Confused returning player

Gobgrot

Hi Guys n Gals, decided after a few years away Id have another look at this game. As I remember the game the crew skills were supposed to be self sufficient. One skill needed 2 harvesting type skills to support it. Seems this isnt the case anymore. I have Armormech as a skill but for support it needs Scavenging, Underworld Trading, Slicing, not to mention someone else to make the color crystals. This is just from a quick look at things. Im sure lots of other things have changed as well. Are all the other crafting skills like this now?

Hi Guys n Gals, decided after a few years away Id have another look at this game. As I remember the game the crew skills were supposed to be self sufficient. One skill needed 2 harvesting type skills to support it. Seems this isnt the case anymore. I have Armormech as a skill but for support it needs Scavenging, Underworld Trading, Slicing, not to mention someone else to make the color crystals. This is just from a quick look at things. Im sure lots of other things have changed as well. Are all the other crafting skills like this now?

Yes, they're all a bit like that. But they've required slicing components at very high levels for a long, long time, at least as far back as 3.X.

And colour crystals (the ones you slot into weapons) have always been made only by Artifice.

Yes, they're all a bit like that. But they've required slicing components at very high levels for a long, long time, at least as far back as 3.X.

And colour crystals (the ones you slot into weapons) have always been made only by Artifice.

Yes, that's right. Slicing was always only needed for "Artifact Quality" crafted items.

And colour crystals have always been made by Artisans.

Edit : Crafting end game gear has become a bit different, though. More components from different sources are needed there now.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 2 weeks later...