Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

As much as I want it to do and i am not afraid of any hard bosses, you made the failures in with this flash point incredibly annoying, no speeder allowed, spawning kilometers away from the kill.

And then we get to the first droid boss, and people that do hard mode operations with me, start asking "Why the hell are we wasting time here? Rakata chest? No problem!! We'll run through EV faster than trying to do this flashpoint."

Overreacting to a bunch of masochists that demand harder content is something i would like you to stop Bioware because you do not know the difference between hard and annoying. If my team mates find 30 min queues pvp preferable to this flashpoint that there is really something curious about Lost island..

Edited by NoTomorrow

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a 'few' who complained about easy content. It was many, even self proclaimed casual guilds saying they are finding it fun, but too easy. They're the kinda guilds that just about finish Normal mode in WoW before the next patch comes, and they had Nightmare cleared eventually.

I think it's a great flashpoint. Needs tweaking imho and stop dropping Tionese crystals lol. But in general it's the most exciting FP, apart from possibly D7. I dunno, i really liked D7 :p

It is tough - and you arn't wrong, people don't want to run it often. It's almost rare to see people saying 'LFG LI hm' anymore, that died out after 2 weeks of 1.2 once they couldn't clear it with ease.

Now everyone who wants to do it usually does it with guild members.

However, I have PuG'd it several times, and sometimes done Me + Guildy + 2 pugs or whatever. And tbh - I've met some good players by running it ^^ Even had 2 people apply to our guild after Pugging it with us. And well for that reason alone - it's good.

I personnaly like the challenge of Lost Island, and the difficulty of the instance compared to the other flashpoints.

It feels like a mini operation where people have to be at the top of their game. The rewards? Just the icing on the cake.

It's true that it is difficult to find people to run LI, but at the same time, once you find them you know they 're in for the challenge, not the shiny ohmagod fat purplez loot type of person.

It's refreshing.

There is nothing refreshing of having to wate so much time between deaths.

So much time? It takes at worst 2 minutes to run back to a boss after a death and that is only for the droid. The entire instance only takes 40 minutes even when you account for a couple wipes.

Indeed. That and the run between wipes is pretty much the same for most of the flashpoints/ops in this game.

So if that's your main complaint...why direct the issue at Lost Island?

Because on that front - I dont think the runs are too long, but I'd be more than happy if there were more checkpoints, especially just before bosses.

I've never once found a team willing to do it, and I'm a very decently geared trooper. Everyone's too afraid to do it because it's too hard.

I enjoy it do it several times a week, not that hard once you know the mechanics of the fights. would i do it with a PUG hell no. i go with people that know how to play their character.

Edited by Snakeyees

Reasons to do LI HM for those already in full Rakata or above

• Rakata chest for companions
  • 8 Black Hole comms from weekly (have to do KUS as well)
  • Columi stuff for companions
  • Chance at 2 rakghoul pets
  • Vehicle achievement

Edited by Iwipe

• Vehicle achievement

Dulfy is that you? Are you actually defending what they did with this flashpoint? Nobody will waste time on my server for that. Rakata chest for comanions.... Omg? A few bh commendation? I am done with convincing ppl to go with me on lost island

Edited by NoTomorrow

Dulfy is that you? Are you actually defending what they did with this flashpoint? Nobody will waste time on my server for that. Rakata chest for comanions.... Omg? A few bh commendation? I am done with convincing ppl to go with me on lost island

I think you might be missing the point of the Rakghoul Weekly. In patch 1.2 the BH weekly, Nightmare Pilgrim, Nightmare Karagga's Palace, the Rakghoul Weekly, and EC are the only ways to get BH comms. Since many people mix and match BH mods with Campaign mods to complete their endgame gear set, it's not a waste to have a tough HM Flashpoint. Yes, it's hard to find a decent pug to do HM LI with - but that has a lot to do with the low server populations. On Fatman there's generally +2 parties doing HM LI during peak hours (and that is why we need more server merges :rak_06:

• Vehicle achievement

Don't forget the orosquab + a mount that isn't part of the vehicle quests.

LI is the funnest flashpoint in the game I just did it yesterday for the first time it took 2 hours but it was really fun and I got a rakata chest piece :D

just learn the mechanics and run it with a guild and its not that hard

I like the FP. I really do.

I would suggest to Bioware, however, thagt they ease up on the "mechanical" difficulty on some of the fights. Its not that we can't do them. The real problem is explaining it to folks over party chat. Its very difficult to explain the fights, with multiple mechanical challenges, over chat.

If we want this game to succeed, we need the HMs to be explainable over chat...not just vent. Not everyone uses vent. PUG especially don't use vent.

I'm with the crowd that this type of content is a bad direction for SWTOR.The difficulty is really artificial (it's not real difficulty when all you do is make things hit far harder than they should) let alone it's biased against melee. I'm a melee DPS and that first boss was insanely difficult because of the aoe he drops on melee and ultimately the tank. I respecced to tank and we grabbed 2 ranged DPS and instantly were doing better (let alone the fact that we beat the damn thing). The thing that was the most frustrating we all realized was a single mistake could end in a wipe. For example fighting Project Savrip, if your not juuuust close enough to him you get knocked off and die; miss an incinerate on the droid boss and there's a wipe half the time right there.

If this is the type of lazy and bias content BW plans to keep putting out, I think they'll learn soon enough the loud people who like this type of thing aren't the majority of their audience (which I think is already apparent with 25% sub loss already).

Hard mode Lost island is pretty much worthless. The risk doesn't match the reward by a long shot. The only thing it's really doing is pissing off the majority of the playerbase. I run it once a week if I'm forced to by guildies but other than that, I avoid it like the plague and it would be an extremely cold day in hell before I even think about tanking it for a PUG.

The fact that it requires raid gear to complete a 4 man group zone should send up red flags like crazy for Bioware. Four man zones are for the casuals not us raiders. If bioware keeps up with this they'll do the same thing that SOE did to EQ2 and burn the game into to the ground.

I actually find Lost Island HM really enjoyable, I am fortunate enough to be on a decently populated (oceanic server) and forming groups for it isn't really a hassle. I find if the group can get past the sentinel droid then the rest of the run is doable.

It's a good place to tune your dps/interrupt skills and as mentioned earlier a great source of weekly comms when you clear Kaon as well as the weekly. With a geared group who knows the instance it is easy to clear it in 30-45mins.

Here is a guide my guild put together for LI HM if anyone is looking for some tips and tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QFIUp0c0A

Hard mode Lost island is pretty much worthless. The risk doesn't match the reward by a long shot. The only thing it's really doing is pissing off the majority of the playerbase. I run it once a week if I'm forced to by guildies but other than that, I avoid it like the plague and it would be an extremely cold day in hell before I even think about tanking it for a PUG.

The fact that it requires raid gear to complete a 4 man group zone should send up red flags like crazy for Bioware. Four man zones are for the casuals not us raiders. If bioware keeps up with this they'll do the same thing that SOE did to EQ2 and burn the game into to the ground.

You consider Columi to be raid gear?:eek:

Nobody is defending Bioware here... you said there is no point to Lost Island in the title of your thread, and people are trying (helpfully) to point out that there is, in fact, a "point" to doing it. (many reasons, actually).

It may be fail that you can't use your speeder, and yes the runs back can be long, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there are reasons to do the flashpoint.

Again, I'm only saying this because, you accused someone of defending failures in the flashpoint because they listed concrete benefits of doing Lost Island. Maybe you can use the knowledge they shared and, when looking for group mates, list of the rewards and benefits of doing Lost Island with you.

You seem more bent out of shape that people don't agree with you than you do about the fact that the flashpoint has difficulties.

Edited by Shlamorel