Single player content

Good day,

is there any plan to EVER introduce to higher level single player content??

If i have to deal with another 30 minute group finder, only to have the tank/healer rage quit, i am going to lose my mind!

The group finder is so biased against DPS that we get a totally raw deal.

WHY do you think so many people play Diablo? you can play solo or grouped and not feel like you are dependent upon someone else for your support system.

Some of us will NEVER see ourselves throuh levels like Denova, and something like Terror for Beyond is basically a pipe dream for me.

I dont think I will ever even get campaign gear because my guild is to weak (casual players) and the publiic groups are all elitists that will not invite someone without the very best of gear already!

So tell me, how am i supposed to accomplish anything without gear - i cant get gear without being able to accomplish anything!

Maybe I should go to diablo - they at least cater to the solo player in all of us...

not asking for much, just throw us a bone, so we dont have to rely on a group to carry us forward!

there are tons and tons of us out there who would welcome this,

good day

Yes, there is a plan for more solo content. Search for Makeb, whole new planet coming in, at some point.

Sorry about your DPS group finder queue taking a long time, there are so much more dps-ers than tanks or healers, so thats just how the cookie crumbles.

Best of luck!

Not exactly sure what you're asking for here.

Currently dailies and weeklies are an easy way to gear up PvE wise, up to a certain level. HM FPs naturally require grouping, but it's just one of them things you have to do them to gear up (that and raids).

As it stands though doing a daily HM FP and your weeklies you can gather a lot of Blackhole comms. It takes time, but you can build up a very strong set of gear using these alone, without stepping into EC.

Now bear in mind, in the future things always change. The same way you can relatively quickly kit yourself out in Blackhole gear, I'm sure in future they will make new ways of fasttracking your gear towards the current tiers.

As for actual solo content, apart from dailies, there isn't much. But hey, it's an MMORPG, you cant expect to find that much solo stuff (remember Diablo isnt classed as an MMORPG, just an All-online one).

Still if I'm not mistaken, a new area of dailies is coming in the future (how long I dont know), there's also the HK questline, which is looking to be somewhat distant future too, that will require much solo questing.

And there's Makeb, which I dont expect to see before December tbh, but an entire new planet plus a lvl cap increase is solo content (just not very replayable).

The biggest difference between Diablo and a MMO like SWTOR is that Diablo is a single player game with the option to group with your friends, while SWTOR is primarily a multiplayer game with the option to solo some things. You will never see gear that is as good as current end game stuff as a solo player by just soloing. That is the way MMOs work. And really, if you aren't doing that current end game, you don't actually NEED that gear anyway. All you need is the gear you can get solo. Unfortunately, if you don't like this MMOs really aren't the genre for you.

G

I have both Tank and DPS characters and it is much easier to get a group as a Tank than DPS. I think there is a simple reason for this, the Group Finder always tries for a balanced 4 man team i.e. 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 2 DPS (nothing wrong in that). The problem is there are just so many DPS players and not enough Tanks or Healers to go around between all the DPS players.

Why are there so few Tanks and Healers, is a very good question, Tanks are particularly rare it seems. The trouble is of the 8 Advanced Classes only 3 of them can heal (Sage, Commando & Scoundrel, for the Republic or their Empire opposite numbers) and only 3 can really Tank (Guardian, Vanguard & Commando or the Imperial equivalents), yes I know other classes can technically Tank but I have seen Shadows and Sentinels try and without heavy Armor they just suck at it. All 8 Advanced Classes can DPS so the number of DPS players will always be greater than the numbers of Tanks or Healers.

...so the number of DPS players will always be greater than the numbers of Tanks or Healers.

Good summarise, but from my experience over multiple mmo's this goes for each and every single one.

Even if in an mmo a class can tank, heal and dps then still most people will go for the dps option. (WoW druid is a good example from my personal experience, most I ran into were dps specced even though the class can fit all 3 classical roles)

One reason I see in SWTOR that makes it a big let down for dps players is the fact that a FP team comprises of only 4 players, thus 2 dps players. I think they should up the difficulty or just hp of all the fp mobs and bosses and allow 3 dps players into the fp. This will make queing as a dps considerably shorter.

you would think there was a statistic on how many people play tank in mmo´s. If the number is 20% then the ideal groupsize would be 5. Now i´m fairly certain tanks are rarer than 20% of the gamers, so a 4 man group isn´t realy ideal towards dps. Maybe even a 6 man group would be better considering the amount of tanks.

The way i see it the only reason to make the groups 4 man must have been not to copy WoW. And that´s a bad reason. Look at stats and find out how many play tanks in other mmo´s and make up the group size accordingly.

Even in WoW with 5 man groups dps must wait much longer than tanks. With swtor´s 4man groups it just gets that much worse

I've always been surprised that so few games don't just de-emphasize the trinity. WoW bribes folks, GW2 just did away with tanks and healers, but it seems like it would be better to create alternate paths where if you had 4 DPS, then the content changes from the 'tank and spank' to something where the players need to trade aggro, work together, etc.

Sigh... I guess the D&D model from 30 years ago is easier.

I've always been surprised that so few games don't just de-emphasize the trinity. WoW bribes folks, GW2 just did away with tanks and healers, but it seems like it would be better to create alternate paths where if you had 4 DPS, then the content changes from the 'tank and spank' to something where the players need to trade aggro, work together, etc.

Sigh... I guess the D&D model from 30 years ago is easier.

Part of the appeal of the trinity is that it diversifies the game. Some players want to heal, some players want to tank, some players want to DPS. If you can only DPS, the game would get boring, at least for some players.

PvE wise this is what I've been up to.

Level an alt to 50 and complete Act 3 + Illum. I take my time with the alts so that it doesn't just take a couple days (level leisurely and it can take 2 weeks).

Just got my 5th 50 so I'll get started on #6.

When you get bored of Storyline content, try soloing endgame content on your main or whatever AC is best for this.

If you haven't soloed the Rogue Cartel Droid (Quesh World Boss) and Ulgo Siegebreaker (Alderaan World Boss) do so. You can solo them on ANY AC with Columi gear.

If you've got an Imperial I'd solo the Ancient One on Taris (bit tougher than the other two but good practice). Unfortunately there's no Ancient One equivalent for the Republic - they got shafted.

Soloing HM BT isn't that tough - there's a guide on youtube - just LoS the bonus boss and LoS and Kite enraged Yadira Ban. Soloing HM Esseles is tough, tough, tough - man BW doesn't like Pubs do they?

You can solo the level 50 Story Modes Flashpoints - Battle of Illum and False Emperor, I've soloed Story BoI on my Jug and Stevoo soloed HM Malgus (because he's one crazy Assassin ).

I am currently working on Soloing HM Darth Serevin - he's not that bad until he enrages and then he starts killing you three seconds after he CCs you.

My primary goal right is to solo HM REVAN. Why? Because I feel that the reason Revan was underwhelming was because he was meant to be fought one on one. 4 vs 1 doesn't give you a feel for his power.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Thanks to everyone for your feedback - Let me just say that I am not anti-swtor, and have no intentions of quitting.

my post was more of a rant to see if anyone felt as I did (yes, i am a troll).

I was so irked when that tank rage quit, i nearly sent my fist through my monitor (like i said 30 min queue, with no hope of a replacement).

Anyways, I am very well geared for having never set foot in denova - i have nearly an entire set of black hole level gear, which basically is as good as you can get from where i am.

Its just been a waiting game for groups, and thats the real reason i was hoping for single player flashpoints with pets.

I havent even beaten KP Story Mode yet, and have only been through EV story once.

Maybe its my server, or the time of day/week i play, but man I can never find a group...sadness.

gonna keep at it until all my alts are black hole, maybe then my guild will be caught up.

Good day,

According to an interview i listen to in gamescon (available on the general on these forums), it seems that no, most of the coming content is multiplayer (flashpoint, operation, warzone)

They do plan to release single player content (event, level cap increase) but at a slower pace

it's the general feeling at bioware's that MMO are social game and multiplayer gameplay is the core of an MMO experience.

I havent even beaten KP Story Mode yet, and have only been through EV story once.

Maybe its my server, or the time of day/week i play, but man I can never find a group...sadness.

gonna keep at it until all my alts are black hole, maybe then my guild will be caught up.

It sounds like you are in a different progression path with your guild, ie you are progressing a lot faster than them.

Have you thought of joining another guild which raids weekly and with players playing at your level? You may be friends with your guildies, but what some people do is they take out their best-geared toons to join raiding guilds, and leave alts behind in their old guilds to level and chat with old guildies.

The reason why I say so is that I have seen players who are significantly better players than their guildies end up having to wait a lot. Wait for people to hit 50, wait for people to gear up, wait for people to nail down raid mechanics etc. It gets frustrating and almost never work out.

Good day,

If i have to deal with another 30 minute group finder, only to have the tank/healer rage quit, i am going to lose my mind!

WHY do you think so many people play Diablo? you can play solo or grouped and not feel like you are dependent upon someone else for your support system.

Some of us will NEVER see ourselves throuh levels like Denova, and something like Terror for Beyond is basically a pipe dream for me.

I dont think I will ever even get campaign gear because my guild is to weak (casual players) and the publiic groups are all elitists that will not invite someone without the very best of gear already!

So tell me, how am i supposed to accomplish anything without gear - i cant get gear without being able to accomplish anything!

Maybe I should go to diablo - they at least cater to the solo player in all of us...

not asking for much, just throw us a bone, so we dont have to rely on a group to carry us forward!

good day

You cant get the top tier raid gear solo......

sorry pal

/thread

Reading all this, makes me a bit disappointed.

So, if i have never played any MMO and only completed the class mission to level 50, upgrading the armor and other stats wherever possible (as the game allowed - rather normal for RPG) , I understand that no one would ever be interested in playing with me, because I'm "undergeared". What a.....

Then, again, how am i supposed to even start playing the MMO content if I cannot, because the MMO players would reject me?

IF the game is for everyone, there must be a way to be able to play MMO parts being the beginner.

i do not think there are people ALREADY "geared" to MMO at the MMO content beginning...

Or i misunderstand the concept completely...?

Best thing you can do is find a guild that is not as casual as your current guild. There are several different types of guilds too (casual, pvp-oriented, raid-oriented, RP, etc.). If you're interested in doing end-game content (i.e. Raiding) then you will need to find a guild that suits what you are looking for and the type of social experience you want.

As a guild leader, I can tell you I have no trouble helping new MMO players get adjusted to the demands of hard mode raiding (SWTOR is my current raid leader's first MMO) but what drives me up a wall is when guild members demand to be run through raids without ever openly participating within the guild (i.e. use our website, join in our voice chat, etc. etc.). Find something that fits you as a player and you'll be much happier than solo-ing everything.

WHY do you think so many people play Diablo?

REALLY!!! :eek::D Over the group finder!!!:rolleyes: Oh for crying out loud:confused: Its kinda funny that it seems to me that your the only one with this problem Im DPS and I have never have a problem finding a group lol Maybe threads like this one has pissed alot of ppl off and decided to not run with you :D Who knows ???

All I know is if you treat ppl right when you run with them maybe you might get better reults in the long run when it comes to "looking for a group" ;) Just saying....

So, if i have never played any MMO and only completed the class mission to level 50, upgrading the armor and other stats wherever possible (as the game allowed - rather normal for RPG) , I understand that no one would ever be interested in playing with me, because I'm "undergeared". What a.....

Then, again, how am i supposed to even start playing the MMO content if I cannot, because the MMO players would reject me?

IF the game is for everyone, there must be a way to be able to play MMO parts being the beginner.

i do not think there are people ALREADY "geared" to MMO at the MMO content beginning...

Any 50 can get themselves entry level geared to do OPS, just by making sure you have all orange gear, and doing a couple days of dailies to get the armor 126, daily mods and enhancements to put in the armor. Once you get them put in the orange armor, you basically have better then most tionese, and can start doing ops, to get your columi etc.

You assume everyone is worried about players being undergeared -- I have no problems helping people get geared up and it's the only reason I still endure PUG's.

If you listen, learn the FP/ops, and do your dailies no one will reject you. :)

When my first toon hit 50, I used the group finder to queue for story mode level 50 flashpoints. This helps give you a feel for working with a team to conquer content, and it also gives you some decent gear (Tionese). You can also do the daily missions on Belsavis, Ilum and Black Hole, which will get you commendations to buy better gear.

Optionally, the Recruit PvP vendor will provide free (as of 1.3) replacements for your worst pieces of gear. It is easy to get PvE gear from dailies and story mode flashpoints, so it really isn't needed to get a FULL set of recruit pvp gear, but you can shortcut the gearing process by replacing your worst gear right away.

This will get you into Hard Mode Flashpoints and to Columi.

The fastest approach to doing this process is with friends or with a guild, but you can also use the group finder and meet new people. Some may turn their nose at newer players, but there are plenty that will help you out, give you tips, etc. Most encounters in end game rely more on player skill, coordination, and strategy than in having super gear.

I wish you luck -- as someone who bought TOR only for the single player experience, I've discovered I really enjoy grouping with others and doing HM FPs and Ops. When I'm with a good group of people I actually have more fun doing end game than I did with the solo content, which really surprised me.

Good day,

good day

Out of your diatribe i took the following things.

-You havent done dailies for armourings,relics,implants and earpieces.

-You will not able to or are unable to fufill a meaningful role in the LFG to shorten your queue times till you gear up.

-You're in a guild with people who don't have the same goals as you do.

-You are playing a MMORPG and feel the need to clear group content solo

-This game should be diablo.

-The groupfinder is against you.

I don't use the LFG very much, I rarely have to but on occasions I don't have any guildies on and am looking for time to kill. My queue times on a low pop server are about 1 hour as dps, 10 mins as heals.Its not the LFG's fault, its the players that don't want to roll tanks and heals that are the issue.

There is alot of gear out there for the solo player. You cna have full epic mmodded gear with BiS relics,close to BiS implants and earpieces from dailies. Thats all solo player content for you there.You can also craft close to BiS wrists and belt aswell. You can buy BiS armourings from the GTN, same with mods and enhancements.

You want a solo player game hey thats cool I can udnerstand where you are coming from. But i have to say this is the wrong place for it, Go play D3 if you want a solo or mixed experience. Not TOR.

Now this is where i get confused, You want to do denova and are keen to get into TFB. But thats GROUP content.

You don't want group content you want D3. You can have one or the other, especially since EA have announced that the next few releases will be GROUP focused.

The simplest thing for you to do is to join a guild with similar goals as yours. It removes the queue time, makes getting raid content get done faster than trying to pug (most of the time)