An immersive suggestion for Legacies

Oompaw

I think we're all still in the dark a bit about what all we will get with legacies. From what I understand, we will be able to set the relationship of our characters to each other. Great, indeed. But, where is the meaning in those relationships if we never see those characters interacting.

I would like to suggest that the legacy system enable us to use our alts as companions to our other characters. Assuming that one of the perks of the legacy system could be a boost to xp, to aid leveling more alts -- could this be implemented such that when questing with a companion that is one of your alts, they would get a percentage of the kill or quest xp (Including what the XP would be, if the character you were playing were level 50), and that was applied to your alt when you logged them in?

In my book, that would be one of the best ways to realize an XP boost for alts.

That would be a good idea, but I see it more of a possibility for an expansion. They would need comprehensive voice work done (quips, companion comments for quests, affection quests) or else it will just feel hollow. They've already said that there was a chance that they are looking at Alta meeting via legacy and that it was "down the road" so... Who knows. :D

Really hope that legacy allows alts to level faster, in whatever form that takes. I'm at 45 on my smuggler and once he's hit 50, I plan to level 2-3 alts. I won't be looking forward to doing the same side quests again, so it'd be cool to level faster and skip some of it.