Any plans Eric to stop exploit in pvp ?

Tiberi

Yep. People are bypassing the forcefields and flipping nodes before the match even begins. Seen it once so far this week in Novare Coast also.

No one is happy about the hacks. People on the team of the hackers are upset and so are the ones on the opposite team.

EQ1 developed a serious problem with hacks after about 6 years, and what happened was it made some players quit altogether. When the game's integrity is compromised and you can't play fair competitive PVP it forces you to stop playing.

I have never understood cheaters/hacks. It's very selfish because if they really cared about the game at all they'd recognize they are pushing people off the game with their hacks.

People will ridicule this post as they seem to think is funny and cool to do, but the hacks are occurring more now than ever. I think before they were extremely rare, I never seen hacks for 4+ years personally.

In the past 2 weeks I have seen 3 occurrences of hacks and there's no mistaking what I seen. It wasn't a guy disappearing inexplicably, it was going through walls and bypassing the starting points before the match even begins.

No, it's not predation, and no it's not phasewalk allowing the sneaky sorc to reach the node before anyone else can get there. There's no mistaking this kind of activity because there's simply no abilities that allow a player to bypass starting point forcefields and take nodes or grab the ball before anyone else has even moved out of the starting area.

If im not mistaken, the july 31 patch will address this as those who attempt this would be auto killed.

Right. That's what I understood too.

I know for fact these type of hacks are occurring so dying when bypassing walls ought to stop a lot of what's going on atm. There's no question there are some legit hacks occurring and thankfully the devs are addressing them.

If im not mistaken, the july 31 patch will address this as those who attempt this would be auto killed.

Yes, fingers crossed that hack will no longer work. But what about other forms for cheating in the game? It won’t stop flying, speed or teleporting hacks.

What we need is a better and easier way to report them and for Bioware to put in place some punishments that hurt the hackers.

Does it address everything, no, but its a start.

I personally find people that take advantage in a video game somewhere below that white spec on top of chicken poop, but ive also been around these games long enough to know its always going to be out there.

sidenote, had a guy using every possible hack in existence in a game the other night on Star Forge, out of the gate early, teleports, speed hacks.. the full monty of "i cant actually play this game and have a very small peepee" on display... the truly funny part, we still beat them after he had us three capped before the gate went down, lol

Does it address everything, no, but its a start.

I personally find people that take advantage in a video game somewhere below that white spec on top of chicken poop, but ive also been around these games long enough to know its always going to be out there.

sidenote, had a guy using every possible hack in existence in a game the other night on Star Forge, out of the gate early, teleports, speed hacks.. the full monty of "i cant actually play this game and have a very small peepee" on display... the truly funny part, we still beat them after he had us three capped before the gate went down, lol

It’s always fun stomping scrub hackers. It just proves how bad they really are. Imagine how bad they’d appear if they didn’t hack ;)

Edit: I played about 7 matches with you the other day. It was heaps of fun :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yes, fingers crossed that hack will no longer work. But what about other forms for cheating in the game? It won’t stop flying, speed or teleporting hacks.

What we need is a better and easier way to report them and for Bioware to put in place some punishments that hurt the hackers.

It may not stop speed hackers, but in theory if you're flying or teleporting the game should see that you're in a place a player normally cant go and will kill you.

It’s always fun stomping scrub hackers. It just proves how bad they really are. Imagine how bad they’d appear if they didn’t hack ;)

Edit: I played about 7 matches with you the other day. It was heaps of fun :D

did you... say hello or let me know :) I can keep a secret

Good point! Maybe the devs can do some simulated hacks and test it out themselves with us.

Waste of dev time to develop hacks and distribute them

In theory though it will just work since they have to update their position on the server to cap a node or do something they have no choice but to stay in place until the match starts. I think it would be worth it if devs made sure nobody could start capping within the first couple of seconds just like a hypergate where node doesn't turn on after the start of a round until about 5-10 seconds in.

Edited by RACATW

did you... say hello or let me know :) I can keep a secret

I did say hi and threw a few balls on your head :D

We had one HB where you, me and another person tried to carry a team. We lost 3-6 cause our team wouldn’t help. I got our 3 goals with help from you two.

Waste of dev time to develop hacks and distribute them

In theory though it will just work since they have to update their position on the server to cap a node or do something they have no choice but to stay in place until the match starts. I think it would be worth it if devs made sure nobody could start capping within the first couple of seconds just like a hypergate where node doesn't turn on after the start of a round until about 5-10 seconds in.

I think the changes are more like out of bounds changes and not movement of positioning changes. If you go inside a wall or node, it’s out of bounds and you die. If you leave the confines of the respawn before the game starts, it’s out of bounds.

Flying would be a hard one because I’ve been blown up in the air by snipers and other push back affects when I leap. If I died each time I would be pissed. Its the same with teleporting, you’d have to remove phase walk as an ability or you’d die each time you used it.

I don’t believe the new changes will prevent some hacks, which is why they need to introduce an easier way to report cheating and add some real punishments.

I don’t believe the new changes will prevent some hacks, which is why they need to introduce an easier way to report cheating and add some real punishments.

Of course placing death barriers in "off limit" areas is not going to solve the problem of hackers that categorically and historically have been able to get to "off limit" areas.

Hackers find ways to hack. Period.

If Bioware wants to actually fix it, they would need to implement a system where hackers actually get banned. And loose. They dont, and Bioware won't do that because it would open itself up to the credibility of players that believe that just because a guild has gibberish words means its hacking.

Edited by septru

I did say hi and threw a few balls on your head :D

We had one HB where you, me and another person tried to carry a team. We lost 3-6 cause our team wouldn’t help. I got our 3 goals with help from you two.

Ah yes, ok... didnt realize that was you :) Dont have everyones alts down on SF yet i guess