Mods from commendation vendors.

FearHAVOK

Hi all, ive been leveling my first toon, jedi sentinel, over the past few weeks and have noticed something odd about the commendation vendors; they dont sell 'Might' mods at the same level as they do with the other ones. for example i go to the mod commendation vendor on alderron to purchase with tokens mods for my orange gear. the vendor only sells might armoring 12 and no might mods. they do however sell guardian mod/armoring 13, along with all of the other lines aswell.

i assumed this is because the devs dont want us being able to buy what we want for cheap, as it takes away from the crafting game.

did anyone else notice this?

Hi all, ive been leveling my first toon, jedi sentinel, over the past few weeks and have noticed something odd about the commendation vendors; they dont sell 'Might' mods at the same level as they do with the other ones. for example i go to the mod commendation vendor on alderron to purchase with tokens mods for my orange gear. the vendor only sells might armoring 12 and no might mods. they do however sell guardian mod/armoring 13, along with all of the other lines aswell.

i assumed this is because the devs dont want us being able to buy what we want for cheap, as it takes away from the crafting game.

did anyone else notice this?

Yup, it's the same for Resolve/Force Wielder (Willpower) and Skill/Patron (Cunning). Haven't checked Aim but I assume that's the case too.

Because of this, if you don't craft or buy crafted gear/mods from the 30s-40s, you'll be behind on gearing. (Unless, I guess, you have a full 40 PvP set.)

Commendation Mod's are skewed towards Tanks.

Guardian/Resolve/Commando are Tanking mods (Endurance>other status).

All Smuggler/IA favour Skill>Patron anyway (as all need more cunning than endurance, since they can't tank), so that one isn't a problem.

I guess they see it that tanks need easier access to gear than other classes. Which I can understand, because Tanks are completely dependent on their Armour, where as you can get by somewhat playing a under-geared Healer or DPS. Not that you are every really under-geared as you can easily complete this game using just the green story gear given to you for doing story quests.

ahh makes sense. i thought they may have sold different stuff based on your class but i guess that makes more sense. the next planet is selling different mods now that are actually quite useful for me so it doesnt really bother me.

thanks for the insight everyone!