Am I supposed to be able to solo elite mobs (witha adds)

Six-Echo

I left about 1 month after release and have decided to come back. Had a pretty decently geared 50 merc when I left. (yes I know that isn't well geared at this point in time)

So after trying the quests on makeb, they were too hard. People told me to run hard mode FP's to gear up. So while waiting in queue I go back to Ilum because I never finished that planet.

However, I keep running into elite mobs blocking access to solo quest objectives. Am I supposed to be able to kill these? Because I am no where even in the remote vicinity of being able to take them out.

Very frustrating...

I left about 1 month after release and have decided to come back. Had a pretty decently geared 50 merc when I left. (yes I know that isn't well geared at this point in time)

So after trying the quests on makeb, they were too hard. People told me to run hard mode FP's to gear up. So while waiting in queue I go back to Ilum because I never finished that planet.

However, I keep running into elite mobs blocking access to solo quest objectives. Am I supposed to be able to kill these? Because I am no where even in the remote vicinity of being able to take them out.

Very frustrating...

Wise use of companions. Kill the easy mobs first. They die fast, but they can still hurt you pretty bad.