Moronic group @ Athiss

Starting flashpoint, no-talk, takearound 5 minutes to kill the first batch of droids before slicing the elevator and coming down - something that usually takes 30 seconds... kill the first batch of yozusk or whatever they're called cuz healer was backing me up while tank and the other DPS were taking the scenic route or something, don't know.

Tank, Healer and other DPS stood ages staring at the explosive cache which I already collected.

Being a tank that somehow was put in dps role I decided to advance on 2nd batch of yosusk and without the back-up didn't last long. got kick vote, and before realizing what was going on, i was out.

Naming because of the lack of a valid reason to kick and because if they wanted to take the scenic route they just needed to say so, and I would've gone along with it,..

Server Red Eclipse

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

Starting flashpoint, no-talk, takearound 5 minutes to kill the first batch of droids before slicing the elevator and coming down - something that usually takes 30 seconds... kill the first batch of yozusk or whatever they're called cuz healer was backing me up while tank and the other DPS were taking the scenic route or something, don't know.

Tank, Healer and other DPS stood ages staring at the explosive cache which I already collected.

Being a tank that somehow was put in dps role I decided to advance on 2nd batch of yosusk and without the back-up didn't last long. got kick vote, and before realizing what was going on, i was out.

Names:

Dartowl

Adnoctuma

Lost the last name, might've been Dartbart or something close to that...

Naming because of the lack of a valid reason to kick and because if they wanted to take the scenic route they just needed to say so, and I would've gone along with it,..

Server Red Eclipse

Well first off it's understandable why they kicked you, you pulled for when (for whatever reason) they weren't quite ready which is something most players will find annoying. Maybe one of the players was afk or maybe one of them had scavenging and wanted to grab the droid follower at the start and you were rushing forward preventing them from doing that.

Secondly by naming them what do you hope to achieve? I like many others are not going to update our ignore lists because you say so. And from the information you provided it doesn't look like they did anything wrong.

When I go into a sub 50 flash point, I expect bad players. It's bound to happen because, A) The group will most likely be made up of people that are new to the game. B) Higher chance F2Pers will be there, and they might not have the unlock for orange/purple gear, which gimps them and the group.

So yeah...there will probably be many mistake pulls, tanks who que as DPS then act like a tank anyway(which will annoy the person who is actually set in the tank role), 'healers' who're actually spec'd as DPS that can't keep anyone up, etc. But I deal with the blows because most sub 50 flash points can be done with even the worst of groups. The only point I will leave/vote kick is when someone starts being rude, or ninja loots everything.

Edited by Radzkie

Well first off it's understandable why they kicked you, you pulled for when (for whatever reason) they weren't quite ready which is something most players will find annoying. Maybe one of the players was afk or maybe one of them had scavenging and wanted to grab the droid follower at the start and you were rushing forward preventing them from doing that.

Secondly by naming them what do you hope to achieve? I like many others are not going to update our ignore lists because you say so. And from the information you provided it doesn't look like they did anything wrong.

Ready or not, pull or not, no1 was making me aware of whatever reason was holding them back... And even if it was a reason of a language barrier it's no excuse because there was no attempt at telling me " look dude we're doing this and that " in english,or in their language, if that was the problem.

For example today in athiss again i had to tutor a healer who was running out of the prophet's room when the flames went after him, and we all know what happens when one enters/re-enters that room during fight..

But I stood there telling him what's wrong and why without making a fuss and most definetly without a gratitious kick and eventually we got through.

If they gave me a half-assed warning of stuff I would've stopped doing that, but no, you don't just kick people out of the blue..

Just posted this not for the kick in itself , but for the way it was given.

You joined with dps role selected and without even so much as asking from from the rest of the group if it is ok, started to act as if you were the tank. I would kick you too and without warning. Clearly you knew what you were doing also.

Besides "name and shame" posts are against the rules here (as they are in the official forums of just about any mmo).

Forum ban coming up.

You joined with dps role selected and without even so much as asking from from the rest of the group if it is ok, started to act as if you were the tank. I would kick you too and without warning. Clearly you knew what you were doing also.

Also, they may of vote kicked him simply because he was a tank in a DPS role. It annoys a lot of people. Since he didn't mention field respeccing to DPS at any point, he's half the reason mobs took so long to kill.

Edited by Radzkie

When you said they sat there looking at the bombs for a long time, they were probably wondering what was going on because they didn't see the pop up. Did you even think to say: hey, I got the bombs! We are good to go.

Don't blame people because it sounds like you were in a super hurry to get through that flash point. If you wanted to be a tank, then you should have left and requeue'ed, not stayed as dps and tried to tank.

I've told my own guildies: I don't care anymore about this "GF made me do it" excuse because if you PAY ATTENTION to the queue pop it TELLS YOU what you are and you can just hit decline. Being lazy and not paying attention is no one's fault but yours.

Yeah ok I do see where some of you are coming from... I've removed the names, and yes I was in a hurry to get that run done...

The guys have my apologies for taking too much initiative where I shouldn't be the one taking it.. Looks like the only moron in this is me :) sorry again

I agree with some of the other posters that you are as much to blame as them.

First of all, it's a lowbie flash point, HM FPs are already bad enough but you MUST expect ateast 1 or 2 that don't know what they are doing when you que for low level FP (anything under 50 is a low level FP in my book)

Did you politely try to communicate with them or try to coach them?

Sometimes new FPs can be quite overwhelming to newer players and they don't always know what to do.

I'm currently leveling another toon and I'm more disturbed by the "experienced" players and their behaviors and attitudes in low level FPs than I am NEW players who are still learning.

I ran several FPs this week and in one of them there was another player leveling an alt. and the other 2 were newbs. The other guy decided on his own that this was going to be a speed run...Really? What's the point of a speed run a low levels? You are there for exp as the loot isn't even all that good. Needless to say, it was frustrating trying to coach some newbs through and deal with Speedy Gonzales. On another FP I was in an all newb group that did just about everything wrong. It was quite humorous. I politely coached them through, teaching them about CCs, kill order, proper role expectations, etc. it took 2x longer than I anticipated but by the end we were functioning like a group and 1 shotted the final boss. I turned out to be a delight and a lot of fun, it reminded me of my newb days.

I say all this because I really am disturbed by the trend of "experienced" players leveling toons and expecting all other low levels to "know the game" when we should be assuming that they are in fact low levels and are likely in need of some kind guidance. So if you are not in the mood for stupid pulls, broken CCs, troopers wearing STR gear, and downright inexplicable behavior, well... You might want to run Low level FPs with guild members only.

Personally I find them enjoyable (though it CAN be frustrating at times) and humorous. I look at it as an opportunity to share some experience with some who quite obviously could use a little :)

So to the OP, lighten up a little and try going in with a little different expectation, you might have more fun and actually be helpful to someone along the way.

Yeah ok I do see where some of you are coming from... I've removed the names, and yes I was in a hurry to get that run done...

The guys have my apologies for taking too much initiative where I shouldn't be the one taking it.. Looks like the only moron in this is me :) sorry again

Good for you. None of us like eating humble pie, but you showed that you have character to look at another perspective and realize that perhaps you were partly to blame. If more people could reflect on their errors in this manner SW would be better for it.

So.. erm... what's the point in this thread?

A person complaining about the lack of coordination/communication in lowbie flashpoints.

Honestly, I try and solo the lowbie stuff (25/40 companions means I'm really 2 manning it) and just avoid the "what's a CC?" or "I'm a tank? No, my character is a Human, how do I transform into a tank?" issues. Usually people doing HM LFG will have learned the basics of the their class and you don't have to handhold them. Besides, I like occasionally having to explain stuff like Mentor (HM D7). There's nothing wrong in teaching someone the mechanics for a fight.

The only thing that has ever really annoyed me is when someone either has their party channel disabled (why people do this when in a group without voice chat I don't know, or when they go AFK and don't say why - especially when they do it mid boss fight.

Edited by AshlaBoga

As a new player, less than a week old, I would actually appreciate it if more expirienced players would coach, give pointers. How do you expect newbies to get the most out of thier toons if noone to guide them. How will you know that person going to that 50 HC didn't gimp along to get there, or omg it's their first time and don't know the layout or all the ins and outs. Edited by RaineyDaze

As a new player, less than a week old, I would actually appreciate it if more expirienced players would coach, give pointers. How do you expect newbies to get the most out of thier toons if noone to guide them. How will you know that person going to that 50 HC didn't gimp along to get there, or omg it's their first time and don't know the layout or all the ins and outs.

Some people do. When I'm leveling up an Alt I always ask at beginning "Does everyone know the FP?" If someone says no then I will explain it to them as I go. I figure a few minutes of investment now may lower my aggravation level in the future if I group with the person.

If the person is friendly and engaging I'll happily help them out. I've been known to run random friendlies through lower level FPs multiple times with one of my 50s to help gear them out etc.

So general rule of thumb. Be honest that you don't know the FP. Be friendly and it could pay off for you in a big way.

wow, thats worse then my last athiss run

This Douchebag PT, TheeFallin, decked in Gear from Droumand Kaas decided to try playing tank

we didn't take him srsly and tried to boot him for general Douchery. i messed up and accidently pressed abstain......bad move

after he nearly died multiple times from pulling without us (I was the Tank) i let him have some of the Athiss Drops so he could actually pull some of his weight

then he decided to declare

ok IM TANKING THIS LAST BOSS

...without stopping to help kill the 2 Champions that were on the rest of us

needless to say, he died fast.

when he respawned, he aggro'd and sic'd EVERY CHAMPION IN THAT DAMN TOMB on us screaming "THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO TANK!!!" (7 champs vs his 3, unlike this ubertank, we actually killed some before going down) we might have won if i didnt try to run and evade them (bad move in retrospect, but whatever)

when we died

"whats this, i thought you were the ****" his words

didn't press the wrong button that time

i ran into him again 2 days later as my alt, this time on Cademimu (ruining a would be perfect day in doing so)

after more of his BS and a few IRL distractions, we were at the final boss where i didn't get out of the fire fast enough (didn't die, nothing the healer couldn't deal with)

i was promptly bombarded by

"OH WHATS THAT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SOME TANKING GOD? TOO STUPID TO STAY OUTTA THE FIRE" (again, his actual words)

in my defense was helping out my IRL friend who was playing TOR on my laptop, he accedently hit the run/walk thing

it was so hard to not respond with "even Gods make mistakes, you being here is one of them"

this time, i remembered to ignore him on the rest of my alts

Prophacy of the Five