Benefit of Master Loot over Need/Greed

Which one do people prefer in operations and why? I really like using Master Looter. It takes a bit longer, but you don't run into the issue of someone either running off to next boss and making people wait through the timer.

It also lessens the chance of someone making a mistake, such as accidentally needed on both of those Rakata pieces because they are both for your class.

Anyhow, I am interesting in what other people prefer in operations.

ML is good for gearing people up I guess, People take it easy and call out what they need. Need/Greed is more for rushed runs, Either normal runs just for the weekly or title runs. So it's all about preference I guess.

When I tried ML, group members were too impatient for loot and many times ran off before I could assign loot. I don't think people in general realize there is a distance on who can be assigned loot, and if they run off the ML does not see their name on the list. This caused me too much frustration on my first attempt at leading a raid.

So I prefer Loot Method: FFA Loot Threshold: Premium. I instruct people to turn-off Auto-loot on right click and instruct them to let me loot first if possible. Only when people don't follow instructions has it become a problem, and that is usually with puggers. However if everyone in the group follows the instructions, it is a very quick effective way of looting in my opinion.

When I tried ML, group members were too impatient for loot and many times ran off before I could assign loot. I don't think people in general realize there is a distance on who can be assigned loot, and if they run off the ML does not see their name on the list. This caused me too much frustration on my first attempt at leading a raid.

So I prefer Loot Method: FFA Loot Threshold: Premium. I instruct people to turn-off Auto-loot on right click and instruct them to let me loot first if possible. Only when people don't follow instructions has it become a problem, and that is usually with puggers. However if everyone in the group follows the instructions, it is a very quick effective way of looting in my opinion.

^^ This guy is doing it right.