If you want to play sorc/sage simple go maddness/balance

chrishill

Let's just face it tk/lightning is good for show and color ful display,pve only.pls don't bring them to pvp unless you a good supporting team (or to just have fun)maddness/balance is the only spec Worth playing from the sorc/sage tree since the heals got (whooped Nerf) dots 4 the win

strongest and most used "competitive" spec whether in PvP or endgame PvE is still the HEAL spec.

I mean it is obvious for a casual player that getting the hang of an easy madness rotation initially is easier but a good player on tk can probably put out higher dps on certain fights like styrak and maybe some others than a player on the dot spec.

where optimized dps output is not crucial sure madness is the sturdier spec as it off-heals and can survive incomming damage and burn phases better.

You are so wrong...

Best spec for sorc is Heals for both PvE and PvP, it's still the strongest healer out of all 3. If you do want to DPS in PvP, then yes, Madness is better than Lightning. But being a healer is the most useful thing a sorc can do these days in PvP...

and everybody plays a assassin atm no change to win vs them

but its the same in every mmorpg players always look for the best OP class atm

so 2 choices join them ore get killt every time

was the same with merc when it was pretty op every1 plays merc XD

its always hard to get a good balance between classes

and everybody plays a assassin atm no change to win vs them

but its the same in every mmorpg players always look for the best OP class atm

so 2 choices join them ore get killt every time

was the same with merc when it was pretty op every1 plays merc XD

its always hard to get a good balance between classes

Which pretty much proves my point when it comes to pvp, people don't want challenge, they just want to win as easily as possible.

I would prefer to do the endgame content as a madness sorcerer or a Balance Sage.....but it seems i will be refused because of players always needing to think that the best is the only acceptable class....I remember when players played whatever and did fine, now you got to be in the top 10 dps to get accepted.

• 1 month later...
I think Sorceror, as far as unranked goes, is just a class that requires a highly skilled player to be good. I personally suck with sorcerers, and haven't played them extensively, but I have fought people who pull it off, and its because they are able to multi-task really well.

Which pretty much proves my point when it comes to pvp, people don't want challenge, they just want to win as easily as possible.

I would prefer to do the endgame content as a madness sorcerer or a Balance Sage.....but it seems i will be refused because of players always needing to think that the best is the only acceptable class....I remember when players played whatever and did fine, now you got to be in the top 10 dps to get accepted.

I miss those days that you remember.

There's seven billion people on this planet and so many of them are single mindedly obsessed with what everyone *ELSE* "should" and "shouldn't" be doing-- never what they, themselves, should and shouldn't be doing.

I play whatever spec that I'm comfortable with and that I like; one that is fun to play. Nobody else gets to decide otherwise until they're paying my subscription fee. Period.

• 2 months later...

nough whining.

all classes are capable of clearing content, ppl who refuse sorcs or sages simply dont want to put the extra effort, they are the same who go for lesser effort if they can.

As for pvp, its only natural that some classes do better than others, but the above also applies to it.

• 1 month later...

I'd say 70-80% of the time I out damage just about everyone in every warzone I'm in with Madness or Lightning.

Ignore the DPS parsing, those are all assuming you are getting perfect up time on a dummy standing still. The only time I use the DPS parse if to see how I am doing with my rotation.

Now we do have a lot of hard counters in 1v1's that make things hard, it makes it so you have to know your class better than the other counter even knows theirs. Example you can be an expert on madness but a reasonably good xyz class could stomp you. I find a good powertech is the death of us in a 1v1.

You play the class you love the most, ignore the downers.