Defiant Vented Lightsaber

dirrtymatt

Hey all,

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but I love the Kylo Ren style Lightsaber. Now, I have invested plenty of my own cash (£75, or $108) to get the cartel coins to purchase the crates.......100 in total & I've had no luck at all.

Are these lightsabers really that rare or am I just VERY unlucky? :-(

I haven't bought many crates before, as I can go without the items previously available, but I genuinely want the vented lightsaber. My worry is that I will never be lucky enough to get the item via the crates & I certainly don't have the coins to buy it out of the GM.

Like I said, I've spent a lot of my own cash & got nothing to show for it. The items I have got won't sell at a price high enough to give me the funds to buy the saber out of the GM. I have tweeted @SWTOR & have been ignored.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

I feel like I have been ripped off.

you are just unlucky, it's like buying lottery ticket for 100 usd and call the lottery to claim a prize^^because you've spent money on it

on JC the 1st one was on GTN for 1 billion cred..., the sheapest for 39 millions, the lucky one try to get the most of it .

Where do people get sooooo much coin from?! Lol

Many are getting lots of money by running heroics as a full group of 65's I think its usually Tatooine and Hoth that seem to generate the credits, there are some good money if you complete all the bonus sections of these heroics, in fact this is where most of your money gained will come from.

Like I said, I've spent a lot of my own cash & got nothing to show for it. I have tweeted @SWTOR & have been ignored.

Welcome to the Cartel Market. I learned when the first time cartel market came out not to use my real money on cartel stuff. Back then, everyone wanted the rancor mount. I spent a lot of $ to buy around 3-4 hypercrates with nothing good to show for it. I thought I was just unlucky, but when it happened again in the next batch of packs, I'd had enough.

I still buy hypercrates, but only off the GTN with in game currency. My success will vary depending on what's in the pack/what I'm trying to get.

A lot of revenue for the game comes from the Cartel market. So don't expect Bioware to do you any favors in regards to your problem. They will simply expect you to buy more packs.

Might seem unfair, but at least they're acknowledging that some of these items are platinum rarity, instead of what they were doing: telling people they were gold when they actually were rarer drops.

It always sucks when you want something badly but it seems out of reach.

Personally, I bought 3 hypercrates, resulting in 90 packs. I got 1 lightsaber out of it. Luck of the draw I guess. Now I don't particularly care about the lightsaber, so I tossed it on the GTN and managed to sell it for 51M to some impatient person. I was one of the first to put it on the GTN on my server.

Although I haven't checked since, I'm guessing they're selling for around 30M, maybe?

My suggestion, never buy packs if you're desperate for the item. The gamble is way too big, no matter how many you buy. You're better off selling the individual packs, hypercrates or even grand chance cubes. If you're in need of the credits, that is.

Alternatively, there are still plenty of cartel items worth a lot of credits. So you can either buy them if you're impatient. Or you can go for the heroics path. Running heroics with a full group of lvl65's and doing the bonus missions can easily get you quite a bit of credits. More alts = more credits.

Yeah the OP is just unlucky, I purchased 2 hypercrates and got a saber while opening them, yet I opened some hypercrates when the unstable lightsaber was released and got absolutely nothing.

It's just the way the cartel market/packs are.

Although I haven't checked since, I'm guessing they're selling for around 30M, maybe?

I sold mine last Saturday for about 45M.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Cheers for the help.

It is a shame when you want an item that is so rare.

I wouldn't mind buying the item with cash rather than gambling on the 0.00000001% chance of the item dropping. But then again, Bioware seem to want ALL the contents of my bank account.

Cheers for the help.

It is a shame when you want an item that is so rare.

I wouldn't mind buying the item with cash rather than gambling on the 0.00000001% chance of the item dropping. But then again, Bioware seem to want ALL the contents of my bank account.

Unfortunately, Bioware would have to make the prices ridiculously expensive as players buy several packs/hypercrates chasing these items that if you could buy them direct players would be spending less in the market.

Unfortunately, Bioware would have to make the prices ridiculously expensive as players buy several packs/hypercrates chasing these items that if you could buy them direct players would be spending less in the market.

True, I see your point.

Hopefully, I'll be able to sell the crap I did get out of the crates & raise the coins so that I can just buy the saber out of the GM.

Learnt my lesson though, Bioware aren't fleecing me ever again. Just getting my subscription fee, nothing more.

Hey all,

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but I love the Kylo Ren style Lightsaber. Now, I have invested plenty of my own cash (£75, or $108) to get the cartel coins to purchase the crates.......100 in total & I've had no luck at all.

I haven't bought many crates before, as I can go without the items previously available, but I genuinely want the vented lightsaber. My worry is that I will never be lucky enough to get the item via the crates & I certainly don't have the coins to buy it out of the GM.

Like I said, I've spent a lot of my own cash & got nothing to show for it. The items I have got won't sell at a price high enough to give me the funds to buy the saber out of the GM. I have tweeted @SWTOR & have been ignored.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

I've got advice: don't buy gamble packs. Don't fall into the trap even more. All you're doing is giving Bioware money to make even more gamble packs.

You watch, next there will be an unstable vented lightsaber. And more cartel coins will be bought just for those. Bioware wants to make money, and they do exactly that because of people like you who buy cartel coins.

Generally speaking, if you buy a couple of hypercrates, you should probably get enough rare items that you can sell on the GTN to get enough credits to buy the item you want - if you haven't gotten it already. In other words, it may take a bit of buy & sell on the GTN to get what you want.

Just to rub salt into the wound - the other day I bought 2 of the x5 crates of Revenge packs, and 1 lone earlier pack (because it was on sale for 100cc, if I recall). I got, I think every mount you can get from the Revenge packs (and a Tuning), but no Defiant lightsaber. In the lone earlier pack I got an Unstable Saberstaff. :)

Yeah just RNG mate.

I'm not normally this lucky but the one Hypercrate I got off the CM, 2nd pack gave me the Lightsaber & the Droid requisition! :eek::D But like I said I'm not normally that lucky. I did get upper of Wicked Huntress set & part of Shae's set. But that's about all of the higher selling items.

Generally speaking, if you buy a couple of hypercrates, you should probably get enough rare items that you can sell on the GTN to get enough credits to buy the item you want - if you haven't gotten it already.

Yeah, no.

I got two-thirds of Commander Vizla's armor, a mount, but that's it in terms of anything of value. 40 of the 60 items I got from that crate were those damn chance cubes, which only sell for about 300k each on a good day. Even if I sold the armor too I wouldn't even come close to enough for the vented saber unless it gets released in a new pack too and comes down.

Yeah, no.

I got two-thirds of Commander Vizla's armor, a mount, but that's it in terms of anything of value. 40 of the 60 items I got from that crate were those damn chance cubes, which only sell for about 300k each on a good day. Even if I sold the armor too I wouldn't even come close to enough for the vented saber unless it gets released in a new pack too and comes down.

That's the problem I have. Those chance cubes.....75% of the items I got were those cubes. I've nowhere near got the coins to buy the saber out of the GM.

I had to open maybe 80 packs before I got one. So, still not worth it these new packs. Way too many grand chance cubes. I have a lot of old items already so those are just wasting space. Edited by Halinalle

I buy 2 or 3 crates each time a pack comes out, but I never actually open the crates. Those revenge crates were selling for 35 mil the other day. Sell two of those and you've got the vented light saber and some change.

If you're really patient, you hold on to those crate and few months to a year after embargo, you're selling those crates for 50-100mil with the current inflation in game. Sold a Nightlife: Star Cluster crate for 58mil on GTN two days ago. Yeah I had it in my bank for almost a year if not more, but I took those creds and bought that saber.

I've been doing this for about a year and a half so obviously i'm starting to reap the benefits, but you gotta start somewhere.

TL-DR - Buy crates, sell on GTN. Never open them.

Edited by Papazmurf

I buy 2 or 3 crates each time a pack comes out, but I never actually open the crates. Those revenge crates were selling for 35 mil the other day. Sell two of those and you've got the vented light saber and some change.

If you're really patient, you hold on to those crate and few months to a year after embargo, you're selling those crates for 50-100mil with the current inflation in game. Sold a Nightlife: Star Cluster crate for 58mil on GTN two days ago. Yeah I had it in my bank for almost a year if not more, but I took those creds and bought that saber.

I've been doing this for about a year and a half so obviously i'm starting to reap the benefits, but you gotta start somewhere.

TL-DR - Buy crates, sell on GTN. Never open them.

wow, and nothing in the night life pack is worth nearly 50m anyway :D woops then again the datho rancor is near 35-40m now on harbinger, wow didn't realise ha

Edited by Theeko

Not necessarily....I'm sure there are just as many players (like myself) who flat out refuse to buy the hypercrate. Never have....never will. Now if they list em on the CM like they have other sabers, armor, & weapons. I'd be the first to spend $25-$30 on one. But I won't spend a dime on a crate full of GAH-BAGE

I actually do like the lightsaber design, although I despise Emo Ren. However I'm not shelling out 45 mil for anything (that's the lowest I've seen it for on JC). I bought "Vaylin's" armor to merch it.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs