Light and Dark side points?

BurpYoshi

Hi, I've tried to google this but have been unsuccessful. Is it possible to reach the top rank in both light and dark side points? or do they cancel each other out? If I get to top Light points level, and start gaining dark points will my light level lower as the dark rises? I'm not talking about alignment, I know that cancels out to neutral. I mean the actual tier levels that allow me to do things such as purchase light # or dark # items, is it possible to have both maxed at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Your alignment level is based on the sum of Lights Points - Dark Points = Alignment, and it is your alignment level that determines if you can purchase things from the Light/Dark vendors; not the number of points you have on the side. Max points, on either side, is 100,000. So, for example, Light 5 alignment is: 100,000 LS - 0 DS = 100,000 Light 5 and that would unlock everything on the LS vendor. Dark 5 would be the opposite: 0 LS - 100,000 DS = -100,000 Dark 5 and unlock everything on the DS vendor. If you have full LS and full DS (100,000 LS - 100,000 DS = 0) you would be neutral alignment, which would block you from anything on the alignment vendors that requires a specific alignment level. The only way to reach that point would be to hit max on one side then toggle to the opposing alignment and very carefully fill up the other side. You only start deducting points from one side after you have maxed (and continue to acquire) points on the other side. For example, a character with 100,000 LS points and 100 DS points would be Light 4. If your alignment toggle is set to Light and you earn 100 LS points they'll deduct from your DS points, but if your toggle is set to Dark and you gain 100 DS points then you would have 100,000 LS and 200 DS points. You'd still be Light 4 and would remain Light 4 until you earned enough DS points that your sum was below the threshold for Light 4 and you'd be knocked down to Light 3. Keep going and you'll keep dropping in Light levels until you're neutral. At this point you have full LS and DS meters and you'd start deducting LS points and moving up through the DS levels. It's very difficult to remain at exactly 100,000 LS and 100,000 DS and because your alignment is based on the sum of those two numbers you won't be able to have both the Light 5 and Dark 5 titles or access to the vendors.