Anyone else strongly disappointed with the group server forums?

JadeBranch

They just don't feel....necessary....at all. Especially not the RP server ones since visiting them pretty much feels like a second RP forum. What would have been a great way to shape up the community would be some more personal contact with our own servers, AKA forum servers.

BW's reason is to keep a sense of community between other servers but isn't that what this forum is for, in a way? What makes Server A and B more likely server sisters than Server X and Y? The supposed server community seems artificial and there are other places on the forums where we can communicate with people of other servers....like pretty much anywhere....or here, the you know, community forum.

But what we are really lacking is a way to bond with our own server. The group server forum tries to do this. But when there are so many threads from other servers, constantly spamming the boards, it's a mess to have to look all over the place for threads tagged for your server.

I do have a good non-official website server forum, but I would like a more unified/universal one that everyone could use here on this website and I think that is important since a lot of people are without out of game communication with their server.

Edited by JadeBranch

Not really. Let's compare a group server forum to a server forum. A group server forum will probably have 3-4 threads for your server on the front page. Off the top of my head, I'm guessing that a full first page for a forum holds 15-20 threads. So to find the same 15-20 threads that you would see on the regular forum's front page you have to dig through several pages of the group server forum.

But maybe you don't care to dig through multiple pages. Maybe you're content with just checking what's up top. From a thread-poster's perspective, though, you'd want people to look at your threads. And the more they get pushed back by other, possibly more populated servers, the less people are looking at them.

I feel like if they REALLY wanted to do this, then they should have made the group server forums smaller. At least for the RP server ones. All the RP servers are bunched together, which is irritating.

Edited by JadeBranch

:eek:I personally do not like the new forum(s) set up. I did however enjoy the prelaunch forums. They were more clear and easilly accesible. I also liked it that a potential guild mate could sign up for a guild while offline , but the new forums have removed that ability :mad: