Can you solo a Flashpoint?

This may have been asked and answered, but when I did a search and found over 500 threads and well, I didn't want to try and read all of them...

First, I am new to this game, played one week and I am loving it.

So, are the Flashpoints level specific or can you go in at a higher level solo and complete it?

We all know that the first flashpoint you get is when you get to the station after leaving the starting zone. So, is that one designed for like a level 10 to 12 character? Could a level 20 enter it and solo it successfully?

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: As long as you're about 8 or so levels above, most of the mobs won't be able to hit you, so you shouldn't have a hard time soloing stuff. This holds true up until Colicoid, which can't really be solo'd.

You can but there is no point unless you are looking for specific pieces of orange gear (which I was, so I did).

Realize all the gear that drops is for a level range that you are well-beyond by the time it can be solo'd easily. (unless it can be upgraded)

If you are farming for credits, then it is better to run through a planet and do all the heroics for some easy cash if you have done all the level 50 dailies.

But fair warning, once you reach level 50, it is ALL about group play. So do not become too used to having fun doing your own thing, because at 50 all of that changes.

Edited by CriticalMasses