Full 248 aug with lv50 relics?

Pazuzuh

Why I see so many ppl running PVP full 248 augmented (236) with lv50 relics (236 aug as well)?

Its some kind of way to cheat bolster or something and get even more stats?

I'm not sure how this works when you are fully 248, however - if you are under 242, and you use those winged relics - you get a huge boost to bolster. Those relics won't proc (pve) but you end up getting a pretty decent boost to stats. Try it out at the bolster terminal on fleet.

lvl 50 wind crystal relics bolster to higher hp but less damage and hps than 248 relics

Slightly incorrect when calculating the raw stat uptime. You can do the math, 248 are better for DPS/HPS. "Very roughly, the GEMINI MK-5 relics pull ahead of the Wind Crystal relics at about 27% proc uptime."

Wind crystals will always give slightly more HP though.

Edited by kissingaiur

I found when I came back I had many characters at lvl 50 with old pvp relics, but the augment slots would take the newer level Augs and they activated in War zones.

I know about the other crystals, but this may add to some of the stats being seen.

PS With the low pops and the current bolster I do not feel like I want or need to grind the better gear if I work on knowing how to work bolster and play the class.

• 2 weeks later...
I found when I came back I had many characters at lvl 50 with old pvp relics, but the augment slots would take the newer level Augs and they activated in War zones.

I know about the other crystals, but this may add to some of the stats being seen.

PS With the low pops and the current bolster I do not feel like I want or need to grind the better gear if I work on knowing how to work bolster and play the class.

With Bolster only set at 242, you are already 2 gear lvls lower than 242. Add the highest Augments to 248 and it is nearly 3 times higher than 242. Then when 5.9 comes out, we are supposed to be getting even higher lvl Augments, which could push that gear distance up to 4 lvls above 242 bolstered gear.

You might think adding Augments to gear under 242 would help you. But it actually has a negative affect on your bolstered gear because Bolster also looks at your total gear stats and if they go above 242, your gear can stop bolstering all together or very minimally. It can also get confused and it becomes even more confusing trying to make sure you have the best stats you can get.

The best method that I know of is to not Augment any gear until you have all 242 items or higher. Once you get past the Bolster cap, all stats should stay the same in and out of pvp.

A little late to the conversation, but...

Slightly incorrect when calculating the raw stat uptime. You can do the math, 248 are better for DPS/HPS. "Very roughly, the GEMINI MK-5 relics pull ahead of the Wind Crystal relics at about 27% proc uptime."

Wind crystals will always give slightly more HP though.

You basically said the same thing that you quoted and said was incorrect. It's all moot since these are being "fixed" with today's patch.

With Bolster only set at 242, you are already 2 gear lvls lower than 242. Add the highest Augments to 248 and it is nearly 3 times higher than 242. Then when 5.9 comes out, we are supposed to be getting even higher lvl Augments, which could push that gear distance up to 4 lvls above 242 bolstered gear.

You might think adding Augments to gear under 242 would help you. But it actually has a negative affect on your bolstered gear because Bolster also looks at your total gear stats and if they go above 242, your gear can stop bolstering all together or very minimally. It can also get confused and it becomes even more confusing trying to make sure you have the best stats you can get.

The best method that I know of is to not Augment any gear until you have all 242 items or higher. Once you get past the Bolster cap, all stats should stay the same in and out of pvp.

In case anyone missed it in the patch notes for 5.7:

Players who are not wearing Augments or who have Augments below item rating 208 will now have Bolstered stats as if they were equipped with item rating 208 Augments (up from 150).