Low level flashpoints *Hammer Station* final bosses seem out of whack

So ran into hammer station with a group. We did fine the entire way, never wiped, no one died. Then we got to the final boss and tried about seven times before we gave up due to equipment durability and no medpacks.

It seems like these low level bosses do a bit too much damage for the level of the flashpoint. It's a level 17 flashpoint, but everyone in the group was 18-20. Maybe one problem was that we had a powertech and a marauder, so were light on dps, but these low level flashpoints should be a bit more forgiving when it comes to group composition.

Sorry if this sounds like a newbie rant. I've been playing MMOs for awhile now, and I'm just a bit perplexed at the level of difficulty of the beginner flashpoints.

Battlelord Kreshan is pretty easy if you stay away from his bombs and his Sweeping Gunfire. You can run away from both attacks without much difficulty, but Sweeping Gunfire can also be interrupted IIRC (it's been awhile).

In my experience, wiping on Kreshan usually happens because group members ignore positioning and just take Sweeping Gunfire or a bomb straight in the face, assuming they can shrug it off like an attack from some random mob.

Edited by Euphrosyne

Battlelord Kreshan is pretty easy if you stay away from his bombs and his Sweeping Gunfire. You can run away from both attacks without much difficulty, but Sweeping Gunfire can also be interrupted IIRC (it's been awhile).

In my experience, wiping on Kreshan usually happens because group members ignore positioning and just take Sweeping Gunfire or a bomb straight in the face, assuming they can shrug it off like an attack from some random mob.

Exactly. At the beginning, the tank should take him and face him towards the console behind him, and the rest of the room is to DPS and healer to avoid aoe and kill adds in. The sweeping blasters will also not change direction after it starts casting, so even the tank can sidestep it.

If everyone avoid the aoe and the dps kill the adds as soon as they spawn, it's a very easy fight. As a level 15 healer I've healed dps trough it after the tank got himself killed, and then healed handled it completely solo at 17 when the rest of my group did the same (by getting knocked into the pit and standing in the aoe). An operative won't be able to handle it solo that way (I could only do it by using my knockback to throw the adds over the edge when they spawned), but sorcs and mercs should.

In my experience, wipes in this happen if a. The tank doesn't turn the boss and the whole team has to take whole sweeping gunfire, b. Dps ignore the adds, c. People stand at aoe, d. the healer doesn't have any balance on completing his heals vs. avoiding aoe. (I've actually had a commando healer who healed with nothing but hammer shots because he said he can't activate anything else before he has to avoid another aoe)

What makes this boss so hard may be that this the actually the first boss that actually require some tactics. I mean, other than staying out of aoe/backing up when cyclone-thing casts, everything on black talon, The Esseless and Hammer Station (before this boss) can more or less be done with kill them till they're dead-tactic, but this one can't.

Sorry, meant to say power tech tank and juggernaut tank, me being the juggernaut.

I was avoiding the aoes and the sweeping gunfire, and so was the sith assassin. I think the healer *commando? was healing with green gunshots* and the power tech were eating a lot of the aoes though, as I noticed the healer standing in the red circles, despite being repeatedly told not to.

It may have just been a situation where two of us were trying hard, and two of the people either didn't have the experience or didn't have the situational awareness required of the encounter.

The tactics for this have been said before, I have both tanked and healed Battlelord Kreshan on many occasions and have had many wipes due to people not standing in the correct place, not killing adds or avoiding AoE, I always ask at the start of the fight 'Everyone know tactics?' Always have the tank turn the boss so their back is facing the console. Once had a tank refuse to do this as he was adamant he would be knocked off. After 3 wipes I quit, So the boss is a little more difficult to do than the previous ones yes but it is teaching you about tactics which are important for later Flashpoints and eve more so for Hard Modes and Operations.

The tactics for this have been said before, I have both tanked and healed Battlelord Kreshan on many occasions and have had many wipes due to people not standing in the correct place, not killing adds or avoiding AoE, I always ask at the start of the fight 'Everyone know tactics?' Always have the tank turn the boss so their back is facing the console. Once had a tank refuse to do this as he was adamant he would be knocked off. After 3 wipes I quit, So the boss is a little more difficult to do than the previous ones yes but it is teaching you about tactics which are important for later Flashpoints and eve more so for Hard Modes and Operations.

To be fair, you do have to be careful of his KB, but you can easily turn him without the pit and KB being a real worry. And if your tank was acting like that... that's a bummer, but you all could have moved to the sides then. Kind of what happens sometimes in PUGs, you roll with it.

I can assure it its not out of whack. Pretty much every mechanic is avoidable damage.

- Adds can be knocked off the edge as soon as they spawn.

- Sweeping gunfire hits like a truck, but is a narrow un-moving conal and very easy to move out of.

- Circles also hit hard but easily avoided.

We ran this with 3 level 15 Shadows in a PUG after our healer DCed and we were fine. It helped that we'd all run it before and knew what we were doing. Yes if you stand in the stupid it hits hard and you may wipe repeatedly, but that doesn't mean its over tuned.

To be fair, you do have to be careful of his KB, but you can easily turn him without the pit and KB being a real worry.

Of course you need to deal with the KB, but you hardly have to be careful to manage it. You have a pretty big margin of error where you'll just be knocked into the console instead of down the pit.