Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

Ok, so I am playing a Jedi counsler shadow (not that this will have anything to do with my class) and have not yet finished the game, but as a female am so far disappointed with my flirtable options (of which there have been two so far). I am level 30 am I am hoping beyond hope that I will have a relationship option for a big buff male who is horribly alien looking. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Bioware and Dragon Age is my second favorite game (Zelda will always be my first) but I have noticed that when it comes to female romance options...they are found wanting. The best (by best I mean buff wise) romance option Bioware has produced for females was Jacob Taylor in ME2. Other than him you have the option of aliens! My hope is that Bioware will cater to the female population and give us a big buff guy option...maybe a commando? Big buff sith trying to change his ways? There are lots of possibilities here!

Would be much appreciated

P.S. I still love the storyline though. This MMO is the best I have ever played.

• Like 1

I play a male Consular and have barely been able to Flirt with anyone.

I guess, more so than even Jedi Knight, the Consulars are not much when it comes to romance options. As I read so far, Consular male can only have 1 in-crew romance while female can have 2? So you choose the right gender actually.

• Thanks 1

I've been really confused. I know that you can flirt with this one dude (but apparently it doesn't count as a romance?) and the other dude you get much later in the game, and he is romanceable.

But..

I. Don't. Want. Him. I'm still confused about our romance options - do we really only have one?

Btw, ME2's best was Garrus with Thane being a close second. Jacob annoyed me. :> I don't mind aliens~

Yea, the romance options in the game are very lacking for most classes till level 30+.

Whats weird is the fact that depending on your class and gender you get a different number of romance options. Why does Sith Warrior have 2 females and 2 Males, yet Bounty Hunters have 1 each?

One way to help this is hopefully the inclusion of SGRA's, something Bioware said was "coming soon," as even if they add in companions per class to solve this, that would give us at least 1 option per class.

Some classes seem to really get the shaft when it comes to romance options, and like a poster above said, be lucky you choose the option that at least gave you 2 choices.

Ok I am playing a Smuggler and I have noticed there are some NPC's you can have a short flirt with but I never chose to pursue those (maybe happened about three times in my leveling until now, I am level 25)

I decided I wanted to romance my companion which is the ONLY reason I chose smuggler as you get a relatively normal looking guy to beging playing with, his name is Corso Riggs and I have customised him to my liking. So he's cute and relatively easy to romance as he fits with my moral views and approves of nearly everything I do and has liked nearly all the gifts I have given him. H

I have him over 3,000/10,000 in the care bar thingy and he has intiated about 4 romantic conversations at various intervals and finally last night a kiss and a request to court my smuggler lass. Hehehe I loved that!

Im not sure how much better Bioware could have done it so far, I am pretty pleased with his attentions, I am just hoping eventually his random comments will become more intimate, like calling me Dear or darling instead of captain etc and using the odd flirtatious comment too would be nice.

Oh I found this wiki which posts all the diffferent companions for each class, its impresive how much work Bioware has put into customising each classes experiences and I am looking forward to experiencing all the romantic stories.

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Companions#sentinel=48b2012175ee75b4811d478301ca8d84&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fswtor.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FCompanions&dref=http%3A%2F%2Fswtor.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FStar_Wars%3A_The_Old_Republic_Wiki&title=Companion%20Character%20-%20Star%20Wars%3A%20The%20Old%20Republic%20Wiki%20-%20classes%2C%20species%2C%20planets%20and%20more

Oh and I have also done the first(?) of Corsos personal story missions which wasnt too long and quite pleasant too.

The amount of content in this game is staggering!! I am really looking forward to seeing how others romances and relationships are going! I would recommend Corso as a sweet/shy boy type of romance, most will love that about him.

Edited by Silvercell

I am a huge fan of Bioware and Dragon Age is my second favorite game (Zelda will always be my first) but I have noticed that when it comes to female romance options...they are found wanting.

Agreed, Vasdenjas. I've frequently wondered if BioWare has any females working on the romance storylines. I was hoping SWTOR would break the trend set in ME1-2/DA1 of two-dimensional, male-ego-centered romance conversation options.

As whiny as he was, Carth from KoTR had potential.

ME2's best was Garrus with Thane being a close second. Jacob annoyed me. :>

I couldn't agree more, aureliex. Thane and Garrus were the best. Jacob may be nice to look at, but I'm very tired of hearing "we have a good thing going" and not to push it. Grrr.

I'm ready to throw petulant-Kaiden in that trash compactor and space him.

My highest SWTOR toon is only 13, so apparently I have a ways to go before romance options open up :(

Zoomcat what class are you playing?

Gosh I am so tempted to start making other characters and playing with a few to see their stories and romances but the trouble is Im afraid it will make me less immersed in my current characters story line and development! I am enjoying her a lot and the crafting otions I chose but am so impatient to experience everything!

I also found the Jacob romance to be really bad, I literally cringed in my chair with embarrasment when he started his chat up lines. The other two lads were very sweet but I could not for the life of me get romantically immersed because they were too alien looking for my taste. I think I must be a bit narrow minded lol. I would have been more interested in romancing the machine character who had Shepherds armour on his chest, I thought he had a crush on sheperd and for some reason wanted to hug that shiny little fella!

I'm a girl!

I know there are less female players than male player on SWTOR, but I'm disappointed to see that there are way more options of romance for male players than for girls!

Male player can romance aliens, twi'lek girls, etc, most of them are very beautiful... but girls can only romance humans! (except the Catar for soldiers, maybe)! why that? can't we girls go out with a twi'lek male, a Chiss male, etc? what's wrong with that?

In ME we girls could only have Kaidan as a male romance, and he was human. THEN they understood that we wanted more aliens for romance and added Thane and Garrus to flirt with for ME2.

Please Bioware, think about girl players too. Give us more choice! aliens, but also bulky and manly men as well! you know girls like romances and you should try to attract female players like that, too ^^

just my opinion :p

Edited by Evolvana

I play a male Consular and have barely been able to Flirt with anyone.

I guess, more so than even Jedi Knight, the Consulars are not much when it comes to romance options. As I read so far, Consular male can only have 1 in-crew romance while female can have 2? So you choose the right gender actually.

If you want to flirt with every female in sight, try Sith Warrior male.

Every female quest giver I've come across has given me some form of Flirting option.

And you get Vette and Jaesa. It's almost like the devs want everyone to be a male SW.

+1 for fairness.

Though I'm having a hard time understanding why there would be female gamers that would want more romance options anyway. Not trying to sound like a jack*** or anything( :( ) I just don't understand.

I mean, it's not in their nature right? I think I'm confusing myself.

Lol..

Well a question to anyone romancing Corso, I read somewhere that another person said he hasnt been initiating personal chats anymore. Last night three or four times his little speaker signal went on and it said he wanted to talk to me on the ship, so I hotfoot it to the ship, get there, click on him nothing! No chat.. grrrr... he's playing hot and cold with my smuggler.

This happened a number of times. I still havent got him to the point of saying whatever it is he wanted to say. So maybe I have to level him up further or maybe it is a glitch?

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour in their companions?

+1 for fairness.

Though I'm having a hard time understanding why there would be female gamers that would want more romance options anyway. Not trying to sound like a jack*** or anything( :( ) I just don't understand.

O_o :jawa_wink:

-.- :jawa_redface:

:mon_trap:

:p

*that moment when you try think of the most inappopriate ship*

Vette/Jack from mass effect 2? I think they woud annoy each other to death it'd be so cute.

Edited by SelinaK

+1 for fairness.

I don't see what is so hard to understand. Bioware includes romances in their game because they know players enjoy them. While male players usually enjoy the sex scene at the end, the girls tend to prefer all the chat and flirting options and seduction. Just look at all these girls crazy about the romance with Alistair in Dragon age 1, you'll understand.

And depending on the class you play, girls only have like one romance option with some stupid and non-attractive character (like the one for the female Jedi knight... o_o)

Edited by Evolvana

I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor and was bemused to find that my first romance-able companion

Andronikus Revel

is voiced by the same actor who voiced Oghren in Dragon Age. He has a great voice and is very well played but I just can't think of my companion character in that way without conjuring images of Oghren. :)

Edited by gelfling

I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor and was bemused to find that my first romance-able companion

Andronikus Revel

is voiced by the same actor who voiced Oghren in Dragon Age. He has a great voice and is very well played but I just can't think of my companion character in that way without conjuring images of Oghren. :)

Very understandable. The romance options in DA and DA 2 sucked (Anders) but I liked Atton in KOTOR 2. I hope the Imperial Agent romances don't suck.

Very understandable. The romance options in DA and DA 2 sucked (Anders) but I liked Atton in KOTOR 2. I hope the Imperial Agent romances don't suck.

The male romance companion for the IA is unique. Personally, he makes me very happy. I can see others being offput by his nature, though.

He's a Killik Joiner, albiet one with a fair amount of autonomy.

As can be told from my sig, I am also a huge fan of female Warrior/Malavai Quinn. He's so respectful and so easy to totally fluster.

Malavi Quinn is for the female Sith Warrior, right? he looks interesting. Does he prefer bad or good actions?

For the female Imperial agent, I hate the first "bad girl" they give us as a first companion. But I'd love to discover Vector (the only romance option for a female player Imperial agent), he seems quite cool.

I think companions choices for romances in SWTOR are actually very, very Very bad... And actually are maybe even worse for male characters? (definitely atleast on republic side!)

I think that most people wants to have his/her romance-able companion running and fighting with you (and joinig conversations..) all the time. I surely do. But in most cases you are forced to use 1-2 other 'usefull' companion. So your favorite companion will stay at ship 99% of time.. Except when you smmon him/her to give some presents and then speak with them on ship each 700+ affection? What a pointless waste. That companion coments on quests are way better than whole romance 'line' anyway. (and you can get that affection points more 'naturally')

As a Jedi Sage (heal/dps) I need tank which i have only 2 Male tank options.

Jedi Shadow (tank/dps) can use a healer - only 1 male option available.

My only 1 female comapanion is melle dps in light armor - useless for any important fight.

I hate that lizard 'thing' i must carry with me. Leaving him behind to die and just resumon him. Did bioware really thing we will 'care' about this horrible companions?

As a Jedi Knight, (at both advaced classes) you want a healer - only male option available.

Smuggler - (dps/heal) Wants a tank - Only male tank available.

Trooped is the only republic option for a male character to have Usefull companion being your romance option (a 'by the book' soldier medic... ) Not a great option, but waay bettter than disgusting lizard thing which I'm forced to travel with :/

Except trooper it seems to me republic side should be played with female players only?

Poor me, i'm a male but don't like playing for Evil Empire, it's just not my taste. So no interesting companion or romance at all for me.

On Empire side, only BH has Mako as great sidekick. Mako looks great, if only was not on empire side... :/

SW - starts with Vette, great. But later will switch to Male healer!

SI - Same as Consular, no female option.

IA - Well, I actually don't know this class at all, seems to have female healer, so if you can Tank it's the second Empire best character/companion combo?

Why there is not a single female companion tank? :p

PS: Yea, I know. My english is horrible, if anyone wants to pick on it, go ahead. I don't care :D

Malavi Quinn is for the female Sith Warrior, right? he looks interesting. Does he prefer bad or good actions?

For the female Imperial agent, I hate the first "bad girl" they give us as a first companion. But I'd love to discover Vector (the only romance option for a female player Imperial agent), he seems quite cool.

Yep, he's for Warrior. He prefers pro-Empire actions, and compared to your first companion Vette, he's more willing to accept dark side responses. Say you're killing a traitor to the Empire, Quinn would approve of you; but if you are responsible for letting Imperial men die because you can't be bothered to save them, he'll lose affection. Being respectful to your superiors and caring about the common man gains favor, being snarky, rebellious, or wasteful of possible resources loses it. I'd class him as Lawful Neutral in D&D terms; very much Law, and Neutral because he goes for whatever's most efficient regardless of morality.

>>Capella: thanks for the information! maybe I'll romance him then, if I make a Sith female warrior ^^

And for romances for male players, I didn't think about the problem of who you should take with you. I'm the kind of person who would take her favorite companion with her even if he sucks at fighting and cannot heal :p but that's true, it's way better if the companion is useful in a fight AND good to romance as well.

The only romance option for a female Jedi knight doesn't seem so interesting either :/

:( <----- Me being sad about not being able to romance Lord Pharen or Watcher One.. Heck I'd even would want Master Orgus... not the guy with a dead animal under his nose.

I'm a Female Jedi Knight and well at least my Female bounty Hunter gets a mandalorian..and my Female Jedi Consular would flirt with Theran Cedrax if it led to more serious things...seriously she would >.>