic missions. It can't transport you to it like it can for flashpoints and operations so usually people just use general chat for those.

- As others stated, tanks and healers usually get very fast pops, DPS will vary depending on server, time of day, level, and just luck in general. I find that DPS queues for level 55 hard modes on the Harbinger are not all that bad, maybe 10-30 minutes. (it's 4-man in swtor, not 5)

Queue times vary significantly by server. In general, tanks have shorter queue times than healers have shorter queue times than damage dealers.

Group quality varies significantly, by server and by chance.

It is possible to queue with a pre-formed group for instant transportation and additional rewards.