Why did I lose my guild name

QuinlanSaathis

Lost Guild Name - Advised by CS to Talk to Dev via Forums (Eric, Keith please read)

Came back from a short break and my guild name of many years had "expired"

I have never heard of this before.

Taken breaks much longer than this one, up to a year and still had the guild name when I returned.

So ***???

Edited by QuinlanSaathis
Edited to change the topic to draw attention of Eric and Keith as per CS recommendations

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came back from a short break and my guild name of many years had "expired"

I have never heard of this before.

Taken breaks much longer than this one, up to a year and still had the guild name when I returned.

So ***???

My best guess on this would be that someone reported the guild name and a CS rep pushed through a forced name change on it.

Then it was forced changed. You can ask BW why it was changed, but with the length of time that's gone by....it's probably not worth it.

You can always just change it back if you have a free change available or use cc's to change it back.

Of course its worth it...

I want to know why my years old guild suddenly loses its name.

It is awaiting a forced name change but my name is gone (of course)

The name was Sanctuary.

I would bet money that the name was reported by someone as crossing some sort of religious lines. If you cannot see that, maybe take some time to reflect on it. Could have even been a deliberate reporting, by someone who did not like you are was a guild member. /shrug.

I'm not taking a stance on the name, nor implying you did anything wrong..... simply helping you understand why it might have been forced with a rename. Neither you, nor I, nor any other player, decides what to do about a reported name... the studio does.

AND: The fact that you have a name for a long time, even years, does not mean it cannot get reported and actioned later on.

Edited by Andryah

Of course its worth it...

I want to know why my years old guild suddenly loses its name.

It is awaiting a forced name change but my name is gone (of course)

Fully understand you on this, if it was my guild I would want to know as well. However this is also not something any of us can answer for you. Others may well of had the same happen but that does not necessarily mean it was for the same reason. So only BW can answer this for you. You could send in a in-game ticket but personally I would phone them.

Hope you get the answer/explanation from BW.

Isn't it possible that if it was an inactive guild, someone asked Bioware to free up the name so they could take it?

This is my thinking exactly. Had he been active, it never would have happened...but when you quit, you forfeit your claim to names.

Gone are the days you can walk away and expect to have your name when you return.

My wife didn't play TSW for like 7 months, she was subbed, just didn't play. They erased all her chars names because she had not logged in for 6 months, even though she was subbed. Not that it matters in the big picture, TSW is being wiped.

Gone are the days you can walk away and expect to have your name when you return.

My wife didn't play TSW for like 7 months, she was subbed, just didn't play. They erased all her chars names because she had not logged in for 6 months, even though she was subbed. Not that it matters in the big picture, TSW is being wiped.

Since you are quoting other games.

My lifetime account on LOTRO still has all names and everything I left it with, I haven't played in 4 or 5 years now.

Bottom line here was I was subbed, still am and it was only a couple of months.

Its my name, they can't just "free it up" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Since you are quoting other games.

My lifetime account on LOTRO still has all names and everything I left it with, I haven't played in 4 or 5 years now.

Bottom line here was I was subbed, still am and it was only a couple of months.

Its my name, they can't just "free it up" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So send in a ticket and ask EAWare. Sadly, if the guild name is already taken by someone else, I highly doubt they'll give it back to you, regardless of the reason they took it away in the first place. But at least you can find out why you were forced to rename your guild.

So send in a ticket and ask EAWare. Sadly, if the guild name is already taken by someone else, I highly doubt they'll give it back to you, regardless of the reason they took it away in the first place. But at least you can find out why you were forced to rename your guild.

I already have

And why?

They took it from me without cause or explanation, they can do the same to whoever the hell has it now.

I already have

And why?

They took it from me without cause or explanation, they can do the same to whoever the hell has it now.

Because EAWare had a reason to take it away in the first place. Now, I don't know what that reason is, and it may have been a terrible reason or a nonsensical reason, but they still had a reason of some kind. It's not like EAWare just goes through the guild listings and forces renames randomly at whim. That is why I doubt they will give it back to you--especially if someone else has it now in a guild with more than one member. Why? Because companies would rather only piss one customer off rather than potentially dozens or hundreds of regularly paying customers.

Also, as far as not notifying you, I don't know how long you were absent from the game, but you may want to do a search through the email account attached to your account and see if CS ever sent you a notice about the guild name change when they did it. That will help you pin down the timeline better and also hopefully give you their reason for changing the name.

Edited by AscendingSky

This is my thinking exactly. Had he been active, it never would have happened...but when you quit, you forfeit your claim to names.

This is my only guess. Send in a ticket and ask, it can't hurt.

Edited by Jerqa

Because EAWare had a reason to take it away in the first place. Now, I don't know what that reason is, and it may have been a terrible reason or a nonsensical reason, but they still had a reason of some kind. It's not like EAWare just goes through the guild listings and forces renames randomly at whim. That is why I doubt they will give it back to you--especially if someone else has it now in a guild with more than one member. Why? Because companies would rather only piss one customer off rather than potentially dozens or hundreds of regularly paying customers.

Also, as far as not notifying you, I don't know how long you were absent from the game, but you may want to do a search through the email account attached to your account and see if CS ever sent you a notice about the guild name change when they did it. That will help you pin down the timeline better and also hopefully give you their reason for changing the name.

I took a break from the game, not from email, nothing came in from CS.

The guild does not just have one member, there are multiple accounts attached to it.

But it is mine and no one else could have made the change.

I took a break from the game, not from email, nothing came in from CS.

The guild does not just have one member, there are multiple accounts attached to it.

But it is mine and no one else could have made the change.

Okay, I'm confused... you said you were the only person in the guild (making it a vanity guild), but now you're saying multiple accounts are attached to it? Do you have multiple accounts you're paying for then?

Okay, I'm confused... you said you were the only person in the guild (making it a vanity guild), but now you're saying multiple accounts are attached to it? Do you have multiple accounts you're paying for then?

Old friends that used to play.

Its a holding guild for assets we have accumulated (which includes our name)

I still play so I look after it.

I have RL contact with all of them and none of them have logged in recently nor done anything to the name of the guild.