Well I'm not guarding any nodes in PvP anymore, lol

BocaProwler

No developers with half a brain cell would give a Stealth class this much damage AND let them keep their CC.

Simple as that. If they had removed some of their CC/escape sure, give them more damage, but like this...

But then again the developers have proven time and time again they don`t play their game... and they don`t even understand how PvP in MMO`s even works.

You will now see a lot of people getting killed during the stun... they won`t find the game fun anymore and most likely quit. There was no reason to do this, there were players winning every 1v1 with an operative scoundrel, now they just obliterate the enemy.

This more of an example of a troll post. See the difference?

If my stating what I have noticed today seems like crying, well, not much I can say to you, you've mad up your mind. As far as the L2P comments, no class was taking me down in 5 seconds or less before today's patch. Granted I am not a tank spec'd class, but I have guarded a ton out of necessity. What I am saying is that for the last 8 months or so I have been able to guard a node and not die so darn quick. Yes, I have had assassins take me out 1 on 1, but I could live long enough to adrenal, medpack and use all my defensive cooldowns, or at least long enough to have a chance at backup.

No developers with half a brain cell would give a Stealth class this much damage AND let them keep their CC.

Simple as that. If they had removed some of their CC/escape sure, give them more damage, but like this...

But then again the developers have proven time and time again they don`t play their game... and they don`t even understand how PvP in MMO`s even works.

You will now see a lot of people getting killed during the stun... they won`t find the game fun anymore and most likely quit. There was no reason to do this, there were players winning every 1v1 with an operative scoundrel, now they just obliterate the enemy.

I could easily kill weaker players during stun without the buff .. whats your point?

Bottom line - everyone complains after every balancing patch .. this will die down when the FOTM's figure out how hard it actually is to play a DPS OP. It requires skill unlike the smasher 1 button classes.

I figured out how hard it is. About on a par with tying shoelaces. Seems everyone else has figured it out too. So far, every 8 man team I have been on has had 4 or more ops or scoundrels.

Just finished an Alderaan Civil War. We won by 120 points. But here was the composition:

Republic (My team): 3 Shadows, 1 Sentinel, 4 Scoundrels.

Empire: 8 Operatives.

Every last player a DPS spec. Sooooo much turnover.

Oh, and I guess now people get to see the 3-4 shotting I've been QQ-ing about since the new Bolster exploits went live.

I have to admit to a bit of schadenfreude...

Lol. I can't wait to see this.

Hope to be on tonight. I will hate to see one with those 2 2-piece PvE set bonuses I have been talking about in the bolster threads as being an issue since there is no expertise penalty to use them. Everyone worried about a little power....HAH!

Hope to be on tonight. I will hate to see one with those 2 2-piece PvE set bonuses I have been talking about in the bolster threads as being an issue since there is no expertise penalty to use them. Everyone worried about a little power....HAH!

Might respec and join the flavorful horde. I'll be rusty enough to blend in. :rak_03:

I was doing that yesterday .. no problems ..

And an hour ago I was jumped on my Vanguard by 2 OPs in huttball near one to the heal nodes. I took them both down alone (was able to get the heal), but they weren't very good.

The issue is that an OP that is comparable to me in gear and skill, can take out someone in a few seconds. There is absolutely nothing I can do when I am stunned for the duration it takes me to die. Not every OP can do this, but the decent ones can, and that is the issue, you can now be killed before your resolve bar is full by 1 other class.

It's not that I have an issue with OPs/Scoundrels, it's that I have an issue with any class being able to either kill you or get you down below 25% health before you can actually do anything to defend yourself.

Edited by BocaProwler

And an hour ago I was jumped on my Vanguard by 2 OPs in huttball near one to the heal nodes. I took them both down alone (was able to get the heal), but they weren't very good.

The issue is that an OP that is comparable to me in gear and skill, can take out someone in a few seconds. There is absolutely nothing I can do when I am stunned for the duration it takes me to die. Not every OP can do this, but the decent ones can, and that is the issue, you can now be killed before your resolve bar is full by 1 other class.

It's not that I have an issue with OPs/Scoundrels, it's that I have an issue with any class being able to either kill you or get you down below 25% health before you can actually do anything to defend yourself.

If your CC breaker is on CD, everything crits, and you don't manage to get off a DCD before the 4 second stun? Yeah, dead enemy.

Example: Today on an ACW, a deception sin came to take the node, I crit on EVERYTHING, and killed him in about 6 seconds.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

And I bet most know why after 2.6

I'll take a swing... is it because you are a Commando/Merc and realized that your class sucks at PvP? Reroll an Op/Soundrel and own with average skill. So many complainers... this game is great for alts... live them, love them, reroll them.

Now, let's work towards getting Commando/Mercs some camoflague or invisibility skills to help them out and make them viable (I'd say viable again, but have they ever been in PvP?)

Edited by Lord_Boaz

The issue is that an OP that is comparable to me in gear and skill, can take out someone in a few seconds.

There is absolutely nothing I can do when I am stunned for the duration it takes me to die. Not every OP can do this, but the decent ones can, and that is the issue, you can now be killed before your resolve bar is full by 1 other class.

No way Oper can kill a target in one stun. It is 1.5 + 4 sec. Basically 3 gcd (one wasted on Stun).

30K HP = 10K hits 3 times in a row.

Opers do not have that kind of damage

Edited by Missandei

I'll take a swing... is it because you are a Commando/Merc and realized that your class sucks at PvP? Reroll an Op/Soundrel and own with average skill. So many complainers... this game is great for alts... live them, love them, reroll them.

Now, let's work towards getting Commando/Mercs some camoflague or invisibility skills to help them out and make them viable (I'd say viable again, but have they ever been in PvP?)

Commando\Mercs have one of the best Burst DPS. And relatively good defense CD. At least Arsenal/Ap skill tree. +Stealth Scan. If you are constantly losing 1vs1 to oper as Merc.. well.. you are bad.

Edited by Missandei

I played several games yesterday with my respecced to conceal Op, and as far as i know i did not cause anyone to unsub.

I must be slippin'

That's the way it went for me last night. I'm definitely better on my slinger so tried that as well to see if other ops were more painful. Surprisingly didn't see a lot and of what I did, not a problem . And my sniper used to be a tasty target to t g see guys....

No way Oper can kill a target in one stun. It is 1.5 + 4 sec. Basically 3 gcd (one wasted on Stun).

30K HP = 10K hits 3 times in a row.

Opers do not have that kind of damage

10k hidden strike is possible, then the dot will tick for ~4kish, so if you could crit on lacerate twice with both relics up it is possible, though not likely - still by the time they actually stand up you can usually get at least one more "Free" hit in that would finish them off.

After playing my scoundrel I can honestly say that the damage seems a bit over the top, but considering the fact that we still melt I'm not sure that it really matters.

Pretty simple to recognize the difference between casual "I want to play an f2p-MMO with LAZORSWORDS!!! and I play only 1 class and 1 faction, cause I'm masterplayer-rulor-ONE!!!" and the experienced, true gamer, who has multiple toons, an understanding of every class mechanic and plays both sides.

First QQs about the big, bad operatives and their stunlock (and makes himself look like a total idiot, because every experienced gamer knows ops having only one stun^^), the second one doesn't realy care about the last patch.

The only thing which drives an experienced SWTOR-Player mad are brain-amputee keyboardturning idiots posting absolute nonsense at the forum, just because these brain-amputee, keyboardturning idiots don't know how to L2P.

Important message to every QQer: Nerfing other classes won't make you a better player. You will still suck.

It's not your class, that's too weak. You are loosing, because you are loosers. L2P and stop crying.