Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

maybe just offer FREE transfer to APAC server for EVERYONE(or at least for all APAC player) ?

i mean, who dont want playing with lower ping if they can

but unfortunately only hk/sg/aus/nz player can free transfer to APAC server

please dont think about paid server transfer first ffs

APAC server is dying and need help asap

merge pvp-pve-rp server into one i think not the best solution to solve this problem

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe just offer FREE transfer to APAC server for EVERYONE(or at least for all APAC player) ?

i mean, who dont want playing with lower ping if they can

but unfortunately only hk/sg/aus/nz player can free transfer to APAC server

please dont think about paid server transfer first ffs

APAC server is dying and need help asap

merge pvp-pve-rp server into one i think not the best solution to solve this problem

The sad point is the ping is high if you are HK/SG/TW on the APAC servers I get a better ping from West Coast Servers. As it is now, 20-30 of us moved from APAC back at 1.2. We are still there and just run in their mornings.

The sad point is the ping is high if you are HK/SG/TW on the APAC servers I get a better ping from West Coast Servers. As it is now, 20-30 of us moved from APAC back at 1.2. We are still there and just run in their mornings.

true, my friends sg player need tunnel service to get better ping :(

my location now just next to sg but my ping a LOT better

shame, the APAC server location is just wrong :p

true, my friends sg player need tunnel service to get better ping :(

my location now just next to sg but my ping a LOT better

shame, the APAC server location is just wrong :p

It was never APAC for a start, it was Oceanic. You guys can reach West Coast servers ok.

The pve/rp servers are doing great with f2p influx.

Edited by lollie

for SG, a lot of us in Dalborra are using tunneling services... we tested the ping to harbinger, and oceanic servers are better tho...

either way I agree that one way is to give free transfers to Oceanic servers, Merge all 3 servers, give free transfers for players within the oceanic servers....

let's see how many posts it will take to nudge bioware into taking action

There's tons of people on Dalborra. There's 128 people on Dromund Kaas alone right now. Maybe your pvp server is dead, but the other two are fine and growing. Why don't you just re-roll.

Are you seriously suggesting that I re roll 9 50's?

Nooooooooooo thank you. Infact, that's a pretty piss poor attitude fullstop. "LOL YOUR SERVER IS **** AND MINES NOT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

They could, you know, do the right thing and give us what the entire community wants.

Are you seriously suggesting that I re roll 9 50's?

Nooooooooooo thank you. Infact, that's a pretty piss poor attitude fullstop. "LOL YOUR SERVER IS **** AND MINES NOT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

They could, you know, do the right thing and give us what the entire community wants.

ah ah chill chill...

but yes it is a ridiculous suggestion, please do not ever bring up such a stupid comment ever. It takes a lot of effort to raise even ONE character.

No, an option for US or Ocenaic transfers would just dilute the player base further, we need a consolidation not a dissipation.

Speak for yourself mate. These servers have died. If you consolidate the 50 people still playing on Gav (total) with the other two it still won't even equal off peak player numbers on a US server. The US lag is only slightly worse than the "Australian" servers from my location. They might be called Oceanic servers but they cover half a hemisphere. Only Aussies get the low lag. Don't try to suggest that people who want to leave should be forced to stay simply because you want the servers merged rather than dissolved. If you want a diluted game experience that's fine by me but I prefer to sell my goods on a well stocked GTN, get warzone and group pops in under 10 seconds and see four instances of the fleet running when I log in to my toons.

I decided that I will stay only if they merge all 3 servers now if they don't I think that's a sign that problems will occur in the future and also this will cause a decrease in the playing experience that every player should be having and being able to enjoy the game there investing in each month. Now with the RP server I wouldn't have a clue on what those guys would think yeah you might see a few people on the forums say they want a merge what about the die hard RP community I can't see them being happy but time will tell and hopefully they take those golden shoes off for a pair of jandals.

Funny how the only people wanting free transfers are the people on the best populated Oceanic servers, because they assume everyone will transfer to their server.

This is NOT AN OPTION. I do not want to split up my characters, my guild, my level 50 legacy or even lose the Master D community. Please stop saying transfers would fix everything, cause they won't. BioWare would then be running 2 servers with virtually nobody left on them and the cost would outweigh the gain.

Re-rolling is also not an option. Once again, level 50 legacy, guild, 6 level 50s. Not gonna happen.

Financially, the best choice for BioWare and the community is a server merge.

Edited by Chaori

ah ah chill chill...

but yes it is a ridiculous suggestion, please do not ever bring up such a stupid comment ever. It takes a lot of effort to raise even ONE character.

When I shifted from US servers to Oceanic servers I rerolled, wasn't that traumatic.

SERVER NUMBERS ARE FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

been playing back for 2 weeks now was slow befoure free to play but 100 people per planet on average rather then 100 people in the whole game is a good start relax hold on to ya panties and be thankful we have servers

merging servers from different types is not an option

as for wpvp it don't happen in this game that's why all the pvp people left for gw2 get over it this is a pve game at heart

i have wz and fp and ops going of in random finder in around 5 minets

thats less then wow in most cases

Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix

ah ah chill chill...

it takes 2 months of casuall play to make 1 lvl 50 its not hard at all i have toons on 3 servers

my sig lists 1 server

Edited by TheLordMagnus

it takes 2 months of casuall play to make 1 lvl 50 its not hard at all i have toons on 3 servers

my sig lists 1 server

"It takes 2 months of casual play to make 1 lvl 50"

"its not hard at all"

I think you just contradicted yourself. 2 months for 1 level 50, considering people have multiple level 50s, is a lot of time and effort spent on that Legacy.

been playing back for 2 weeks now was slow befoure free to play but 100 people per planet on average rather then 100 people in the whole game is a good start relax hold on to ya panties and be thankful we have servers

as for wpvp it don't happen in this game that's why all the pvp people left for gw2 get over it this is a pve game at heart

you must work for Bioware, level a toon to 30 via WZs and groupfinder on a US server, you won't even need to rethink your post.

you will see very quickly that you are being screwed by being stuck on a APAC server, It's not even the same game

In the very slight chance that BW may see this post, I personally think the optimal solution would be:

• Merged the 3 servers to a new high pop PVE server and include a role playing channel[/List]

• Offered free transfers TO APAC servers for those that have already bailed out (this would need to be on offer for 6 months or so because i imagine these players would like to see how the pop is on the merged server before committing to returning)[/List]

• Offered free transfers for Gav Daragon (RP) players FROM APAC for those not satisfied with just an RP channel[/List]

• Offered free transfers for Master Dal'nara (PVP) players FROM APAC for those who are desperate for a PVP server (more so than lower latency)[/List]

Do i expect all this? No. But it would be incredible if they managed it

Feel free to add/comment (but not illogically attack) on any of this

Are you high (reading your first line is a pretty good indication actually)?. 100 peeople per planet on average? I'll need some proof..

Edited by laz_AU

Having recently bought games like War of the Roses, where their servers have ping limiters which stops me from even being able to play at all, I have to say this isn't the worse situation possible.

Even if its not the worst however, I do feel a change is needed to resolve the shortage of players on specific oceanic servers. It may not benefit everyone, but its a problem, and it needs fixing.

Now I think we can all say that there is certainly one problem though that effects everyone here, and that's the promise Bioware made to fix this quickly, which never came about. Is it still getting fixed next week? or is it the next week after the next week now Bioware?

Edited by Selvec

Speak for yourself mate. These servers have died. If you consolidate the 50 people still playing on Gav (total) with the other two it still won't even equal off peak player numbers on a US server.

You don't need the pop of a US server, I think a lot of players would come back to the game or from US servers if they did a merger and the pop increased significantly.

You don't need the pop of a US server, I think a lot of players would come back to the game or from US servers if they did a merger and the pop increased significantly.

it depends how far they got when they reroll on the U.S. servers if they have already put enough time on the toons on the U.S. servers they might not come abck anyways

No, you don't NEED the population of a US server but once you've experienced how fun the game is when there are that many people around you don't want to settle for anything less. If Bioware somehow comes up with a solution that can make an Oceanic server with that kind of population then I will consider moving my toon from the Harbinger back home to Oceania. I'm not holding my breath though.

it depends how far they got when they reroll on the U.S. servers if they have already put enough time on the toons on the U.S. servers they might not come abck anyways

I never will, I have 6 50's abandoned on Dalborra, and now have 2 50's and a 33 on Harbinger, its just so different, in a good way, playing on a server with thousands of players, this was well before F2P, now its insane. :D

No, you don't NEED the population of a US server but once you've experienced how fun the game is when there are that many people around you don't want to settle for anything less. If Bioware somehow comes up with a solution that can make an Oceanic server with that kind of population then I will consider moving my toon from the Harbinger back home to Oceania. I'm not holding my breath though.

It will never happen, the US has cities with bigger populations than the whole of aus, and whatever they do, it will ultimately be just a band-aid solution to a severed head.

As for merging, its mainly the pvp crowd, and understandably so, as ping is important in pvp, pve is no where near as important, as the warnings you get and timing needed is far more lax, I get a pretty solid 240 on Harbinger, and it has never caused me any grief in denova or any raid.

Go back and have a good look throughout this entire thread, I cant see one post from a Gav D patron, thats because they are probably happy with how it is, but some people want to uproot them, probably lose names, all for the sake of the 50 people left from nala? and what about the PVP expansions, if they introduce really compelling open world pvp, what are the people that come from nala going to do? I'll tell you, they'll scream from the rooftops that the sole apac server doesnt allow them to experience this, its lose lose from the company's point.

What ever they decide, you can be assured of one thing, some people are going to get screwed, there is simply no way around that.