What's so special about Humans in the Sith Empire? (Minor Spoilers)

Lecaja

What you missed is the fact that, from an aesthetic/storyline perspective, the Empire was heavily based off of Nazi Germany in the same manner that the Kaleds/Daleks of Doctor Who were. Lore aside, that was what prompted the whole speciest aspect of the Empire even though most Empires of the past- the Roman for example- were actually fairly inclusive.

Actually, Vitiate's Sith Empire is based off of Palpatine's Galactic Empire, which is in turn based on Nazi germany. The resemblance to the GE is more important to Bioware than the resemblance to Nazi germany, because it's within the Star Wars universe

Actually, Vitiate's Sith Empire is based off of Palpatine's Galactic Empire, which is in turn based on Nazi germany. The resemblance to the GE is more important to Bioware than the resemblance to Nazi germany, because it's within the Star Wars universe

I know, but the original in-universe empire was inspired by Nazi Germany, which is where they took their inspiration from. That's all I'm saying.

If there were a suitable and interesting explanation for the shift of belief, I would very much welcome that. Then it would not be lore-hijacking, which is what happens when a more profitable canon source (such as a videogame) contradicts previous canon, and all the EU authors rush in to retcon and utterly bin the old lore in favour of the "cooler colourful new lore".
Well I've been giving this some thought, and I feel the answer lies in the answer to the question: where did all the humans come from?

The Ancient Sith Empire was purely comprised of either Sith or Sith hybrids - no humans. And I'm really not sure hybrid interbreeding would eventually lead to a pure human, just more hybrids.

So the humans must have come from somewhere, somewhere outside the Empire. That would explain this particular cultural facet. Because it would mean that those human Imperials would have less Sith blood and the purebloods would have the strongest ties to the Ancient Sith.

Really I don't think all the humans in the Sith Empire (or any) can trace their DNA to the original dark jedi.

Well I've been giving this some thought, and I feel the answer lies in the answer to the question: where did all the humans come from?

The Ancient Sith Empire was purely comprised of either Sith or Sith hybrids - no humans. And I'm really not sure hybrid interbreeding would eventually lead to a pure human, just more hybrids.

So the humans must have come from somewhere, somewhere outside the Empire. That would explain this particular cultural facet. Because it would mean that those human Imperials would have less Sith blood and the purebloods would have the strongest ties to the Ancient Sith.

Really I don't think all the humans in the Sith Empire (or any) can trace their DNA to the original dark jedi.

That's what I've been advocating all along. They inserted the Republic-guided genocide at the end of the Great Hyperspace War (though, I pray they'd have the sense to leave the Jedi out of this) and the ritual on Nathema, which could both attest for a significant reduction of the Red Sith population that Vitiate was actually able to "save". If a significant inflood of humans occurred shortly thereafter, you'd see a much more plausible cause for the observed human-to-Sith proportion. Without resorting to a nonsensical and un-creative retcon.

That's what I've been advocating all along. They inserted the Republic-guided genocide at the end of the Great Hyperspace War (though, I pray they'd have the sense to leave the Jedi out of this) and the ritual on Nathema, which could both attest for a significant reduction of the Red Sith population that Vitiate was actually able to "save". If a significant inflood of humans occurred shortly thereafter, you'd see a much more plausible cause for the observed human-to-Sith proportion. Without resorting to a nonsensical and un-creative retcon.
Well it seems likely, the Jedi/Republic must have massacred quite a few Sith. Though that still leaves the question of where the humans actually came from. Though one would expect they conquered and enslaved many human populated worlds during the Great Hyperspace War...