New Planets and Good Reasons

Imbolance

I didn't know where else to put this so I'll put it here. I personally hope they plan on expanding the galaxy and adding new planets to explore and maybe even just small ones for minor purposes. I was thinking of good planets that would be lore friendly and very 'workable' with the game story and setting.

I vote Dxun. Why?

1. Lots of history and several battles taken place there making it easy to make minor quests, be it for biological or archaeological purposes.

2. The ruins of the Sith tomb and old battle fields would make for good areas to gather for the crew skills:

a. armstech (because of all the weapons technology that has been left behind, specifically in the mandalorian caches stated in KotOR2)

b. armormech (because of the scrap metals left behind from past battles, as well as the heavily armored zakkegs and orbalisks that inhabit the planet)

c. biochem (because of the abundance of organic life)

d. even artifice and synthweaving, (because of the Jedi and Sith that have died on the planet in past battles)

3. The gathering crew skills of archaeology, bioanalysis, scavenging, and even slicing could be used efficiently without unsettling the lore-addicted crowd.

4. Two notable locations in the past have existed on Dxun, both with relation to the current Sith Empire, the Mandalorian Outpost of the Neo-Crusaders, as well as the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Perfect opportunity for many quests for the Empire faction.

5. New bestiary codex could include Zakkeg, Boma, Cannok, Maalraas, Orbalisks, Drexls. Not necessarily saying all are needed but Drexl, Zakkeg, Cannoks, and Orbalisks would be a near must. With some of theese beasts being similar to other existing game models alterations would not be too difficult or time consuming.

6. Other quests lines and potential enemies on Dxun could include not only those beast and the Sith and Mandalorian historical sites but could even include the Beast Riders of Onderon having maybe only a handful or a sect having gone to Dxun, thereby increasing quest and lore potential since technically it isn't stated the Beast Riders relocated to Dxun but it never says some didn't. Anyways it would make more sense if they did seeing as they're "Beast Riders" and Dxun is right 'next door,' with a much larger abundance of beasts.

7. Jedi and specifically, Revan and Meetra Surik's history on this planet, as well as former Republic involvement could be manipulated to add Republic faction quests as well.

Just my current thoughts that I can process at the moment why I think this would be one of the best planets to include and why I think this one specifically has far more to offer in terms of the game's lore and system of crew skills and bestiary as well as quest purposes. I was wondering if anyone else had any other planets that they could give detailed information why they would be great additions as well, Hopefully, someone important sees this and a light bulb brightens for patch or expansion future ideas.

I say if we want more planets in SWTOR we bring in some of the planets from the SWTOR timelines and planets that were only mentioned by name in THE ESSENTIAL ATLAS (ie: planets that now have flashpoints: Kaon, Cademimu, Athiss; they were actually in the list of all the planets but they were only mentioned by name).

I agree, planets such as those and others that are briefly mentioned in the KotOR games or elsewhere would be great because there is not too great a quantity of canonical information given for such planets so Bioware would have more than enough 'play' room to make them far more exceptional additions than commonly known and seen planets. I don't think I'd mind to not see planets such as Dac or even Geonosis.

Naboo however would be another great addition for similar reasons.

1. Such as planetary ruins and abundance of named, canonical fauna such as faambaa.

2. The Gungans and Naboo never really liked each other much and you can't find a reason. Perhaps the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic competing for the presently canonical wealth of the planet could further quest lore. Perhaps the Sith wanted a portion of the wealth and saw the warlike Gungans as a means to subvert the Republic-supporting Naboo.

3. The planet has diverse but very Earth-like terrain making it not too difficult to create working models. And I don't think I stand alone when I say Naboo architecture is beautiful and many of us would love to see it in the graphical quality of SWTOR.

I agree, planets such as those and others that are briefly mentioned in the KotOR games or elsewhere would be great because there is not too great a quantity of canonical information given for such planets so Bioware would have more than enough 'play' room to make them far more exceptional additions than commonly known and seen planets. I don't think I'd mind to not see planets such as Dac or even Geonosis.

Naboo however would be another great addition for similar reasons.

1. Such as planetary ruins and abundance of named, canonical fauna such as faambaa.

2. The Gungans and Naboo never really liked each other much and you can't find a reason. Perhaps the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic competing for the presently canonical wealth of the planet could further quest lore. Perhaps the Sith wanted a portion of the wealth and saw the warlike Gungans as a means to subvert the Republic-supporting Naboo.

3. The planet has diverse but very Earth-like terrain making it not too difficult to create working models. And I don't think I stand alone when I say Naboo architecture is beautiful and many of us would love to see it in the graphical quality of SWTOR.

yeah i think bioware could do great things with naboo and make it look amazing. but was naboo in the galactic community at this time...? cant remember and cba checking wookieepedia...maybe im thinking of endor..

It can be tough to keep the timeline straight.....this era is 3463-3641 BBY. So, many of the planets we know now well have not even been discovered, much less populated. But there are several I have seen mentioned in other articles.

Here's an interesting read on the same topic from IGN...

http://torwars.com/2012/02/09/ign-five-planets-the-old-republic-needs/