Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

I spanked her (something of a fantasy of mine, until she turned round during the pre-fight cutscene) as a lvl 31 Tank assassin with Khem (yes, I know, two tanks, but I had been told he made it easier to do... did not realise at the time that was just for Sorcerers).

Wiped once to figure out how much damage her attacks do, then on the second attempt interrupted the worst stuff and LOS'ed or kited if neccessary on both Khem and myself.

Then when I tried this with my lvl 31 healing Sorcerer, it was a faceroll and both Khem and I were around 80% health at the end of the fight.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea why this post was resurrected, but I just wanted to say I found it humorous. Yes...swtor is so difficult. Basically every problem can be solved with the interrupt button, but, oh no, can't do that. And lets not try to properly gear ourselves or our companions.

lets forget the mmos from the late 90s, early 00s where you would get nostril ***** with regularity.

Killed the boss on third attempt after I stopped being so f***ing supid. Khem was dead but I still had 80% life left.

Took your advice, let Khem tank and called him away for the duration of the lightning storm. No probs whatsoever with the fight, tho I failed several times before reading your post.

Control Khem. Don't just let him do all the work for you, inquisitors.

Edit: What really annoyed me about this series was that it's a) bugged and b) forces you to travel all around the world, and then some. Several bugs in Black Temple alone. I don't remember Warrior's legacy quest line being this broken...just sayin...

Edited by plaktow

A lot of these class boss-type fights are essentially a trial and error version of learning your class. Rather than letting you go 1-50 without needing to figure out what your 20+ some buttons do, these quests FORCE you (violently sometimes) to figure out how the hell to defeat tough opponents without having a full blown raid.

Plus, theatrically, that's just an epic way to do things.

Essentially, interrupts, stuns, knockbacks, your two companion buttons ("attack" and "not attack"), and environmental awareness are your quest objectives. Your quest: learn what it means to be your class. The emperor didn't rise to power overnight, why should you be allowed to cruise control through the game without some brain activity?

I think I was level 28 or 29 SIN Assassin when i did this quest. I was only wearing greens at the time because of my playstyle, I believe in doing all the bonus series and regular quests on each planet before moving on so im usually over level for those. However for class quests every now and then ill start plowing through the class quest story lineand skipping every other non class quest until I reach a point where the quest is impossible at my current gear level or i couldnt get the new quest because of level requirement.

I do remember having quite the time with her as a boss fight though, I found it to be a challenge which I kind of enjoy for class quests since most of the time I outlevel the other regular quests its a nice break from the easy breezy regular questlines. I will say that It did seem that sorceror could do this a lot easier as being melee is quite a pain for this fight. I followed the advice of several others on the forum involving using the pillars and running away with hit and run tactics as well as interrupting her heal but honestly none of these seemed to work. At the end I finally tried to just go balls to the wall DPS on her as fast as I could and blew everything all my cooldowns as fast as I could to DPS her down. I just ignored her heal and didnt bother interrupting that at all, instead saving the interrupt for the other big damage spell she did. When I did it this way I one shotted her and it was much easier but scary because it didnt look like I was going to make it when I was watching both of our health bars dropping. I dont know if this will help but it seemed much easier to do when I did that way. Good Luck! :rak_grin:

Got it on my 2nd try as an assassin at 32. Wasn't all that hard just a lot of running out of aoes, interrupting, and knocking back with some pet management thrown in for good measure. Also used some taunt swapping, the 20 min cooldown for heals, and a party version medpac to keep khem up longer for more damage.

Still a hugely easier fight than the buggy "Eagle" fight for Agents and without the do it 3 times aspect as well.

just did this at 32 as tankassin after dying twice at 31, main problem for me was khem being undergeared (as i tank i use andro for dps), i tried again at 32 putting khem on offensive stance but forgetting to turn his taunt off, so she sticked to him and pwned him, used channel the force and interrupts and was dead with me at 80%.

Btw i really hope new customizable UI in 1.2 will grant possibility to have a LARGER and more visible enemy cast bar and also some kind of visible aura for self ability procs.

Edited by Deathstingg

just did this at 32 as tankassin after dying twice at 31, main problem for me was khem being undergeared (as i tank i use andro for dps), i tried again at 32 putting khem on offensive stance but forgetting to turn his taunt off, so she sticked to him and pwned him, used channel the force and interrupts and was dead with me at 80%.

Btw i really hope new customizable UI in 1.2 will grant possibility to have a LARGER and more visible enemy cast bar and also some kind of visible aura for self ability procs.

Cast bar yes, more visible auras not as far as I saw.

• 4 months later...

Jedi Knight Emp fight pre-nerf was a ***** - Heard they nerfed it to ground though so can't say how easy mode it is now

THe Emperor was nearly impossible, even when you geared yourself and T7 up in blues and purples. It wasn't any different than anything else other than his 1 Hit Wonder spell. You could interrupt it easily enough, however sometimes he had a habit of throwing it at you without a cast bar, so there was nothing to interrupt.

I managed to do this on my second time through, fairly easy enough, run away from AOE, interrupt, stun, electrocute, heroic moment, interrupt, stun, heal, deflection, electrocute.

Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.

Can't complete a quest qqin on the forums.

Just L2P, use med packs stims, get some better gear.

Or come back to it later after doing a few wz's etc.

Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc. [/Quote]

Trust me, if you're having trouble doing ANY mission at your level that isn't a Heroic.... it's not the mission that's the problem - it's you.

Game design beyond comprehension? I assume you don't mean the gameplay because most of the ACs are cut and paste from WoW.

Edited by AshlaBoga

lol this was a pretty big necro post...topic is from ageeees ago.

Very easy quest though. It always boggles my mind when people come on the forums complaining about quests being too hard. Especially class quests which are designed to be soloable. This is a slightly harder one but as long as you follow some simple rules you should be fine.

1. Make sure you are on the same level as the quest or higher. Why would you even attempt to do a quest that is 2+ levels higher than you? (Unless you follow the next rule)

2. Gear. If you are running around in green gear your doing it wrong. Very wrong. By the time your around level 18 you should be in blue gear. It just makes the leveling process go so much smoother. If your in orange/purple gear with the max ratings for your level you can easily take on quests that are 1-3 levels higher than you.

3. Know your class. Spec appropriately for soloing.

4. Medpacs and stims are your friend. Heroic moment is never a bad idea either.

I am more of a bonehead than most it seems. When I faced Zash, I was LVL 32. I threw Khem into Tank mode and used my assassin as a DPS/Nuclear Warhead. The only semi-intelligent thing I did was continually right step out of her force storm circle. Took almost two whole minutes to kill her. Granted Khem died...but he dies in every Gold+ fight right as it is almost over.

I guess it is because I just prefer brawn over brains when it comes to bosses, as long fights bore me.

I understand what every one is saying with L2P, especially when you have devoted your life to MMO's, but for a new player or some one who doesn't properly understand the mechanics of an MMO, just shouting L2P is not going to help them. Thank you to all who actually posted up proper and intelligent ways to make this fight easier on those who would otherwise have no clue how to "L2P" by themselves.

Every one plays the game a little differently, just like every one has their own penmanship. Just like penmanship, if our teachers just shouted "Learn to write" we would all be illiterate. So to those of you with no valid or helpful suggestions. Shut your trap.

Side Note: How I did it is not a suggestion for those of you having trouble, just a statement, that Zash can be killed, even if you are a little bit thick...or lazy. Use the other suggestions or hit up a friend to give you a hand. Zash is not invincible, she is as frail as the grandmother's face she wears, you just need to learn where and when to kick.

• 3 months later...

Sorry I don't believe the advise that everyone is saying to defeat Darth Zash; I've lost 50k to repairs and I cant beat her. 2nd I hate WoW, ****** game.

I've tried cycling through Jolt, and Overload; anyone try beating her in a group?

I give up on this *****, I've lost too much time and I'm broke!

Sorry I don't believe the advise that everyone is saying to defeat Darth Zash; I've lost 50k to repairs and I cant beat her. 2nd I hate WoW, ****** game.

I've tried cycling through Jolt, and Overload; anyone try beating her in a group?

I've got to ask what level are you and what gear are you and Khem wearing? Also what's your Spec?

The advice they're giving is quite solid, it should work unless you're missing something (maybe a companion stance or maybe you are having some lag, but something regardless).

She's really not that hard a boss. She's loads easier than the Avatar of Sel-Makor for instance.

I agree with the poster above me, you are more then likely under leveled or haven't been learning your AC,. This fight is not that hard and if it really is I don't think you'll progress much farther in the story it's on of the easier boss fights during the class story.

the fight is impossible with any amount of lag. be it server or video card. just get a friend to help. if you have any lag issues you will be doing this very often on this classes' story quests. Edited by uniz