10 Reasons Why PVE Players Shouldn't PVP

JoeyDeluxe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the "truth" as you claim it here seemed to be about 99% incorrect in describing me as a primarily PvE'r. So I wouldn't call it the truth but rather your misguided perception of the "truth", also known as [your opinion].

No it's pretty true you pve'ers are all keyboard turning, clicking abilities, stand in one place, tunnel visioning, gotta be the hero, spinal problem, derpy bads.

No it's pretty true you pve'ers are all keyboard turning, clicking abilities, stand in one place, tunnel visioning, gotta be the hero, spinal problem, derpy bads.

pretty much. I mean, occasionally you have mediocre pvpers who step into pve to be berated by self righteous pvers who can't take getting yelled at for not having recruit gear. These pvpers usually quit pveing, which is why the remaining people are people like this http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/zipperlips-4tw/Fat_Naked_Man.png

This, honestly pve isn't hard at all, it is merely learning the mechanic of a fight and not being 100% derp, you can still manage pve success as 90% derp though.

Edited by Natharon

This, honestly pve isn't hard at all, it is merely learning the mechanic of a fight and not being 100% derp, you can still manage pve success as 90% derp though.

I enjoy the trolling of this thread as much as anyone else, but if you don't think this statement applies to PvP in this game as well, you need to open your eyes.

I'm assuming that this thread is a troll, because no one can be that arrogant. The best PVE'ers and the best PvP'ers have the same amount of skill. Great raiders and great pvp'ers will be good at both, because they are skilled players. It is that simple. However, "hardcore" pvp'ers love to claim that pvp is somehow much more difficult because you go against other human players. That is true if you have two teams of very skilled players. However, 90% of the time warzones are filled with absolutely terrible players. Most players in this game have no idea how to play their classes. You really don't have to be that skilled to win a ranked pvp match. All you have to do is be better than the other team. However, in pve, you have to be better than the AI which is a static skill/gear check. I would say that clearing the hardest raid content is harder than winning a ranked pvp match.

If you think that pve doesn't have dumb pvp'ers who come in and mess everything up, you haven't experienced the following:

1. DPS that run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

2. Tanks that guard healers when the dps are pulling threat.

3. Tanks that don't pick up the strongest mobs first and dps that don't pick up the weaker mobs, letting the healer die and then blaming the healer.

4. Players that don't research the mechanics or ask for an explanation saying, "Well, its pve so it must be easy I can wing it" then die to the mechanics and then rage quit blaming the tank and/or healer.

My point is that there are bad players regardless if they pvp or pvp. It doesn't mean that you will suck at pvp if you mainly pve or vice versa. You will be pretty good at both if you are skilled. You will be pretty bad at both if you are not skilled.

Edited by bbare

Good thread, good thread.

Would read again.

OP's troll-rating for today: 8.5/10, well-done!

(NOTE: An actual 10/10 troll-rating is a theoretical ideal only, not realistically achievable by mortals. I've seen a few 9.995/10 trolls, but not on these forums, yet.)

I enjoy the trolling of this thread as much as anyone else, but if you don't think this statement applies to PvP in this game as well, you need to open your eyes.

Why don't you keyboard turn, click, and stand in one place against someone who strafes, keybinds, and rotates around you.

Why don't you keyboard turn, click, and stand in one place against someone who strafes, keybinds, and rotates around you.

even those three things take an abysmally low amount of skill.

Although, pvers have that level of skill (or lack thereof), so they perform worse for some reason O.o

even those three things take an abysmally low amount of skill.

Although, pvers have that level of skill (or lack thereof), so they perform worse for some reason O.o

That's the point being made. None of those things are hard to do so why do the pve bads insist on not doing them?

That's the point being made. None of those things are hard to do so why do the pve bads insist on not doing them?

I really don't know, you have a fair point, sir.

Excuse me for not catching it earlier.