Taral V/Maelstrom

Are Taral V and Maelstrom Prison the same Flashpoint? I know they are connected, but does one immediately happen after the other, or do you finish Taral V and start a separate Flashpoint that is Maelstrom Prison? Or is Maelstrom Prison just a short addition at the end of Taral V?

Also, what is the approximate running time of them?

Two different flashpoints - you end one and start the other.

They both start at the same area on the Telos ship.

Running time varies with what you want to do and your group composition. In Taral V for example you can skip most of the bosses and trash which can get your run down to about 20 mins.

Oh, okay. So do you have to do them with the same group? Or for example, if you only had time for the one, could you do Taral V and quit, then do Maelstrom Prison when you came back, with a different group? Not that I'm worried about it - I never have to go anywhere while playing, lol.

The first time you do the flashpoints you have to do Taral V first and then Maelstrom Prison. This order also makes sense from the story perspective. However they are separate so do one first and do the second one later. The drops are also level 36 in Taral V and 38 in Maelstrom Prison, so if you were doing them at the appropriate level you wouldn't be running them back to back.